Tavon Wilson is a Player!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player!

Maybe Tavon will blow, I don't know. Every year 10-15 first rounders turn out to be nothing special despite hundreds of scouts coming to the supposedly independent conclusion that they will be awesome. Another 10 or 15 late rounders or undrafted guys become great with the same experts independently deciding they aren't good. Sure, they are right more than wrong generally speaking, first rounders have a better success rate than later picks. But I think that if you made these guys send in their scouting reports without seeing anyone else's, they would be all over the place. I think they just look at what everyone else says and go, oh they think he's a first rounder and I don't like him so I'll say second rounder or I'll look really stupid if I say 7th round. And vice versa, nobody ever looks at a guy with a 7th round grade and says he a first rounder, they might move him up one round in their reports. And you could say they are always so close because they just have this science to the job that lets them be that accurate but that doesn't explain how they are collectively wrong on so many players. How is it not a single scout or expert differed in the opinion that Jared Allen was a late round pick, not one guy said "hey these guys are all wrong, he's early round material.". Or Wes Welker, or Brady, or Kurt Warner or Foster, and on and on. And this year like every year, 10 or 15 guys who should have been later rounders or undrafted will get picked in the first and of the hundreds of independent scouts, not one will have said this guy has 7th round talent. I think all these scouts just copy each other, rearrange people a tiny bit, and send out their report. There is a bit of comfort in a pick that everyone agrees will be great, but at least BB and his scouts seem to be doing truly independent scouting instead of just following the same reports as everyone else and making the same mistakes every year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think I'm on Tavon Wilson overload.  The guy can either play in the NFL or he can't; he will either be a good player, an average one or a bust.  I rarely agree with Jints but I think he was right when he posted that Wilson has got to be the most talked about 48th pick in draft history.

All of this because BB picked someone who none of the 'draft experts' had pegged this high in the draft.

BB marches to the beat of his own drummer; alert CNN.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player!:
    [QUOTE]All of this because BB picked someone who none of the 'draft experts' had pegged this high in the draft. BB marches to the beat of his own drummer; alert CNN.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

No. All this because BB used the 48th overall pick on a guy whose body of work in college doesn't come close to meriting a mid-second round selection.

In Wilson's favor, he volunteered to play out of position at CB last season...has decent size and speed...plays special teams...and appears to be a good tackler and blitzer. His short suit has been in pass coverage.

In other words, Wilson is a 3rd rate CB who BB reached for at #48, in hopes of coaching him up, and manufacturing him into a FS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]Wilson is a 3rd rate CB who BB reached for at #48, in hopes of coaching him up, and manufacturing him into a FS.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I know, you've come to this conclusion based on your extensive scouting system, in depth film study and reaching out to your far-reaching network of NFL and college contacts.  Got it.

TP, no disrespect, but trust me when I say that I'll take BB's assessment of a player's potential over yours 100 times out of 100.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : I know, you've come to this conclusion based on your extensive scouting system, in depth film study and reaching out to your far-reaching network of NFL and college contacts.  Got it. TP, no disrespect, but trust me when I say that I'll take BB's assessment of a player's potential over yours 100 times out of 100.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

No disrespect??? LOL!!! Sorry ATJ, but I can no longer merely rubber stamp everything BB does, when it comes to selecting players in the draft. He's had far too many misses from 2006-10, despite his "extensive scouting system, in depth film study, and reaching out to his his many NFL and collegiate contacts".

