Talking Rams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Talking Rams

I had my first opportunity to view one of those NFL game tapes with a group that was much smarter than me with regards to what was actually going on. 

The Rams safeties are worse than the Pats safeties! Seems Gronk and Hernandez could have a big day? Rams also vulnerable against the run as the lb's are poor tacklers. Rams capable of pressure on Brady, Pats need to establish the run early so the Rams d line simply doesn't rush the passer. Should be some open lanes. 

Rams have some speed at the WR position. But the type of WR's they have seem to play to McCourty's strength (straight ahead speed, not good route runners) Hoping Pats healthy enough to line up McCourty at CB.

Bradford looks healthy and accurate. He could be the best QB Pats have faced other than Manning. He reminds me of Brady actually. Good pocket awareness, but if he has to start throwing on the run, his effectiveness goes way down. Need at least 8 pressures by the Pats D. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: Talking Rams

This should be a win for the Patriots and it's going to be. Even if Bradford is one of the better QBs they have faced so far this year, it appears his O-line is really poor. I think I saw on PFF that Wayne Hunter has improved the line. Wayne Hunter....

Bradford so far has something like 7 TDs to 6 INTs, not exactly scaring.

The Rams are defensively strong outside the numbers in the passing game, but the Pats passing strength is inside the numbers. They can get after the QB, so I agree they should establish the run early, and then pass down the seam.

If they avoid too many brainf**ts, I just don't see them loosing. I hope for a win and no more injuries.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

The matchup thast really scares me is Amendola vs Arrington. It would be really noce to see Amendola take another week to heal but it looks likehe may play. One way to slow down a good pass rush is to run the ball right at them and make those DE's hesitate to get up field. I have heard a lot of Pats fans talk about Bradford being a good QB but to me hes not. He was the # 1 pick but he is very average. Doesn't throw a grood deep ball but then agasin he doesn't have WR that can go catch one. Lets hope the Pats play man to man and go after Bradford to get off the field.

The Pats offense should put up points early and often. The Pats D will have their ups and downs but they need to make key plays on 3rd down to get off the field.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I just heard that Hernandez didn't make the trip to London

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

We need to win, just because Jeff Fisher is coaching the Rams.  He never hesitated to talk and take cheap shots on the Patriots.  His presence on the competition committee was also usually an anti-Patiots one in nearly everything he did.  Guess who is still mad about 03.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

The Pats cannot take this Rams d lightly, they are fast and strong, but not the best out there. They may be better than most expect. I live inn STL and see alot of this team every week, not doubting the Pats offense at all, by any means! The Rams are actually better than advertised, and unfortunately did beat both Seattle and Arizona. But this is the week the Pats blow the NFC west out of the water!!!!Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!KMc.  Sorry, didn't want this to come off as a negative post, and no slam against our Pats......pound out some Rams!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I had my first opportunity to view one of those NFL game tapes with a group that was much smarter than me with regards to what was actually going on. 

The Rams safeties are worse than the Pats safeties! Seems Gronk and Hernandez could have a big day? Rams also vulnerable against the run as the lb's are poor tacklers. Rams capable of pressure on Brady, Pats need to establish the run early so the Rams d line simply doesn't rush the passer. Should be some open lanes. 

Rams have some speed at the WR position. But the type of WR's they have seem to play to McCourty's strength (straight ahead speed, not good route runners) Hoping Pats healthy enough to line up McCourty at CB.

Bradford looks healthy and accurate. He could be the best QB Pats have faced other than Manning. He reminds me of Brady actually. Good pocket awareness, but if he has to start throwing on the run, his effectiveness goes way down. Need at least 8 pressures by the Pats D. 

[/QUOTE]

Ask those guys who are smarter then you just how bad "The Road Warrior" James Laurinaitis is at tackling? He must have fluked his way into being tops in the league with 70 tackles in 7 games.

Also Bradford sucks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, Rams are playing the Pats and ANY team wants to put a whuppin on them every time.  Pats need to dominate a team like this to keep them in the discussion they are one of the better teams in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ask those guys who are smarter then you just how bad "The Road Warrior" James Laurinaitis is at tackling? He must have fluked his way into being tops in the league with 70 tackles in 7 games.

Also Bradford sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Champ. You are correct. The comments made were actually the LB's other than Laurinaitis. 

The consensus of the group however was that you are wrong about Bradford. Very good QB, needs some comfort that his OL will protect him, and needs some weapons. Very accurate when given time, better QB than Kolb, Wilson, Sanchez, Locker. More talent than Flacco, doesn't have the same surrounding cast. 

Comments actually made that he would be perfect in the Pats system 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Hernandez is out tomorrow.  And the Rams beat Arizona and Seattle.  Would be a huge mistake to take this Rams' team lightly.  Pats will have their hands full tomorrow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The Rams defense is definitely better than people are giving it credit for... they are 9th in both points and yards. That is significantly better than the Patriots D (19th in points and 23rd yards), and we will be starting McCourty out of position (although some would argue that is a better S than CB at this point) and two rookies in the defensive backfield. 

This game will come down to if the Patriots can score enough points against a good defense (something they have not done well this year). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also Bradford sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Champ. You are correct. The comments made were actually the LB's other than Laurinaitis. 

The consensus of the group however was that you are wrong about Bradford. Very good QB, needs some comfort that his OL will protect him, and needs some weapons. Very accurate when given time, better QB than Kolb, Wilson, Sanchez, Locker. More talent than Flacco, doesn't have the same surrounding cast. 

[/QUOTE]

I admit after watching a few of Bradfords games this year I think he is a talented QB. His O-line is not good to put it nice and after Amendola he doesn't really have many options.

I take back the bradford sucks comment.

However, after watching the Rams shutdown GB's starting Rb for 20 carries at 34 yards, I realize they have a better defense then people are giving them credit for. Pass D is legit,, and  I realize Green isn't a vet RB but take away a 15 yard gain he had and Rams basicaly held him to 1 ypc for 19 carries!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also Bradford sucks.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I admit after watching a few of Bradfords games this year I think he is a talented QB. His O-line is not good to put it nice and after Amendola he doesn't really have many options.

However, after watching the Rams shutdown GB's starting Rb for 20 carries at 34 yards, I realize they have a better defense then people are giving them credit for. Pass D is legit,, and  I realize Green isn't a vet RB but take away a 15 yard gain he had and Rams basicaly held him to 1 ypc for 19 carries!

[/QUOTE]

I think that is we miss the boat a lot. We wonder if the Patriots DBs can stop the other teams QB and receivers, but maybe we should look at the Patriots Offense vs the other teams Defense match-up. I have been mentioning this for the past couple of days, but the Patriots have lost to the three best defenses they have played (ARI, BAL and BAL) and beaten the four worst (TEN, BUF, DEN and NYJ). The big numbers they put up on the Titans and Bills are less impressive when you consider that they are the two worst defenses in the NFL. The Titans are actually giving up 34 points per game for the season!

Over the past few years, it has been proven that if you can keep the Patriots offense in the 20's you have an excellent chance of beating them. The Rams are certainly capable of doing that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also Bradford sucks.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think that is we miss the boat a lot. We wonder if the Patriots DBs can stop the other teams QB and receivers, but maybe we should look at the Patriots Offense vs the other teams Defense match-up. I have been mentioning this for the past couple of days, but the Patriots have lost to the three best defenses they have played (ARI, BAL and BAL) and beaten the four worst (TEN, BUF, DEN and NYJ). The big numbers they put up on the Titans and Bills are less impressive when you consider that they are the two worst defenses in the NFL. The Titans are actually giving up 34 points per game for the season!

Over the past few years, it has been proven that if you can keep the Patriots offense in the 20's you have an excellent chance of beating them. The Rams are certainly capable of doing that.

[/QUOTE]

What you are saying has a lot to do with why we have not beat a team with a winning record since 2010.  Yes our defense has struggled and is not mentally tough, but our offense has not played well(and that doesn't just mean scoring points) against the winning teams. My position(and many others) has always been we struggle against good teams because our offense has been obvious. We blow out Buffalo but lose to Arizona and Seattle, same story.

I think McD is working on changing that. Bringing Brady under center(even though he doesn't look comfortable there) and utilizing 3rd TE's, and giving defense's different looks, but I still don't see the most important aspect of our offense that we have been missing.

Throwing the football to the RB. Woodhead is the only guy we utilize in htis role and this is what makes our offense predictable. I watch so many other QB's check down to Rb's(even power backs) for a 3 or 4 yard gain and it drives a defense crazy. They have every option covered and the Rb bails em out. We NEVER do that.

We would rather throw the ball out of bounds or at a WW's feet then take a check down. The screen game as well, what happened to it? Where is it? Ridley has caught 6 of his 10 targets with 1 of them being his longest play from scrimmage for the year. Why not use him and Vareen here? Especially with Hern being injured for a while?

