Tate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Re: Tate

In Response to Re: Tate:
    [QUOTE]I believe Tates gone. He had an opportunity to show he belonged and was barely even servicable last year getting basically nothing but single coverages and teams weren't putting even putting their best DB's on him. Slater or Edelman could get cut too since Woodhead and Hernandez also line up as wideouts. It is a numbers game.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    Does BB share this opinion?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]All I can say is there are a ton of teams out there hovering like gulls just waiting to feast on the players the Pats let go as roster cuts come.... I don't see Tate or Edelman being cut though....this is Branches last year & Edelman may be Welkers replacement if Welker demands too much on a new contract... Butler/Whilhite/Faulk/Morris will all be gone.....not sure which d-linemen will get cut....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

That's a good point, but I don't think Edelman is Welker's replacement. He's not Wes Welker no matter how you skin it. We have cap room. We can pay to extend Welker. I would. One thing I don't want to have happen is Branch and Welker gone together, or the same year. I don't know how much mileage Branch has left. Anyone care to guess?

What I would like to see is Branch retire after this season, or we don't keep him. Replace him in the draft with Justin Blackmon. A lineup of CJ, Welker, Price and Blackmon is pretty nice. Blackmon is a nature #1, and could also take over for CJ when he goes.

Bottomline, I don't think too much about Tate nor Edelman. Both are decent players, but I don't think either are going to light it up like Price did last night. Slater has too much ST value, and we keep him. I also want to keep an extra Dlineman or two. Someone good has got to go. Tate and Edelman won't see the field much, so why not?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree Edelman is not and has never been Welker's replacement. It doesn't matter if his hair is grown out all cool (Brady like) or how often he has played footsies with Tommy...he can't catch a cold beyond ten yards and if he does there is a very real chance that he'll break something upon impact. Sorry to sound so negative, it's just I watched him again last night and (although it would of been a nice catch) he dropped another catchable ball that was on a route that was beyond ten yards.

I still think that you have to keep him for backup purposes and returns; so Tate is a no brainer to be let go in my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the 5 yard move up on kick off could potentially bring down tates value significantly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

Last season BB kept 6 WR and 5 RB.  There will be 3 QB this season and probably more DE or DL.  With that in mind, something has to give.  Definite WR = Ocho, Welker, and Branch.  To much invested in Price to cut him.  Edleman, Slater and Tate are on the bubble.  One WR might mysteriously end up on IR???  The new rules regarding kickoff could make Tate or Slater expendable.  I'm not ready to give up on any of these young WR yet.  If one has to go, Id regrettably say Slater. With the new kick off rules, Ghost will kick it through the end zone and there will be very little return opportunities, limiting Slater's need on ST. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]All I can say is there are a ton of teams out there hovering like gulls just waiting to feast on the players the Pats let go as roster cuts come.... I don't see Tate or Edelman being cut though....this is Branches last year & Edelman may be Welkers replacement if Welker demands too much on a new contract... Butler/Whilhite/Faulk/Morris will all be gone.....not sure which d-linemen will get cut....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

like your list - add tate, he will never be that receiver, edelman pup or gone?
    along with the dl guys(to pup) we have to cut but dont want to.
    2 way players, versatile players and d lineman will be at a high premium (with all the older guys we look like we'll carry on the line) and with petentially 4 good te's (who knows how many we will carry 2, 3 or even 4(crazy) due to their versatility)? we're stacked and will have to hide some guys in every nook and cranny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

it's off topic, but everything this person said is true - and i'm afraid a whole lot more as well. but i'm pretty sure no one here wants to hear about it. ask off list if i'm wrong. (lot less about israel, lot more about a group of very powerful men doing very sinister things to use the u.s. govt as their means to run (and steal from everyone) the world).

but again, no one here wants to hear that, so let's get back to tate getting cut; and who else wont make it?

in reponse to:
    "9/11 was a mossad/cia collaboration, blamed on muslims to trigger a holy war and set up a police state here. look it up, and also ask yourself why every major media outlet is run by zionist israel-firsters. its not meritocracy, its a sophisticated cabal running the fed, the banks, the media, and owning pluralities of stock and board seats of the biggest corporations. 84 congressmen making paid junkets to colonial israel, while getting ready to cut grandma's social security that she paid into all her life. research the details of the american establishment, and the numerous israel and cia ties to the 9/11 terror attacks. a "catalyzing event, like a new pearl harbor" was needed to drag us into war in the mid east on israels behalf. google project for a new american century and check the membership. cheney, rumsfeld, wolfowitz, feith, perle, etc. i'll give my truck to a jewish lobbyist if you're actually smart and patriotic enough to research "dancing israelis, urban moving systems mossad" or "all the proof in the world". racism isnt cool, even if your jewish cabal media encourages antisemitism, as long as its against real semites and not pasty white euro wannabe semites. even dark skinned jews are prejudiced against in israel.
    Posted by arodrambone"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

its a different topic, but what's your guess as to how long are we gonna keep hoyer? more he plays, higher the pick we can get for him. probnabaly be smart to wait till mallet could actually fill in for brady if need be? but would we carry 3 qb's into next year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

How about we wait and see how Tate performs when he gets in a few pre-season games?  He has talent and should have a chance to compete soon.  I think we are a bit quick to judgement here and I am not ready to anoint Taylor Price with a roster slot just yet off one exhibition v toothless Jags second and third string players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots WR Brandon Tate: “Working on everything I can to get better (to) make the team”

Patriots WR Brandon Tate made his debut on Saturday night after missing most of camp with a hamstring injury. And while he was gone, Tate watched a suddenly deep receiver group move ahead of him.

No wonder he said, “It felt good to get back out there, man.”

In fact, it could happen that after being the starting kick returner and third receiver last year, Tate is out of a job when cuts are made. And that’s quite a turnaround. After he caught three passes for 41 yards in the loss to the Lions, I asked him what he’s working on.

Focusing on just trying to get better,” Tate told me, “working on everything I can to get better (to) make the team, stay on the team.”

Immediately, he went right to making the team. That was pretty telling. While it’s on all of our minds, it’s obviously on his mind, too. With the Patriots using so many two receiver sets (thanks to two stellar tight ends) and with the decreased emphasis on kickoffs with the new rules, Tate could be on the outside looking in.

Tate, who was the lead to my notebook today, said he wasn’t nervous about his hamstring and wondering if he’d ever make it back. “It’s just I just wanted to get out there and play ball man, that’s about it,” he said.

As for the competition, let’s just say Tate is aware. I noted how stiff things are in the group, and he laughed. Like, duh.

It’s football, man,” Tate said. “It’s fun. To me, competition is fun. I like to go out there and compete.”

Tate used to have a leg up on the competition because of his ability to return kicks. Now, it’s getting tougher, and he averaged just 13.5 yards per return Saturday. But he said it was about what it usually was, new rules and all.

It was about the same how it usually is, I thought so,” he said. “In college it was like that, right? It’s football, so whatever rule they change, we’re going to have to adjust to it. It ain’t no big factor.”

His situation should be interesting to watch

(Ian Rapport Boston Herald)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Yeah, you guys are toast during the next mass extinction event, there won't be enough  life forms left you guys to reincarnate into.

[QUOTE]Is there something wrong with hindu's? I happen to be a hindu...
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]