Talib

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Talib

Talib has proven his worth, when he plays. The "when he plays" part being the key.

Consider this, the poster boy for fragility (according to some on this board at least), Danny Amendola has played in 33 of 57 games over the past 3 plus seasons (2010-12 plus this year). That includes missing 15 games in 2011 after an elbow injury in the first game.

Talib has played in 39 of 57 games in the same period.

If you take out 2011, Amendola has played in 32 of 42 games and Talib in 28 of 42. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Finding the cap space, if BB wants to keep the guy, won't be an issue IMO.  BB has a track record for making this happen.

As so many others have said, the key is Talib's durability or lack thereof.  An incentive laden deal with a fair-to-both sides guaranteed $$ provision may end up keeping him.  I'd like to see the guy with the Pats for several years to come.

Oh, and this thread really is a great read with a number of excellent posts throughout. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talib has proven his worth, when he plays. The "when he plays" part being the key.

Consider this, the poster boy for fragility (according to some on this board at least), Danny Amendola has played in 33 of 57 games over the past 3 plus seasons (2010-12 plus this year). That includes missing 15 games in 2011 after an elbow injury in the first game.

Talib has played in 39 of 57 games in the same period.

If you take out 2011, Amendola has played in 32 of 42 games and Talib in 28 of 42. 

[/QUOTE]

And this is why I wouldn't want to sign Talib to the amount of money being tossed around here. It just simply isn't worth that much of an investment if the guy can't stay on the field. He could give Ty Law types of performance but if he's only on the field half the time it's almost like you are paying double for the man. Lets also not forgot most of his injures and broken bones or the like they are injures that tend to rear their ugly head as the weather gets colder and the muscles tension up. If they can get him for around $5mil a year I'd love to have him back (with a safety net signing too) but I'm not giving him large money because lets face it, leg and hip issues at 27 means he's not long for the league so long term big gauranteed money should be off the table.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I personally don't care if they resign him, he is just like Amendola...a guy you can't count on. His track record says that and he demostrated here in the AFC Championship game and the time missed this season. I'm not saying he is a wimp that goes down on first contact, I'm saying he is injury prone and a guy you can live without. I think both he and Amendola wil be gone nextr year.

Now if they both stay healthy and are major reasons why we win the Super Bowl this year...great, but that is not the norm with these two and I'd be fine with watching them walk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I personally don't care if they resign him, he is just like Amendola...a guy you can't count on. His track record says that and he demostrated here in the AFC Championship game and the time missed this season. I'm not saying he is a wimp that goes down on first contact, I'm saying he is injury prone and a guy you can live without. I think both he and Amendola wil be gone nextr year.

Now if they both stay healthy and are major reasons why we win the Super Bowl this year...great, but that is not the norm with these two and I'd be fine with watching them walk.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Amendola would cost $2.5mil in dead money next season if cut so he's worth keeping for another season but if his injures continue I can't see him lasting past 14'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think we need to see how this plays out during the rest of this year. Will he make it back on to the field? What impact will he have if/when he does come back? 

It makes more sense to evaluate him after we see if he can produce the rest of the year. If he doesn't make it back or produces little if he comes back... it makes no sense to put serious money into him. 

Sections
Shortcuts