tampa bay is the home team in england?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

tampa bay is the home team in england?

shouldnt the new [england] patriots be the home team in england?nothing against the ticket holders,but i think they messed up on picking the home team here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: tampa bay is the home team in england?

This is an ineresting question.

It would appear that a team from "New" England would be the obvious home choice for a game in "Olde" England. The colonial patriots themselves, however, were in direct opposition to the English -- so that would seem to make them an appropriate visiting team. I have no idea how the league goes about determining who will "host" this game, but as a Pats fan, particularly if you are a regular in Foxboro, you should be happy that this is an away game for the Pats, as it means you do not lose a game at your stadium.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Good.  I would rather have Tampa use up one of its home games over there so the Pats can keep all 8 of their home games in NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: tampa bay is the home team in england?:
    [QUOTE]This is an ineresting question. It would appear that a team from "New" England would be the obvious home choice for a game in "Olde" England. The colonial patriots themselves, however, were in direct opposition to the English -- so that would seem to make them an appropriate visiting team. I have no idea how the league goes about determining who will "host" this game, but as a Pats fan, particularly if you are a regular in Foxboro, you should be happy that this is an away game for the Pats, as it means you do not lose a game at your stadium.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Yup.  I'm sure glad my pops didn't get one less home game so the NFL can get publicity in a country that would much rather watch soccer.

Let the Bucs give up a home game.  Glazer owns Manchester United and I believe that includes the stadium in which they're playing on Sunday (the new Wembley Stadium)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to tampa bay is the home team in england?:
    [QUOTE]shouldnt the new [england] patriots be the home team in england?nothing against the ticket holders,but i think they messed up on picking the home team here.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

It works out for the best. Whether TB plays at home or on the road is irrelevant, because they stink equally either way.

NE are real contenders, so it makes sense to not deprive them of a home game that could be decisive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tampa bay is the home team in england? : Yup.  I'm sure glad my pops didn't get one less home game so the NFL can get publicity in a country that would much rather watch soccer. Let the Bucs give up a home game.  Glazer owns Manchester United and I believe that includes the stadium in which they're playing on Sunday (the new Wembley Stadium)
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

dude man u plays at old trafford in MANCHESTER, not london...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

[QUOTE]Good.  I would rather have Tampa use up one of its home games over there so the Pats can keep all 8 of their home games in NE.
    Posted by Mike-J-D[/QUOTE]

Neither team uses a home game on this one. It counts as a road game for both.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Stupid me - I thought it was because Kraft is one of three owners in the NFL who owns his own stadium and he did not want to lose the MILLIONS of dollars in ticket and concession revenue he gets per game........ 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Do teams have to agree to play in this game, or are they at the mercy of the schedule-maker?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

As I understand it - every team is to play a foreign soil game. The NFL would love a regular season game in Canada, but the gov of Canada wont allow it as it kill the CFL.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I wouldn't be suprised if the Bucs got a lot of love from the crowd. Not enough has been made about the fact that the "Patriots" are the opposing teams. Any Brit who knows a thing about their history should be less than thrilled.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I would have thought by now that the British are over the whole American Revolution thing considering how we tag teamed Hitler and gave him the bytch end of a slap.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjicks. Show bjicks's posts

No one over here is very aware of the revolution as its not taught in schools, our imperial past is pretty much glossed over these days. I reckon the crowd will probably be about 60/40 in the pats favour, it would be more but all the neutrals will support tampa because of the success new england have had lately.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]brits love the pats because all english men are homosexuals and have strong attractions to tommy brady.
    Posted by BillsHoody[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.... Having worked with the British military several times in my military and even post-military career, I'm quite sure we would be picking you up in pieces over a 10 mile radius if you were to say that in person to them.  I can think of no other country I would want by my side when times are tough.  Those guys just don't play games.  I have nothing but respect for them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I would have thought by now that the British are over the whole American Revolution thing considering how we tag teamed Hitler and gave him the bytch end of a slap.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

The Brits were over the "rebels taking over the colonies" thing before it started. Remember, we were the criminals they sent over seas.

Now the South on the other hand, those guys are just re-arming, it ain't over yet. LOOK OUT HERE THEY COME!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tampa bay is the home team in england? : Hmmm.... Having worked with the British military several times in my military and even post-military career, I'm quite sure we would be picking you up in pieces over a 10 mile radius if you were to say that in person to them.  I can think of no other country I would want by my side when times are tough.  Those guys just don't play games.  I have nothing but respect for them.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

calm down buddy, im stationed here in the UK myself and work with Brits at RAF Lakenheath. im just ball bustin

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

What is ccjli talking about ? The Bills have already played a home game in Toronto (last year). And Ralph Wilson will auction the team off when he croaks.  If the Bills were to play the Pats in T.O. I'm pretty sure the Krafts would be certain it does not count as a home game for their team. I know this sounds odd , but the British Press will play up the glamour aspect of Brady/Gisele.....that's almost a certainty that'll happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]As I understand it - every team is to play a foreign soil game. The NFL would love a regular season game in Canada, but the gov of Canada wont allow it as it kill the CFL.....
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

Bills and Fish played in Toronto last year, regular season.  One of the worst games in history by the way, and I wouldn't blame Canada for saying "no more" after that disaster.  I don't think it was close to a sellout either.  Doubt they'll do it again any time soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tampa bay is the home team in england? : dude man u plays at old trafford in MANCHESTER, not london...

