Tavon Wilson is a Player!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player!

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player!:
    WIlfork signed an 40 million 5 year extension in 2009 which is 8 per year. Pouha signed a 15 million 3 year extension this offseason which is 5 per year. Mangione can't do basic arithmetic.  Sad really.
    Posted by pcmIV

That's par for the course for the typical Jets' fan...LOL!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : really? didn't the guy play a year at cornerback?? honestly never saw him. mea culpa on the assumption then
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Yes, Tavon played CB. But, so did Duane Starks...remember him? Just because a guy plays CB doesn't mean that he can cover.

To his credit, Wilson played CB, since his team had a dire need at that position. So...he was a FS, who was playing out of position. I'm sure that BB took that into consideration when judging him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : Yaaaaaaawn. Pouha 2012 2.1 mil Wilfork 2012 8.6 mil I guess you have to pay for all that extra production that Wilfork gets you.
    Posted by JetMangione

Rofl okay wonderboy.  You were talking about how much Wilfork gets paid a year not how much he gets paid in a specific year.  You cannot come up with one uniform number unless you take the average amount of the life of the contract since NFL contracts are rarely spread out evenly over the life of the deal.  No matter how much the money is spread out at the end of the day Wilfork's extension averages 8 million per year and Pouha's averages 5 million.  Keep trying though.  Really.  Seeing you attempt to defeat the laws of arithmetic is pretty sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

But seriously the fact that the Wilfork has made more pro bowls, more all-pro teams and is ranked higher by his peers than Pouha apparently isn't enough evidence for you that he is a superior player.  It's a conspiracy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : There was no disrespect intended - simply straightforward commentary.  As a fan and poster you can second guess BB all you wish - it's your prerogative.  You express your opinion; I express mine.  It's the American way.  Seriously, you've seen how much of this guy?  Some highlight film?  You've read what others have said; how many of them are in the business?  Trust me when I tell you that the same truth applies in every profession:  it's really easy to talk about it; it's another matter to actually do it. Kool aid drinker?  Perhaps but I'll take the knowledge of a proven professional every time over that of an amateur, albeit a well informed one.
    Posted by ATJ

I sincerely hope you're right my friend about BB being right, and me and seemingly the rest of the world being wrong about Wilson. But, after the Terrence Wheatleys and Darius Butlers he's selected since 2006, I don't have the same amount of confidence in his judgment selecting players, as I do regarding all other football decisions that he makes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : So, what you're saying is that when the patsies have to cut players next year to figure out Wilfork's 10 mil cap hit and Brady's 22 mil cap hit, they could just use the "average" instead?
    Posted by JetMangione

No. I'm saying when you are going to compare how much two players are getting paid it makes more sense to look at the average.  Nice backpedal though.  Aren't you the one that was whining when people were saying that Revis and Sanchez were getting paid x amount because they were focusing on the peak cap hit of the contract?  More Jets homer spin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : Not at all.  Some moron (you? Rusty? Same?)was whining about Revis getting paid 25 mil. This was neither his average or his cap hit. Then some other (or maybe the same) was claiming that Brady took a pay cut and only got 8 mil this year, when al he really did was move it to get 22 mil in 2013 and again in 2014. So, yeah, the average doesn't matter.  It's all about the cap hit.  Like the 15 mil in dead cap hit money you have this year for TBC, Bodden, Kaczur, Butler, plus about 20 more.
    Posted by JetMangione

I could go dig up the posts you had whining about using Sanchez's 17 million cap hit last year because that was the peak hit, but I won't bother.  You've probably gone back and deleted them already.  You have no credibility whatsoever.  You are the master of spin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : No. I'm saying when you are going to compare how much two players are getting paid it makes more sense to look at the average.  Nice backpedal though.  Aren't you the one that was whining when people were saying that Revis and Sanchez were getting paid x amount because they were focusing on the peak cap hit of the contract?  More Jets homer spin.
    Posted by pcmIV

He's a legendary homer.   A homer deluxe who now owns a Tebow jersey.  I would be incensed if I was a Jets fan, but they all apparently enjoy being the laughingstock of the NFL and the butt of so many jokes.

Mangione apparently enjoys knowing his team will never be winning a SB anytime in the near or likely distant future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson is a Player! : Wilfork is a better player.  He just doesn't put up better numbers and gets paid 3 X as much money.  If you wanted an overpriced NT on a bad run D, Wilfork is you guy.
    Posted by JetMangione

if you want to use production argument i will say arrington had more interceptions that revis did and isn't getting paid anywhere near what revis is getting for one game for his yearly salary.  Does that make arrington a better player?  no. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Tavon Wilson is a Player!:
    I played division 1 college football (inside backer).... I just watched film on Wilson for the 1st time. This guy is a player. He's always around the ball and can play the run or pass and blitz. He has excellent on field speed. He's tough, hard nosed and will be a safety in this league for a long time imo. I can see his football intelligence by the way he plays. He's a BB type of player.....I'm pumped to see him play along side chung... This is going to be a very special defense...
    Posted by floridamike

Wilson is a player. That doesn't mean he's a good player.

Wilson has played both Safety and CB. He's stuggled in both spots. 

Wilson was a reach and is just the latest example of why coaches should not be GMs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Impressive the way he covers the whole field. 

More impressive (to me anyway) is how BB sees such potential in players like this that fly under the radar. So to speak. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Interesting how some of the Patriots draft picks on communicating on Twitter...Hopefully they do not make any stupid comments

Hightower and Jones are on there...

Talk To My Dude  the other Day bless to be playing with an Awesome Person on the Field and Off the Field FOLLOW HIM PATSNATION

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Interesting how some of the Patriots draft picks on communicating on Twitter...Hopefully they do not make any stupid comments Hightower and Jones are on there... Alfonzo Dennard   ‏   @ FonzieDennard15 Talk To My Dude  @ TavonWilson3  the other Day bless to be playing with an Awesome Person on the Field and Off the Field FOLLOW HIM PATSNATION
    Posted by Rocky

http://www.tweeting-athletes.com/index.cfm?CatID=72
    According to this website, there are 41 Patriots Players on Twitter.

Sections
Shortcuts