Talk about a shift in Offensive philosophy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Talk about a shift in Offensive philosophy!

With the year end stats in, how amazed are many of you the Pats LED the NFL in RUSHING TDs??  The Pats had 25, 3 better than 2nd place Washington.  What is also interesting is how TB with his arm and 34 TD passes, was not responsible for a vast majority of team TDs like other passers in his elite class.  Drew Brees had 43 TD passes, but, the Saints only had 10 rushing TDs.  Peyton had 27 passing TDs and the Broncos only had 12 rushing TDs which is surprising given how often folks say the Broncos are supposed to have a good running game.  Lastly, Rodgers had 39 TD passes with the Packers only having 9 rushing TDs!  Seems these aforementioned teams relied a lot more on the arm of their QB for TDs than the Pats did!  One can imagine if the Pats called more passing plays in close for a TD versus running it as often as they did how many TB could have had in the end.  Now, when a D plays the Pats, they can no longer expect a passing play for a TD the majority of the time as this team proved it can punch it in!  Everyone like that balance?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Talk about a shift in Offensive philosophy!

ummm, I like SB wins so let me get back to you on that. Im sure others here will use these stats to pursue their respective agendas but me, I just want another freeking Lombardi before TFB hangs it up!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ummm, I like SB wins so let me get back to you on that. Im sure others here will use these stats to pursue their respective agendas but me, I just want another freeking Lombardi before TFB hangs it up!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, another SB trophy would be nice.  But, as I pointed out, the offense is not all passing for TDs like the past as the running game is more effective and a conundrum for the opponents D when the Pats are in the Red Zone.  Defend what type of play the most, run or pass?  They can't plan on a pass heavy scoring attack in the red zone now, IMHO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, another SB trophy would be nice.  But, as I pointed out, the offense is not all passing for TDs like the past as the running game is more effective and a conundrum for the opponents D when the Pats are in the Red Zone.  Defend what type of play the most, run or pass?  They can't plan on a pass heavy scoring attack in the red zone now, IMHO.

[/QUOTE]

I mean I like it dont get me wrong, but I also believe we were the more talented team in the last 2 SBs so color me un-enthused I guess. If BB doesnt come in with the right gameplan and gets outcoached again, none of this matters but yes, Im excited that we are more balanced and that SHOULD transalate to a better postseason and all but I have to see it. Im scorned from 42 and 46...lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

or 2....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

or 2....

[/QUOTE]
     or 3...Uckf it!  I want em all

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

or 2....

[/QUOTE]
     or 3...Uckf it!  I want em all

[/QUOTE]
    :)
    why not while we can. brady and bb shoudl capitalize. few additions in fa adn draft and we go for what we can in these last years

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With the year end stats in, how amazed are many of you the Pats LED the NFL in RUSHING TDs??  The Pats had 25, 3 better than 2nd place Washington.  What is also interesting is how TB with his arm and 34 TD passes, was not responsible for a vast majority of team TDs like other passers in his elite class.  Drew Brees had 43 TD passes, but, the Saints only had 10 rushing TDs.  Peyton had 27 passing TDs and the Broncos only had 12 rushing TDs which is surprising given how often folks say the Broncos are supposed to have a good running game.  Lastly, Rodgers had 39 TD passes with the Packers only having 9 rushing TDs!  Seems these aforementioned teams relied a lot more on the arm of their QB for TDs than the Pats did!  One can imagine if the Pats called more passing plays in close for a TD versus running it as often as they did how many TB could have had in the end.  Now, when a D plays the Pats, they can no longer expect a passing play for a TD the majority of the time as this team proved it can punch it in!  Everyone like that balance?

[/QUOTE]

I think you will find when the Pats won the three SB that was also the case as far as rushing TD's and so fourth. I really like the balance we have on offense finally!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Why would you be surprised? THey started the transition to a more flexible and balanced O when they drafted Gronk and Hernandez, the draft of Solder and Cannon, the pick up of FA TEs, and the drafting of Vereen and Ridley and the adding of Woodhead and Bolden. Last year we saw the running game expand. I am not at all surprised that it has expanded a bit more this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think you'll find the Pats have been leaders in rushing TDs for the last few years, just not yards.

3rd last year, 2nd in 2010.

And no, they were not leaders in that in the SB years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Good post bill...  It is clear evidence along with yardage stats (420 MORE YARDS) that this years offense (mcd) is far more balanced therefore vastly superior to last years (obie the schizoid monkey) version.

