Tate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Tate

I'll give my house away to a muslim if tate is not cut-he's toast-total bust cut our losses-Price just took his spot-bet on it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: Tate

i tend to agree with you- but i would give my house to a hindu sociopath not a muslim- he seems to be the 6th receiver and kickoff returner- i think he stays because we dont have another competent returner-
    this team is deep and strong- if it wasnt i think it would be a no-brainer to keep this guy around..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He was always "iffy" with his knee being repaired. I have never seen any real speed with him and some receivers never recover from major knee surgery and he is one of them. He will not make the team this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Tate:
    [QUOTE]i tend to agree with you- but i would give my house to a hindu sociopath not a muslim- he seems to be the 6th receiver and kickoff returner- i think he stays because we dont have another competent returner- this team is deep and strong- if it wasnt i think it would be a no-brainer to keep this guy around..
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]sorry dude, kick returners are a dime and dozen. u can butler or willhite there if not cut or mccourty or dowling or faulk or edelman (wont be doing much else), or merriweather. not rocket science.

we have like 8 receivers. i think slater and farnham are more important than tate at theis point and both have shown the most progress. price i'm sure can return kicks, or farnham. hasnt slater done it in the past? lets not complicate simplicity!

didnt ellis hobbs do it with us, y cant devin? didnt work out as well in philly but thats a philly thing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

"we dont have another competent returner" . . . you kidding?  The kid Ross (WR from UCal) was second in the nation in kickoff returns! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swifttight. Show Swifttight's posts

i find it amazing that yalls are always calling for Tate to be gone but yet overlook that worthless, shrimp of a player Julian Edelman, that's who id like to see gone with a flying carpet. This guy sucks balls but yet i keep hearing sympathy for him on here while all crying for Tate's head.

Please, compare the Two, id keep tate any day. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

With the new rule changes to kick off's, returns roles have changed drastically. They don't have time to build up speed anymore and we might see more touch backs this year too. I think returns are going to turn more towards the Woodhead and Welker types. Quick, shifty, smaller players much more like PR's then the former KR's

But I agree I think Tate will find his way out since Slater could be a spare WR and a better STer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree. Tate seems to be looking from the outside in as of late. I think Price just moved ahead of him on the depth chart, especially after last night's performance. I can only imagine what he might look like with Brady throwing to him.

What is Tate good at? He's not a complete receiver, his KR skills are good, but he's no Devin Hester either. He has no ST / coverage ability. Why keep him? If you look at players that are competing with him, I think a guy like Slater has more value to this team because he is great on ST, and can serve as a serviceable WR if called on. Tate might edge him out in the WR category, but its minimal at best. Edelman I think didn't look so great either. Ross I liked. And I think Ross has ST value both on coverage teams and KR/PR duty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Is there something wrong with hindu's? I happen to be a hindu...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]Is there something wrong with hindu's? I happen to be a hindu...
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

No.  They were kidding.  However, if we stay on topic, we'll all get along and have a great dialog.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Just because Tate didn't play, that doesn't indicate to me that he is in danger of not making of the team. For anyone that has played a competitive sport that involves a tryout process, you will be familiar with the fact that players who are "locks" often sit to allow players who are competing to play. 

I think Tate is on the team for sure. It's coming down to Edelman and Price, and after last night I'll put my money on Price.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Understand your take on Tate's chances, but there are plenty of Muslims and Hindus that may think your comments are a bit off the mark if not worse. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Lord knows they have been trying to get Price reps ... I think they are angling to make Edelman and/or Tate redundant monotaskers to save rosters spots by having Price recieve and return.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]9/11 was a mossad/cia collaboration, blamed on muslims to trigger a holy war and set up a police state here. look it up, and also ask yourself why every major media outlet is run by zionist israel-firsters. its not meritocracy, its a sophisticated cabal running the fed, the banks, the media, and owning pluralities of stock and board seats of the biggest corporations. 84 congressmen making paid junkets to colonial israel, while getting ready to cut grandma's social security that she paid into all her life. research the details of the american establishment, and the numerous israel and cia ties to the 9/11 terror attacks. a "catalyzing event, like a new pearl harbor" was needed to drag us into war in the mid east on israels behalf. google project for a new american century and check the membership. cheney, rumsfeld, wolfowitz, feith, perle, etc. i'll give my truck to a jewish lobbyist if you're actually smart and patriotic enough to research "dancing israelis, urban moving systems mossad" or "all the proof in the world". racism isnt cool, even if your jewish cabal media encourages antisemitism, as long as its against real semites and not pasty white euro wannabe semites. even dark skinned jews are prejudiced against in israel.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Okie-dokie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