Anyway I see an offense struggling because they are out of their comfort zone, and as many leaders of men will tell you, you need to work on the things you are not comfortable doing in order to be successful. I think we are on the right track to bring back some versatility in this offense, and I think it could result in a victory on the biggest stage as opposed to the same outcome the 1 dimensional offense has had for years.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Rams will be a tough team to beat. They are much better than what a lot of people think. The Patriots should be able to run the ball and pass over the middle. The Ram corners are excellent , it won't be easy throwing outside and they also get a lot of interceptions . Bradford is a good quarterback but they faced better in Manning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsGoinDown2012's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Maybe you should actually pay attention to the news...Hernandez didn't make the trip to London.  Going to make it difficult for him to have a field day against the Rams as you predicted.  :-D

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good idea, I should pay attention, even though I posted 36 hours before the Hernandez announcement

have anything to say or here simply to bother?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

What you are saying has a lot to do with why we have not beat a team with a winning record since 2010.  Yes our defense has struggled and is not mentally tough, but our offense has not played well(and that doesn't just mean scoring points) against the winning teams. My position(and many others) has always been we struggle against good teams because our offense has been obvious. We blow out Buffalo but lose to Arizona and Seattle, same story.

I think McD is working on changing that. Bringing Brady under center(even though he doesn't look comfortable there) and utilizing 3rd TE's, and giving defense's different looks, but I still don't see the most important aspect of our offense that we have been missing.

Throwing the football to the RB. Woodhead is the only guy we utilize in htis role and this is what makes our offense predictable. I watch so many other QB's check down to Rb's(even power backs) for a 3 or 4 yard gain and it drives a defense crazy. They have every option covered and the Rb bails em out. We NEVER do that.

We would rather throw the ball out of bounds or at a WW's feet then take a check down. The screen game as well, what happened to it? Where is it? Ridley has caught 6 of his 10 targets with 1 of them being his longest play from scrimmage for the year. Why not use him and Vareen here? Especially with Hern being injured for a while?

Anyway I see an offense struggling because they are out of their comfort zone, and as many leaders of men will tell you, you need to work on the things you are not comfortable doing in order to be successful. I think we are on the right track to bring back some versatility in this offense, and I think it could result in a victory on the biggest stage as opposed to the same outcome the 1 dimensional offense has had for years.

[/QUOTE]

I have less faith than you do for McDaniels to be key becoming more versatile. He was the co-ordinator for the worst offense in the NFL last year (of course, a lot of that comes from having Bradford vs Brady), but he was also in charge of the offense the year it could not figure out how to score versus the Giants in the Super Bowl (and a "consultant" the second time).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have less faith than you do for McDaniels to be key becoming more versatile. He was the co-ordinator for the worst offense in the NFL last year (of course, a lot of that comes from having Bradford vs Brady), but he was also in charge of the offense the year it could not figure out how to score versus the Giants in the Super Bowl (and a "consultant" the second time).

[/QUOTE]

I hear you there, but to be fair to McD they also broke most offensive records in football that year and in 2008 took a QB who never even started a college game and got an 11-5 record out of him with back to back 450 yard games.

He also was the O.C in 2006 when we had the worst offense in BB's Patriot tenure but still made it to and scored 34 points in the AFC game against the Colts only to watch the vaunted defense every spoiled fan here screams for give up the game in the 4rth qtr.

I don't pretend to be sure McD can fix our problems but he sure does have a good track record in N.E....barring the the 12 rushing attempt loss to the Gints in 07....where was Mr. Kevin Faulk again???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The matchup thast really scares me is Amendola vs Arrington. It would be really noce to see Amendola take another week to heal but it looks likehe may play. One way to slow down a good pass rush is to run the ball right at them and make those DE's hesitate to get up field. I have heard a lot of Pats fans talk about Bradford being a good QB but to me hes not. He was the # 1 pick but he is very average. Doesn't throw a grood deep ball but then agasin he doesn't have WR that can go catch one. Lets hope the Pats play man to man and go after Bradford to get off the field.

The Pats offense should put up points early and often. The Pats D will have their ups and downs but they need to make key plays on 3rd down to get off the field.

[/QUOTE]

I really do not know why people seem to think they the Patriots will be piling points up on this team. They are a top ten defense right now in both points and yards. After Seattle and Arizona, the Rams are actually the best defense the Pats will have played so far.

I think this game is going to be much lower scoring than people expect. If the line and the o/u are correct, you are looking at Pats 27-20, but I think it will be closer than that. It will probably be another game decided on the final possession.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

hernia is out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hernia is out

[/QUOTE]

Poor guy . . .   stubbed his toe again.

Beyond that, has anyone else besides me noticed the Pats' propensity to play down to their opponent . . .   or is it simply that they're no longer as good as we've simply come to assume they are?

Today is one of those days that might help us find out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]Poor guy . . .   stubbed his toe again.

Beyond that, has anyone else besides me noticed the Pats' propensity to play down to their opponent . . .   or is it simply that they're no longer as good as we've simply come to assume they are?

Today is one of those days that might help us find out.
    [/QUOTE]

They are not as good prairie mike, to the dismay of many fans, but neither are the rest of the top teams. Parity has taken hold in the NFL, the Patriots are no longer blowing teams away like in the past and they now have to relearn how to win close games.

Today will be another one of those close games.

25. This post has been removed.