Obie lovers should soak these brilliant facts up their wayward aszes and start seeing the light of day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who cares how they score from the 1, just score.  I'm sure if Gronk didn't miss 5 games he would of had at least 5 of those 25.  So I wouldn't read too much into it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good post bill...  It is clear evidence along with yardage stats (420 MORE YARDS) that this years offense (mcd) is far more balanced therefore vastly superior to last years (obie the schizoid monkey) version.

Obie lovers should soak these brilliant facts up their wayward aszes and start seeing the light of day.

[/QUOTE]

Read Shenanigans post before saying falsehoods. The Pats were tied for 3rd in rushing TD's in 2011 and in 2010 they were tied for 2nd, a grand total of 1 TD behind first place. Lets not let facts get in the way of a good story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

being able to score passing or rushing is a good thing. That being said, there are a couple of teams (49ers, Texans, Ravens, and mebbe Broncos) who still can beat the Patriots if they are successful in harassing Brady and the offense.  With the addition of (a healthy) Talib, I think the Patriots have the flexibility to win low scoring games/close games on defense.  I don't think one could have said that earlier in the year or last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

One thing I did notice, and I am only going by my recollection, but it seems we have had a LOT of pass plays stopped on the 1 -3 yard line this year. That might account for 6 or 8 TDs that might otherwise not have been by the run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The injury to Gronk played a roll in the touchdowns being down a bit in the passing game, it was good to see that they found other ways to score. If Gronk gets close to 100% it will make us even more dynamic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Unpredictability is always a good thing for an offense... especially when it ends in a TD.  Moving up from 17th in rushing to 2nd in the NFL also helps.  I hope they stick to what got them here and keep mixing it up all the way to a Super Bowl victory.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In the end it comes down to red zone efficiency...the better you are at running ball inside the 20 it opens up the playbook and allows teams to use the death off all defenses...play action. One doesn't have to be an expert analyst to arrive at the conclusion that this years team with Ridley, Vareen, Bolden & Woodhead. Is the best group of backs we've had since the superbowl teams led by Dillion & Faulk. Rushing T.D's aren't a real good barometer of teams ability to run the ball. To me a good run game is measured by a teams ability to sustain drives in the forth quarter to put teams away, when the opponent bring the safety down in the box. There's little question in my mind that this years offense is far more balanced teams either of our last two Superbowl teams. the same could be said of our defense as well. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

being able to score passing or rushing is a good thing. That being said, there are a couple of teams (49ers, Texans, Ravens, and mebbe Broncos) who still can beat the Patriots if they are successful in harassing Brady and the offense.  With the addition of (a healthy) Talib, I think the Patriots have the flexibility to win low scoring games/close games on defense.  I don't think one could have said that earlier in the year or last year.

[/QUOTE]

Talib AND Dennard. THe pair of the wil be required. THe pair have played well. HAving both means that Arrington is not out on a corner and can play star while McCourty can play FS. Both are more effective in those roles and can be burned in a corner role. Especially Arrington.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read Shenanigans post before saying falsehoods. The Pats were tied for 3rd in rushing TD's in 2011 and in 2010 they were tied for 2nd, a grand total of 1 TD behind first place. Lets not let facts get in the way of a good story.

[/QUOTE]

Misleading. That came early in the year when BJGE had the most TDs in 2010 and through Week 5 of the 2011 season.

After the Jets game, when he had the turf toe injury, that number dropped dramatically for like 2 months and on into the playoffs.  

So, again, the concept comes back to a fluid style of play, balance and consistency.  It's like saying a marathon runner averaged a certain time, but what good is it if the way they got that time only had a great rate of speed very early in the race and they got 3rd place because of mismanagement of the course?

All you're doing (with others) is doing what GM does.  "Well, let's open the books and see how can we can look at the numbers and get them to look how I want them to look so I can tell the board how great we're doing."

FAIL

Numbers don't always tell the actual story.

[/QUOTE]

Do you ever stop lying?  Numbers do tell the story.  Stats are compiled at the conclusion of the year and not "early in the year"   ??????  W T F.

Benny DID NOT have the most rushing TD's in 2010, Foster (18), Bowe (15) Benny tied with 3 other guys @ 13.  Yes, they were 2nd in 2010.  Facts don't lie no matter what twisted logic you attempt to excrete.

Once again, you are a liar and a fraud

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts