Tavon Austin and EJ Manuel

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Re: Tavon Austin and EJ Manuel

Didn't these two score at the bottom of the Wonderlic test?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Both blabbering about he specific teams want them:

"Jets have a plan for me." - Tavon Austin

"Eagles want me pretty bad." - EJ Manuel

Can you imagine if this was the Pats with 1st rd picks mentioning anything BB discussed with them?

What a couple of morons. These idiots don't realize that they're under a microscope from the day their bowl game ends right through the combine.

Did these guys actually say these things? If so, I could see the problem. For example, if Austin's comments are true, then he is telling all the teams that the Jets want him. If there is a team that is in love with him (other than the Jets), this may incentivize that team to trade up in front of the Jets to grab him. 

Not that i'd feel bad for the Jets, but that would be practically screwing them over.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Totally agree. Either the teams bringing them in are morons, or the players themselves are. Either way I'd be totally shocked to have this type of stuff be associated with the Patriots. I'm sure we tell players that everything being discussed in interviews is NOT to be repeated.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Increase market? Hardly.

A sign of immaturity? Barely.

How'd BB's very public, much talked about north end dinner with Tebow go? Was that immature on BB's part?

1) The teams may have encouraged the kids to talk one way or another. Why? Remember the Pats rumored to be interested in Gholston? What happened? Made the Jets WAY overpay.

2) Maybe, I don't know, a reporter actually did a good job, and got a kid to answer something through a good line of questioning? Unfathomable.

To me, it's a total non-story. Information, misinformation, cloak and dagger, deep throat, bait and switch...and on and on.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

A bunch of prospects say stuff like this. Its not a big deal. If anything its to increase their market.

Disagree.  There is detail in these comments.  Jets are now announcing they want speed and playmaker on offense with one of their 1st rders.

It has nothing to do whatsoever with those comments "increasing their market".  If anything, it shows they can't keep their mouths shut.

Major red flag in my book.

I think youre putting too much stock into it. Its not a big deal. Its not like whichever team they go to, theyre gonna tell the media all the teams secrets.

You're not getting it.  Their comments are a representation of lack of maturity. 

No i get it i just dont think its a big deal. These guys are about to experience one of their most exciting moments in life! Theyre just saying whatever. I dont agree that it represents their lack of maturity.

So speaking to the media reagarding private conversations would not be something you think BB would frown upon?

What's funny to me is, the Jets are infamous for seeking immature morons and now they've clearly told Austin he's their guy if he's there at 9, which compromises their posiiton in Rd 1 in terms of potential maneuvering.

Like I said, you don't get it.

But its not about a conversation he had with BB. IMO i think hes trying increase his market. Hes probably hoping someone jumps up and takes him before the Jets can. You see it as "immature", i see it as business smart.

Dude, this is 22 year old kid who just scored a 7 on the Wonderlic. Trust me when I tell you that he doesn't have the first clue about "increasing his market".

I will laugh my balls off if the Jets pick him and then don't trade the other pick out from the 1st rd.

He has an agent, im positive he knows how to do it. Otherwise he should fire his agent for being an idiot. Anyways i wouldnt want the Jets to pick him, kids gonna be a beast.

Trust me when I tell you I've seen him play multiple times and he's left me very unimpressed.  He was good at the college level, sure, but he doesn't have the NFL skillset.  Book it.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts