Tate Injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

Tate Injury

Has anyone heard anything since the game? He seemed to grab his surgically repaired knee. I'm surprised that nobody in the media seems to care. He finally gave our kick return game some positive yards and seemed like a legit threat to break one. Something we had been missing all year. I was hoping he would add another threat/dimension in the Indy game. We'll need every advantage we can get. Remember the Bethel Johnson return against the Colts? Nobody cares if this guy is done for the year after his struggle to return and show of promise?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Tate Injury

Nothing is wrong with Brandon Tate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

How do you know? Why did they replace him on kick returns after he grabbed his knee?

In Response to Re: Tate Injury:
    [QUOTE]Nothing is wrong with Brandon Tate.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]How do you know? Why did they replace him on kick returns after he grabbed his knee? In Response to Re: Tate Injury :
    Posted by BBRules[/QUOTE]
     Nothing has been said..We should just wait to see if he practices today or tomorrow. For that Matter let's see if edelman practices too. We could use him on kick returns and offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Tate had his helmet off for the remainder of the game after his injury and clearly wasn't coming back in.  I was watching him on the sideline and he seemed to be testing his knee periodically.  I think he tweaked it and they took him out as a precaution. He was putting weight on it so it can't be too bad, but I bet they wanted to examine it before they let him risk any further injury. I suspect he'll be back unless the exam finds something more serious.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

thanks...I hope he is OK.

[QUOTE]Tate had his helmet off for the remainder of the game after his injury and clearly wasn't coming back in.  I was watching him on the sideline and he seemed to be testing his knee periodically.  I think he tweaked it and they took him out as a precaution. He was putting weight on it so it can't be too bad, but I bet they wanted to examine it before they let him risk any further injury. I suspect he'll be back unless the exam finds something more serious.
    Posted by soloflyfisher[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

On a related note, I guess we should not expect to see a 100% Tate for a few more weeks.  It seems like most players coming back from knee injuries need that time to fully play normal again.  In other words, whatever we see from him now is probably only a glimpse of things to come...  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]On a related note, I guess we should not expect to see a 100% Tate for a few more weeks.  It seems like most players coming back from knee injuries need that time to fully play normal again.  In other words, whatever we see from him now is probably only a glimpse of things to come...  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Hopefully in a positive light and not in a "he'll be injured allt he time and will never live up to expectations" manner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

[QUOTE]On a related note, I guess we should not expect to see a 100% Tate for a few more weeks.  It seems like most players coming back from knee injuries need that time to fully play normal again.  In other words, whatever we see from him now is probably only a glimpse of things to come...  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the samething Sunday. This guy has got to have blinding speed when he is at 100%

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

If Tate is less than 100%, he should be kept out of action. Its' foolish to risk his career if he's not fully ready to go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

even though he isnt a diffrence maker yet,i agree why risk his leg.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

The fact that Tate hasn't practiced this week, especially as other injured players came back today, can't be good.  I saw him on the bike at the Miami game, so I figured that there was no way it was a serious injury.  that being said, anybody have an idea as to why he's not practicing?  Maybe they found something serious, but I can't imagine a professional training staff would just miss a serious knee injury in the middle of a game and tell the player to go ride the bike...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that Tate hasn't practiced this week, especially as other injured players came back today, can't be good.  I saw him on the bike at the Miami game, so I figured that there was no way it was a serious injury.  that being said, anybody have an idea as to why he's not practicing?  Maybe they found something serious, but I can't imagine a professional training staff would just miss a serious knee injury in the middle of a game and tell the player to go ride the bike...
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

I am sure they would be very careful with his knee and IR him if it was really bad. My guess is that it is not so bad but they will still rest him a bit to be cautious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I say shelf Tate.(If he is indeed hurt) Sam Aiken is a big target with more speed then any of us gave him credit for. I think he fills the void at #3 or 4 wr and if Edelman can come back soon things look good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Lack of depth at WR is scaring me a bit.  An injury to Moss or Welker could be devastating.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Lack of depth at WR is scaring me a bit.  An injury to Moss or Welker could be devastating.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Wondering if we could start to see Slater taking some of those snaps? He was back returning kickoffs Sunday. He is, technically, a receiver and pretty fast.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