Enjoy your koolaid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! :      Sorry...but I didn't see any evidence in that video showing that Wilson could cover. Please eloborate as to what you saw that convinced you that he can. He appeared to be beaten on just about every pass play thrown in his direction...especially on plays involving the TE or slot receiver.

really? didn't the guy play a year at cornerback??

honestly never saw him. mea culpa on the assumption then

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : I know, you've come to this conclusion based on your extensive scouting system, in depth film study and reaching out to your far-reaching network of NFL and college contacts.  Got it. TP, no disrespect, but trust me when I say that I'll take BB's assessment of a player's potential over yours 100 times out of 100.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

re dbs and wrs you might be better with tex's or any other of the better evaluators out here. :) and i'm only slightly joking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! :      No disrespect??? LOL!!! Sorry ATJ, but I can no longer merely rubber stamp everything BB does, when it comes to selecting players in the draft. He's had far too many misses from 2006-10, despite his "extensive scouting system, in depth film study, and reaching out to his his many NFL and collegiate contacts".      Enjoy your koolaid.

There was no disrespect intended - simply straightforward commentary.  As a fan and poster you can second guess BB all you wish - it's your prerogative.  You express your opinion; I express mine.  It's the American way. 

Seriously, you've seen how much of this guy?  Some highlight film?  You've read what others have said; how many of them are in the business?  Trust me when I tell you that the same truth applies in every profession:  it's really easy to talk about it; it's another matter to actually do it.

Kool aid drinker?  Perhaps but I'll take the knowledge of a proven professional every time over that of an amateur, albeit a well informed one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I am in no way comparing Wilson to Asante Samuel, but doesn't he sort of look like Samuel in terms of size and style?   He has pretty good closing speed and his leap is pretty good.

I have no real comment other than that.  I don't watch Illinois football, but BB had to have something in mind with this pick.  I keep hearing the word versatility with this pick and the Dennard pick and I agree that it's something BB wants.  It's not just the passing game that is driving picks like this in hopes of hitting on a quality DB, but the idea that you can save a roster spot if you have a guy you can move around in the defensive backfield.

The competition on defense this year should be outstanding.  A far cry from 2008 with Fernando Bryant and Lewis Sanders. lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : Hahahaha! Let's not forget your fondness for hugging goats and you are often bashed on these boards by Rusty.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

What? I bash Shenanigan?  When did this happen?  My, do I dislike liars.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

As opposed to Kyle Wilson, Ducasse, Kenrick Ellis, Joe McKnight and all the others who do next to nothing with a supposed SB bound team?  lmao

Do you think Kenrick Ellis will be the future NT of the team?  lol

How is Dustin Keller doing these days? Is he as irrelevant as he's always been in a Jets uniform? Gee, it's a good thing you traded up for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Wow!  Joe McKnight led the NFL in kick returns?  Wow!  Was this before or after the Jets would line up and trip people on the sidelines?

Tell us, Mangionerube, who drafts a nickelback in the 1st rd of the deepest draft in decades, or just at all?

Name one NFL team who drafts a CB in the 1st rd with a ceiling of a nickelback.

Do it. Name 1 NFL team.

Who trades up for average players, is the question.  Dustin Keller can't even hold Aaron Hernandez's jock let alone hope to be mentioned in the same breath as Gronk.

Your moron GM traded up for Keller.   LOL!!

Enjoy the aftereffects of blunder after blunder.  Who is your RT this year?  Do you think Tebow can play OL as well?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : Joe McNight - 4th round pick leading the NFL in kick returns, just another bust.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have a guy that averages less yards and doesn't put the ball on the ground.  Also it's pretty sad that you consistently misspell the name of a player on your own team.

[QUOTE] Wilson?  One of the lowest passer ratings against any DB in the NFL? Posted by JetMangione [/QUOTE]

Source?  Considering he was in the bottom of the league in completion % against that is unlikely.

[QUOTE] Ellis?  Well, it may be a little while before he is able to get past Pouha (same production as Wilfork for 1/3 of the money)  Who pays an NT 9mil a year anyway? Posted by JetMangione [/QUOTE]

We've been over this already.  Pouha was still on a contract he signed when he was a total scrub so comparing his salary to VW's was stupid anyways.  His new contract is for like 60% of VW's salary.  In addition VW plays a hell of a lot more than Pouha since he isn't completely useless against the pass.  VW played almost 90% of the defensive snaps last year while Pouha played in the mid 50's.  Of course now you'll just quote the number of sacks they got as if sacks are the best pay to measure a NT's impact on the pass rush.  The fact that he doesn't get subbed out speaks for itself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Of course Mangione won't respond to any of this and he'll keep regurgitating his tired talking points until the Pats spank New Jersey and he will mysteriously disappear.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

It's hilarious watching him squirm.  He just compared Pouha to Wilfork and then simultaneously spelled his superstar kick returner's name wrong, alongside praising his bust 1st rd nickelback entering his 3rd season as a benchwarmer.

Hilarious stuff.

He won't be laughing when the Jets finish in dead last place behind Miami with a 6-10 record.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Of course Mangione won't respond to any of this and he'll keep regurgitating his tired talking points until the Pats spank New Jersey and he will mysteriously disappear.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Or, he'll tweak is board persona, sign in as Bustchise and then follow me around with that name for a while, chiming in on every single Jets related thread. Even if it's nowhere near a Jets related thread, he'll make it one to be able to troll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Or just the idea that NE swtiched from a 3-4 base to a 4-3 base and a constant shifting of younger or new personnel around Wilfork the last 2 years made it harder on Wilfork than it did Pouha.

So, I suppose when the NFL ranks the best NTs, Pouha ranks above Wlfork and Ngata, right?  lol

Yes, the NFL ranks Pouha alongside or above Wilfork.  You really get a lot of people to go along with you there. How many INTs did Pouha have last year?

I'd suggest you seek help in the same session as Underpants, but I don't think it would help you.

You're such a homer it's uncomfortable for everyone to see here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : Really?  Are you really back on the nickle back train?  A top passing defense with CB depth that plays man defense vs a bottom passing defense that plays zone and you choose the guy that gets burned?  You just can't make this stuff up.

Yeah, right. Your team plays "man" defense so well their D was worse than NE's in points allowed last year.

You do make stuff up, in every post you make, actually.

How did Revis look out of halftime in zone when Welker blasted past him?  lol

Wow!  What a defense!  Where do we sign up to get some of your overpaid and overrated players?!

Antonio "I can only cover deep routes" Cromartie at 8 million per year with no SB appearances (still) hides your 1st rd bust in Wilson and you pretend it's a benefit.

That's super duper NY/NJ person logic!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

You're seriously the only moron who watches the NFL that thinks Pouha is in Wilfork's league. The only moron.

Congrats!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

BJ Raji is quite a good NT and he plays for GB, a D that finished "ranked" 32nd. I suppose Pouha is as good as Raji now too, right?

How many times were you dropped on your head as a child? Was this in between your mom taking hits off the pipe or not?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : You want to know about my and Tebows sexx life?  You are one creepy dude.  Can't you play with your dolls?

No, we don't know want to know about your sex life, because you don't have one. We would like to know your reaction, however, when you and Tebow touch your first woman.  Or man, in your case.

Maybe we'll buy you a beer and congratulate you for ending the longest tenure on planet earth as a virgin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

WIlfork signed an 40 million 5 year extension in 2009 which is 8 per year.
    Pouha signed a 15 million 3 year extension this offseason which is 5 per year.
    Mangione can't do basic arithmetic.  Sad really.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : Right?  Who trades up for a starting TE?  Who wants a TE that can only 65 passes in a "run first" offense?   You're getting confused.  Sal Alosi's trip was in 2010, the year that the patsies had the biggest choke in NFL playoff history.  McKnight leading hte NFL in KR was last year, 2011, the year the patsies choked against a 9-7 team after being handed the two previous games.   Does that help?

How does a team with the best KR and a top rated D LOSE to all The Pat's play-off contenders and lose to the Pats TWICE?
    Speaking of choke.  The bestest D could only win 8 games against bottom dwellers after their coach vowed to win the SB.  Hilarious!!!
    Still waiting for the proof of your claim that the jest have more total probowlers than the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts