Tamba Hali Of The Chiefs Is The Free Agent Answer To Patriot Pass Rush.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Tamba Hali Of The Chiefs Is The Free Agent Answer To Patriot Pass Rush.....

Underrated Outside linebacker of the Chiefs has had 23 sacks and 7 forced fumbles the last two seasons, 14.5 sacks this season.  He's only 27 entering his prime.   If the Chiefs don't franchise tag him he'd be the perfect addition to the Patriots pass rush especially if we could add a 1st round defensive end that can get at the passer as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Tamba Hali Of The Chiefs Is The Free Agent Answer To Patriot Pass Rush.....

Yes he is except the odds of KC not tagging him or letting him go are as good as the Pats releasing or trading Mayo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

you sure? there's probably better younger talent in the draft

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

there is a former great GM of the pats who you might have heard of running the front office of the cheifs, no way does he let this guy go.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

In Response to Re: Tamba Hali Of The Chiefs Is The Free Agent Answer To Patriot Pass Rush.....:
    [QUOTE]Who says he wouldn't be the next Adalius Thomas?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I say the Fact that he doesnt play next to Ray Lewis or any dominating Player is reason enough to Bring in this sack machine. It wuldnt suprise me if KC lets him walk BC they have alot of Money tied up in a bunch of players. Plus i think Dwayne Bowe is Due for a Big payday too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Tamba Hali Of The Chiefs Is The Free Agent Answer To Patriot Pass Rush.....:
    [QUOTE]there is a former great GM of the pats who you might have heard of running the front office of the cheifs, no way does he let this guy go.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Wonder if that GM would trade him for Mankins and a mid-round pick?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Be careful what you wish for - the Pats hit a whole new level of play in early Nov when Mankins came back. I hope they sign him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Also - there is a lot of talk out there who the Pats s/ draft and when. It seems the Out LB position is tough to draft. I would prefer they either trade or sign a FA and get a good proven player for that spot. Use the drat picks on DL, OL and maybe another Outside LB. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Be careful what you wish for - the Pats hit a whole new level of play in early Nov when Mankins came back. I hope they sign him.
    Posted by OldDomPats[/QUOTE]

True, but easier to draft a solid guard than a pass rushing OLB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

I agree w/ that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

They're tough to sign as free agents too. I like the pats model where they take care of their talent (which is harder to miss on). 

I'd give Cunningham a chance to develop. A lot of these premier pass rushers develop over time. 

[QUOTE]Also - there is a lot of talk out there who the Pats s/ draft and when. It seems the Out LB position is tough to draft. I would prefer they either trade or sign a FA and get a good proven player for that spot. Use the drat picks on DL, OL and maybe another Outside LB. 
    Posted by OldDomPats[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Tamba Hali Of The Chiefs Is The Free Agent Answer To Patriot Pass Rush.....:
    [QUOTE]Underrated Outside linebacker of the Chiefs has had 23 sacks and 7 forced fumbles the last two seasons, 14.5 sacks this season.  He's only 27 entering his prime.   If the Chiefs don't franchise tag him he'd be the perfect addition to the Patriots pass rush especially if we could add a 1st round defensive end that can get at the passer as well.
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

he'll get tagged

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hey if the KC Chiefs let him walk then sure Hali is a potential target for the Patriots and every other 3-4 OLB/DE defense. The guy to get is Ray Edwards if you are looking for young and talented pass rushers that can also set the edge against the run.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]why not just go after lamar woodley? he's 10x better than hali in pass coverage, and still brings a heavy pass rush.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

LaMarr Woodley, to me at least, simply isn't a "gamer."  Now, I know that's an ambiguous term...  By "gamer", I mean: An NFL Player who WILL do a great number of those underrated (but, for me EXTREMELY Important)-Little things I want my IDEAL 3-4 Outside Linebacker TOO do... 

EXAMPLE of 2 "GAMERS":  

Dallas's Demarcus Ware=More Total Tackles than Woodley, Usually MUCH better in Passes Defensed (except for some reason in '10), Good Team Player who actually RE-upped with Dallas at a Price, which imho was a VERY good bargain for the 'boys, and finally Excellent @ Forced Fumbles...  NOW, that last FF category, much like the TT category, is simply vastly underrated, but to me, It's Impossible to UNDER-rate TT's and especially FF's;  To me, that says, THIS guy WILL play hard AND heads-up football, Over and Above EVERYthing else (RE: He is NOT merely looking for the espn highlight sack).  Drop back in coverage, strip the football, get his shirt dirty against the run=He wants to stop the other team for His Team...He wants TO W-I-N.

Pittsburgh's James Harrison=My FAVORITE "Gamer."  IF I wasn't heterosexual, and IF I didn't honestly believe that Harrison wouldn't kill me 1 Spring day, just for the he!! of it...I'd marry 'im.  Yes, I love him that much...  The fact that in 2010, Harrison pretty much stuck it ta Roger Goodell all season long, by continuing to play like a blood-thirsty man on a mission, Actually MAKES him that much MORE appealing than when I wanted to propose ta him for the last 4 or 5 years prior (j/k).  Ain't even right that he'll be 33 yrs old, and goin' into his 9th NFL Season (makin' him, not quite the best choice to shore up NE's OLB spot long term)...  ZERO WEAKNESSES (can also be read as ZERO things that Harrison OVER-focuses his game on, in lieu of something else)...Simply check out Harrison's total stats since he finally became a full-time Starting OLB for the 'steel (4 years totaled):  TT's: 378 (IN-sane @ OLB)/ PD's: 13 with 4 INTs (very solid)/ FF's: 25 (In just 4 years...freakin' absurd)/ Sacks: 45 (In 4 years, usually never the #1 sack-artist, just seemingly ONLY top 5-8...AL-ways).  Always in on play, and hits like a freight train (Incredible Football IQ AND An Intimidator...precisely what I'd look for).

Now, RE: Tamba Hali...Imo, the guy DOES have very similiar Total OLB Qualities as Ware and Harrison.  Mainly what I knew about Hali (of course), Were the things I recalled when he was Drafted by KC in the 2006 NFL Draft...  2 things specifically here- I remember Hali had a Fantastic Senior Bowl, and I believe was MVP for his side (which considerably rose his draft stock); Also, I recall the big "fallback" on him (according to NFL scouts), was that he was simply too bulky, & too slow to ever translate to the OLB spot in an NFL 3-4 Defense (great call Guys!).  Remember He came from some war-torn Country & everyone liked his high motor and good upfield-runnin' nose for the ball, BUT that he was much better with his hand in the dirt & not asked to play in space (even had a pretty high mid 4.8's 40 time...which, of course, A high 40 didn't deter me last year on Spikes's instincts, but I guess in 2006 these were the days that I still respected Mel Kiper as a Draft Analyst);

Anyway, the strange irony of the Scouts's initial take was that BE-fore KC transfered to a 3-4 Defense, Hali (at least imo) Did NOT live up to his mid 1st Rd Draft Selection...  Pretty sure Hali was a DE for KC for some time, and his side would get run-on pretty frequently.  Of course, sorta hard ta judge your overall skill level when ya play on an ENTIRE team that svx, for your first few seasons.  
         Again though, They talk about Collegiate DE-NFL 3-4 OLB, 'tweeners, But the oddity is that Hali IS sorta an NFL 'tweener: Remember he was a BIG-boy (weight-wise) to even seemingly hope to have that requisite 3-4 OLB speed, yet as a 4-3 DE, He always seemed sorta undersized to me...  And then when I just checked, Hali is listed at barely 6'3 and now upwards of the low 280lb range...crazy as a 3-4 OLB.

AND yet, It appears to have worked for him...  The good news is that to me, It sorta shows a good work-attitude/ethic, when one overcomes this...  The good/bad news, Is that in all honesty, I personally don't know too much RE: Hali's "Intangibles" (off-field/team-first mentality/football IQ)...  Also good/bad, I DO feel Hali's on the rise, but imho, the jury's still out on what you're TRULLY gettin' with him, bein' that he only just made that DE-OLB transfer 1-2 years ago, and that he's only been in league for 6 seasons (which again, Bad/Good: Unlike Wares' something like 7 or 8 seasons & Harrison's something crazy like 9 seasons, you're ideally getting someone just hitting their stride & on upswing of career);

~ANYone got info on Hali's off-field/intangible qualities, please feel free to share (idk)...          

18. This post has been removed.