Even if tate was healthy ~ Wouldn't be thrilled with having a rookie with less than a dozen actual plays under his belt on the field Sunday Night in the biggest NFL Game of 2009 .
      If Tate eventually does need to be shelved for remainder if season -As far as wr depth goes...
    I for one believe fellow rookies Terrence Nunn & Edelman could get the job done
    ( Edelman has proved it in NFL games & Nunn earned a chance via Camp /preseason action )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Thank god somebody else has said it. TrueChamp, I have been cautioning people since week five (once the pup players were getting close to coming back) about Tate. How would he do any better than Aiken or Edelman, as a rookie taken in the third round, coming off a major knee injury, and not having practiced once, not once with the Pats. I mean it wasn't even like he got reps with the second stringers or PS scout team. This guy was not on the field for almost a year. How was he going to come in and be a starter more or less for one of the best teams in football?
    As for his kick return ability, he looked good but nothing really special. I mean maybe slightly above average for the league, but it wasn't the second coming of say Hester or Cribbs.

Either way he is listed as "out" for tomorrows game. It is his knee, so it could possibly be next year before we see him again...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

We still have one of the best receiving corps in the league people. I mean Randy and Wes, Edelman is expected to play and most Pats fans have seen enough of him to know he has the ability to move the chains the way Welker does, even though he is still a little raw. Aiken big target with good speed. There is your top four receivers for this team. Can somebody name 3 teams that have 4 better receivers on their roster? Also, like someone mentioned above, we do have Terrence Nunn, who looked really good beating up on 2nd and 3rd stringers in pre-season. Matt Slater who could fill in if neccessary and the sleeper in QB/WR Isaiah Stanback. I mean, I don't care who you are, there is nothing better than the QB in college turning to WR in the NFL story eh?

So relax people, we have one of the best receiving corps in the league, we also have depth. Yes our 3rd an 4th are not as good as our 1st and 2nd, but umm isn't that kind of expected. If any serious injuries happen there are FA out there that could be brought in. Don't really know how good a coked out Matt Jones would be right now but it is an option...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I said it in earlier posts about Tate, I never liked the idea of a rookie coming off knee surgery and returning kicks. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Watching the game again, he seemed to briefly grab for his right knee at the end of his kick return. He injured his left knee in college.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]Watching the game again, he seemed to briefly grab for his right knee at the end of his kick return. He injured his left knee in college.
    Posted by heisthejuan[/QUOTE]
    His knee is clearly the issue here, what we don't know is just how severe the injury is.  He was riding the bike for several drives trying to get loose, and he never left the bench so I'd be absolutely shocked if he re-tore any ligaments.  I mean think about it, when a guy tears up his knee, you know right away.  My guess is the coaching staff is playing it very very safe, something like a mild MCL sprain comes to mind.  Lets see what he's doing at this time next week, then I think long term conclusions are more valid.  I still have high hopes for the guy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Tate has been placed on IR. He's done for the season. Javon Walker, anyone?

Interesting to note that practice squad WR Terrence Nunn was not given a shot: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/14/pats-put-brandon-tate-on-injured-reserve/.

Another thing to note, the Pats chose Tate over WR Mike Wallace...who went to Pittsburgh on the very next selection, and has been a strong contributor to their offense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Anyone know anything about Isaiah Stanback who's replacing Tate on the 53-man roster? He is a QB turned receiver/kick returner apparently.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Tate was a pretty good third round gamble.  He was a 50% shot at being a first rounder.  Was.  Now maybe 20%.

There's still a chance he could be ok next year.  One extra reason to shelve him is because, as someone else pointed out, he's still a rookie.  He needs to run crisper routes, check off properly, work with the jugs machine for 50,000 balls, get stronger in the weight room, and last but not least he needs stronger knees.

Sections
Shortcuts