Talk about nailing it on the draft...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Re: Talk about nailing it on the draft...

In Response to Talk about nailing it on the draft...:

Over the past 4 years of Drafts, I have changed my opinion of it. Bellicheck has shown it best to stock up on the O and D line-men. (ALSO YOU FORGOT TO MENTION MCCORTY)

I think Woodhead and BJGE will continue to excel due to their small and hard to catch size running behind the big men in front. Now BB should select a monster rush man to kill quaterbacks and stock up the line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/01/06/the-race-for-rookie-of-the-year-patriot-reign/

Three of our analysts sat down, looked at the grades and the entire body of rookie work to decide the top dog was. And after much discussion, we finally ended this race after deciding one candidate had cornered the market.
    1. Devin McCourty, CB, New England Patriots (+11.6)

McCourty wasn’t seen by many coming out of the draft as even worthy of a first-round pick — in fact, the talk was that his primary impact this year would be on special teams. Instead he’s played like a top-10 cornerback league-wide, even with some tricky games, and has been one of the keys to New England’s great play down the stretch.

To his credit, Gronk pulled in at #5 on their rookie of the year list.

5. Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots (+12.5)

Early on in the season he looked to the most complete tight end entering the league, and after a blip, he reinforced that with a superb second half of the season. Not bad to lead tight ends in touchdowns and still do a superb job as a run blocker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This crop of rookies is peobably the best crop the patriots have drafted in years: McCourty CB,Gronkowski TE,Spikes ILB,Cunningham DE/OLB, Mesko P, and Price even though he hasn't had a chance to shine as of yet. Are there any other Rookies that I'm missing from this past draft?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Don't forget:

Hernandez, TE
    Deadrick, DL
    Love, DL
    Fletcher, ILB
    Serigo Brown, S

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This is looking like one of the best drafts by any team in years.  You could argue if the Draft was redone today that Mccourty (1st), Gronk (2nd), and Hernandez (4th) would likely get taken in the 1st round while Cunningham and Spikes would probably still go in the second round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

2008's overall pull (BJGE and Guyton undrafted) is also better than given credit for. In fact, it gets better in 2009 and into 2010's draft.

What will 2011 bring? Hmm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jason4444444. Show Jason4444444's posts

In Response to Re: Talk about nailing it on the draft...:
    Don't forget: Hernandez, TE Deadrick, DL Love, DL Fletcher, ILB Serigo Brown, S
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

I agree that this was a great draft but you have to consider Fletcher Love and Brown differently. They were all undrafted free agents and have all made their mark on this team. It brings me back to the piece that Reiss did a few weeks ago when he seperated the roster by where they were drafted. Almost half of the NE roster is undrafted guys and these guys contribute. BJGE, Welker, Guyton, Connolly, Woodhead, Arrington and others that are more depth guys. Obviously 1st and 2nd round talent is pretty impressive (look at our pro bowl guys all are first or second round picks besides Brady (*Welker (Undrafted) and Light (3rd?) were late additions)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

BB understands management science (how to coach people to get the best out of them), systems theory (how the parts all fit together) and human resources (talent evaluation) better than anyone in the NFL. The problem for most teams in the NFL is they don't approach this as an art/science. It approached randomly, "by instinct", shooting from the hip and this approach is destined for failure.

Sections
Shortcuts