Talib.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Talib.

Today is going to be a turning point for this young defense. I've felt all along that they would improve and be playing their best down the stretch but with the great move BB made dealing for Talib makes them even better. Hes going to be a good guy to have playing with the talented Dennard back there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's probably a little rusty . . .

[/QUOTE]

Well, he was banned recently . . . 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's because BB isn't picking a CB in the top 10 of a draft. In the cap era.  Jesus Christ, will you morons play fair or not?

[/QUOTE]

None of the top franchises that stay good get to pick in the top 10 junior. But teams like the Steelers and Giants have won 2 SBs each in relatively recent history.

Most of all those bad teams that pick in the top 10 are searching for a decent imitation of what BB already has - a HOF QB. He has the luxury of not having to ever worry about that position on draft day.

Learn the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've felt that Dennard would be their best corner since they drafted him. BB knew not to try and sneak him on the practice squad like a few suggested. It looks like we have 2 legit corners for the first time since 2004 or so.

[/QUOTE]

who should improve

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Dennard should improve a lot with playing time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Anyone agreeing with Babe is apparently is in the home as well. LOL

Look, Dennard was good in college and clearly has skills, BB stole him and with Talib, if he stays straight, it's clearly a theft.

You little dorks changing your tune now cannot hide. I warned you.

[/QUOTE]

Hello...  McFly??? We all know Dennard was good in college. The whole world knows that junior. BB took a chance that others weren't willing to take before him that Dennard's off-field issues will work out and he will walk the straight and narrow. I'm not one of these nervous nellies that gets all bent out of shape because we take a guy who jaywalked onto the roster. So don't bother telling us something we already knew.

What tune is it that we are changing junior?

[/QUOTE]
    How quickly you turn into vaginaboy when someone dares to decline to worship you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Look, Dennard was good in college and clearly has skills, BB stole him and with Talib, if he stays straight, it's clearly a theft.

[/QUOTE]

The warnings were out people!! Hey bozo, it's getting embarrassing watching you think you own the argument over players that weren't even being argued about. Talib wasn't even here two weeks ago and everyone likes Dennard.

It makes as much sense as me saying, "the warning were out people, I told you a Toyota Camry will last longer than a chrysler 300!!"....when no one gives two do doos.

[/QUOTE]

That would make more sense if you actually stated it. You just hate it when this D does well, don't you?

It's hilarious watching you have to expose your pink panties.  It realyl is. We're laughing at you.  

LOL

It's like you hate it when the Pats D does anything good or great.  Enjoy the cupcake class tomorrow morning, dork.

[/QUOTE]

I'm impressed junior. 1100+ posts in 3 weeks. That has to be a record.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought overall, he looked good. Kinda like a real DB looks. Haven't seen much looking like that from this secondary for a long time. He's probably a little rusty, but overall he has good reaction.

On another note, McCourty looks fairly good at safety. I think the different angle you approach the receivers from at safety solves much of his "I can't turn around" problem. I would say he appears a major upgrade from Chung.

As I said, Talib might well transform this secondary into a halfway decent unit. Time will tell on all this, but it's a promising start.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% , nice thread babe.

[/QUOTE]

There's not a lot to argue about on the Talib subject. We're all hoping he excels and brings some much needed stability to the D secondary.

Of course, the usual suspect comes in and right off the bat starts trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's probably a little rusty . . .

[/QUOTE]

Well, he was banned recently . . . 

[/QUOTE]

Good one.... I noticed the coincidence of words after I wrote them, but your pointing out the coincidence of banning is quite apt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hello...  McFly??? We all know Dennard was good in college. The whole world knows that junior. BB took a chance that others weren't willing to take before him that Dennard's off-field issues will work out and he will walk the straight and narrow. I'm not one of these nervous nellies that gets all bent out of shape because we take a guy who jaywalked onto the roster. So don't bother telling us something we already knew.

What tune is it that we are changing junior?

[/QUOTE]
    How quickly you turn into vaginaboy when someone dares to decline to worship you.

[/QUOTE]

What are you babbling about now Rusty?

Exactly two people have come in here with negative crap. Rusty and you - which is really Rusty and Rusty.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

I've felt that Dennard would be their best corner since they drafted him. BB knew not to try and sneak him on the practice squad like a few suggested. It looks like we have 2 legit corners for the first time since 2004 or so.

[/QUOTE]

Let's not put the cart before the horse, though.......so far, so good

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Looks like you guys lost focus, yet once again...  Here lemme help. 

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Cornerback Aqib Talib electrified Patriots fans in his debut with a dazzling 59-yard interception return for a touchdown, which led to the 200th straight sellout crowd cheering his name seemingly every time it was announced.

It was a memorable debut, which led to the following exchange after the game:

Did you hear the cheers?
    "No, I was locked in. I wasn't paying attention to the volume meter or anything like that."

How did you feel about the overall welcome you received?
    "When they said my name at the beginning, I got a pretty good welcome. It made me feel pretty good, made me a little more excited than I already was."

Feel like it could be home?
    "Man, I would love for it to be home."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Talib was in coverage on two touchdowns, and he reviewed those plays afterwards.

"On the short one, I just got undercut on the goal-line. I just didn't play good technique; I kind of let him line me to get back inside," he explained. "Then on the other one, I had my eyes on the wrong spot. My eyes were exactly where they shouldn't be -- on the quarterback -- and I watched him throw a touchdown on me. I got to get a lot better."

As for the 59-yard interception return, Talib broke down how it unfolded.

"We were in a three-deep [coverage] and I got a dig [route] and kind of just squeezed it. Our underneath coverage did a good job of sinking back and [Andrew] Luck tried to fit it in there," Talib said. "He overthrew it due to our underneath coverage. I just got my hands on the ball and we're all thinking touchdown."

As for the runback itself, Talib said: "I just saw a bunch of blue jerseys in front of me getting blocks. I just tried to weasel my way to the touchdown."

I think we are all going to like this guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

"Man, I would love for it to be home

I think this is encouraging  but than again $ will come into play!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

This is hilarious watching Babe with his underdiapers around his ankles. It's his worst nightmare.

[/QUOTE]

What are you even talking about, you mental case?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is hilarious watching Babe with his underdiapers around his ankles. It's his worst nightmare.

[/QUOTE]

What are you even talking about, you mental case?

[/QUOTE]

why are you feeding them?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like you guys lost focus, yet once again...  Here lemme help. 

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Cornerback Aqib Talib electrified Patriots fans in his debut with a dazzling 59-yard interception return for a touchdown, which led to the 200th straight sellout crowd cheering his name seemingly every time it was announced.

It was a memorable debut, which led to the following exchange after the game:

Did you hear the cheers?
    "No, I was locked in. I wasn't paying attention to the volume meter or anything like that."

How did you feel about the overall welcome you received?
    "When they said my name at the beginning, I got a pretty good welcome. It made me feel pretty good, made me a little more excited than I already was."

"Man, I would love for it to be home."

[/QUOTE]

thanks getz

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Today is going to be a turning point for this young defense. I've felt all along that they would improve and be playing their best down the stretch but with the great move BB made dealing for Talib makes them even better. Hes going to be a good guy to have playing with the talented Dennard back there.

[/QUOTE]

re your first sentence, my confidence was not that high. i hoped it woudl improve. without the switch to starting dennard and talib and bb deciding to go aggressive, i doubt the defense would be any different today than its been all year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You got it bred, anytime.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I like what I saw from the secondary in general yesterday.  For having not been on the field for over 4 weeks I thought Talib looked good; a little rusty to be sure but all in all a good outing.  The Dennard pick seemed to unfold in slow motion from my perspective.  Once he started to make a move on the ball I thought he had a shot at a pick-six.  

All in all, it appears Talib's presence in the secondary is going to make a noticeable difference but I think everyone suspected that it would.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lol....great minds think alike :)

[/QUOTE]

True Bubba. This is the second time this year we have posted about the exact same thing within a minute or so of each other.

I salute your brilliance! :)

Sections
Shortcuts