Thanks - shows how much I know about soccer, but I know Glazer owns Manchester United, so I'm willing to bet this is why he wasn't averse to taking his product overseas
    *I've had my moments/rants, but this was by far my dumbest comment... I should have known better

But even if the Pats lost a home game, it would be a one-time event.  It could be worse.  We could be Bills fans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tampa bay is the home team in england? : calm down buddy, im stationed here in the UK myself and work with Brits at RAF Lakenheath. im just ball bustin

My Bad :^)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to tampa bay is the home team in england?:
    [QUOTE]shouldnt the new [england] patriots be the home team in england?nothing against the ticket holders,but i think they messed up on picking the home team here.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

But we're NEW England and it's Merry OLD England. I'm not saying this makes any sort of sense but it's the only lame reason I can come up with on short notice.

But really we have 8 home games in Foxboro so it's actually Tampa that's getting screwed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to tampa bay is the home team in england? : But we're NEW England and it's Merry OLD England. I'm not saying this makes any sort of sense but it's the only lame reason I can come up with on short notice. But really we have 8 home games in Foxboro so it's actually Tampa that's getting screwed.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE] im not complaining that the pats are not considered the home team.i was just curious about the england part.i know the money good teams make on there home games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zigmundo. Show zigmundo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tampa bay is the home team in england? : Bills and Fish played in Toronto last year, regular season.  One of the worst games in history by the way, and I wouldn't blame Canada for saying "no more" after that disaster.  I don't think it was close to a sellout either.  Doubt they'll do it again any time soon.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Muzzy - Dec 3rd vs Jets. Bills are home team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

I believe both teams have to sanction the notion of playing overseas prior to the NFL scheduling the game in London? I imagine Tampa Bay will receive additional concessions as they are the ones giving up the home game..?

Having been the past 2 seasons to the games at Wembley (and am going again this sunday), I can tell you that the most popular jersey worn were Pats jerseys - and they weren't even playing? I would expect at least 70% of the crowd to be pro Patriots this weekend. It has nothing to do with "New vs Old England" at all - rather, as Brits have been turned on to the NFL in the past 10 years it has been the Pats that have been the model franchise with no small amount of success along the way?

Bandwagon jumpers they may be, but this will feel like a home game for the Pats, not least as nobody gives a damn about the Bucs..? It's similar to why Manchester United have so many fans from outside of Manchester - the majority of their fans are "glory boys" in my opinion...

This game sold out in 6 minutes - not bad for over 80,000 tickets - such is the clamour over seeing the Pats. As long as these games keep selling out, I'm sure the NFL will want to keep pushing their product over here. I don't know how long that will last, but I'm over the moon that it's brought the Patriots over here this year.

I can't wait - it's been 2 years since my last Pats game and my old (i.e. pre-2001 lighter blue) Ted Johnson jersey will be worn with pride.

(By the way - no bandwagon jumping from me. I used to live in Boston from 1995 - 2002.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I believe both teams have to sanction the notion of playing overseas prior to the NFL scheduling the game in London? I imagine Tampa Bay will receive additional concessions as they are the ones giving up the home game..? Having been the past 2 seasons to the games at Wembley (and am going again this sunday), I can tell you that the most popular jersey worn were Pats jerseys - and they weren't even playing? I would expect at least 70% of the crowd to be pro Patriots this weekend. It has nothing to do with "New vs Old England" at all - rather, as Brits have been turned on to the NFL in the past 10 years it has been the Pats that have been the model franchise with no small amount of success along the way? Bandwagon jumpers they may be, but this will feel like a home game for the Pats, not least as nobody gives a damn about the Bucs..? It's similar to why Manchester United have so many fans from outside of Manchester - the majority of their fans are "glory boys" in my opinion... This game sold out in 6 minutes - not bad for over 80,000 tickets - such is the clamour over seeing the Pats. As long as these games keep selling out, I'm sure the NFL will want to keep pushing their product over here. I don't know how long that will last, but I'm over the moon that it's brought the Patriots over here this year. I can't wait - it's been 2 years since my last Pats game and my old (i.e. pre-2001 lighter blue) Ted Johnson jersey will be worn with pride. (By the way - no bandwagon jumping from me. I used to live in Boston from 1995 - 2002.)
    Posted by PatsFanUK[/QUOTE]

Cheers!

This is starting to sound like a 9th home game for the Pats

Sections
Shortcuts