somebody just went postal

[QUOTE]9/11 was a mossad/cia collaboration, blamed on muslims to trigger a holy war and set up a police state here. look it up, and also ask yourself why every major media outlet is run by zionist israel-firsters. its not meritocracy, its a sophisticated cabal running the fed, the banks, the media, and owning pluralities of stock and board seats of the biggest corporations. 84 congressmen making paid junkets to colonial israel, while getting ready to cut grandma's social security that she paid into all her life. research the details of the american establishment, and the numerous israel and cia ties to the 9/11 terror attacks. a "catalyzing event, like a new pearl harbor" was needed to drag us into war in the mid east on israels behalf. google project for a new american century and check the membership. cheney, rumsfeld, wolfowitz, feith, perle, etc. i'll give my truck to a jewish lobbyist if you're actually smart and patriotic enough to research "dancing israelis, urban moving systems mossad" or "all the proof in the world". racism isnt cool, even if your jewish cabal media encourages antisemitism, as long as its against real semites and not pasty white euro wannabe semites. even dark skinned jews are prejudiced against in israel.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Edleman did not impress at all at KR. I like him at PR when there is less time to think, but at KR he has too much time to thnk and goes nowhere.  Price is a better returner right now and not a starter so he could make Tate and Edleman expendable.  I think Slater is still ok, because he made a big play and still does work on special teams...

Wes
    Branch
    Ocho
    Price
    Slater
    Tate/Edleman = the next couple of games will decide who stays, but Edleman is not helping himself or tate for that matter being hurt...so dont be surprised if they keep the Ross kid,. cuz they are all 4th or 5th's anyway..the only guys seeing time will be top 4 and mainly the top 3, cuz we still have 2  dominant TE's remember..so not many 4 or 5 Wr sets anymore IMO..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I do believe that tate and edleman could be cut as well depending on how much stock  Bill puts in Slater as a special teamer. Like I said, we have 2 great TE's and a 3rd who has potential too. So I think they may only carry 5 WR's this year, cuz we need spots for lineman and backers...

Would you rather have Hernandez or Tate to throw too..??   Sorry but I think tate is gone, unless he can play on a few special teams besides kickoff returner

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

why are people saying slater offers more on special teams than edelmann and tate- both are potentially star returners

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]why are people saying slater offers more on special teams than edelmann and tate- both are potentially star returners
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

Well there is a difference between PR and KR. Right now because of return changes the KR doesn't have a lot of time to get up to speed. The KR position has changed and personally I'm not sure how effective Tate can be without having that time to get up to speed. This team also has a number of really good returners but outside White and Slater gunners are an area of weakness. Players had a lot of trouble wrapping up during kick offs but when they went down it looked like either Slater of White were involved. The kicking game is changing and imo Tate's role has been reduced because of it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

edelman makes it and excels whenever called upon, til he gets hurt. almost got hurt last night on a return, all flipped over in the air.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]why are people saying slater offers more on special teams than edelmann and tate- both are potentially star returners
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

main diff. is almost anyone w/speed and decent moves can retun kicks, but it takes someone special (hence the term special teams) to run down 100 miles an hour and smack right into someone else going 100 miles an hour.  Slater can return kicks too, albiet maybe not as well as tate, but his combined effect on special teams is much greater than Edleman and Tate combined.  Why do you think Slater has lasted this long?  He is valuble as a gunner on punts and plays defense on kickoff coverage as well and seeing as tho' Tate or edleman wont see much field this year...you go w/Slater...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

All I can say is there are a ton of teams out there hovering like gulls just waiting to feast on the players the Pats let go as roster cuts come....

I don't see Tate or Edelman being cut though....this is Branches last year & Edelman may be Welkers replacement if Welker demands too much on a new contract...

Butler/Whilhite/Faulk/Morris will all be gone.....not sure which d-linemen will get cut....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I hear ur points about Branch and Wes dmc, but I still think its a stretch to keep 6 WR's this year.  Their value just doesnt warrant it compared to the need to keep fresh D-lineman in the game in a 4-3.

Julian can be a Wes clone all he wants but he doesnt have near the amount of trust that Wes has w/Brady after those drops last year. When Wes is Healthy, Julian is a non-factor, IMO...He looked bad on Kickoff's yesterday too.  Tate is not healthy and everyday he is falling futher back and now that we have our 3rd WR in Ocho and the future in Price...what makes you think we need Tate when Branch leaves?  Do the math and you will see we just dont have enough spots this year to have redundant players like Tate AND Edleman this year.  Price looks better than both as returner and WR....so I just dont see it. Not to mention we have depth at TE and need to carry atleast 3 there too.  5 backs. 3 Qb's.  4 safeties.  5 maybe 6 CB's.  atleast 6 Backers. 10-12 lineman on defense. 7-10 offensive lineman.  Im counting around 58 good players w/out Tate and Edleman even in the picture,..so we shall see, but they def. are on the bubble...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I believe Tates gone. He had an opportunity to show he belonged and was barely even servicable last year getting basically nothing but single coverages and teams weren't putting even putting their best DB's on him. Slater or Edelman could get cut too since Woodhead and Hernandez also line up as wideouts. It is a numbers game.

25. This post has been removed.