Tavon Wilson S

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Tavon Wilson S

In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson S:
    [QUOTE]Tavon Wilson may be a great unknown pick like Matthew Slater.  But since he is flying so much under the radar, why not pick him at the 90th or 163rd spot instead of using the 48th pick? That would make BB looking like the genius and get another steal.
    Posted by nomadfan[/QUOTE]

exactly... sometimes the crowd is wise. when they're not, take advantage

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon BB ...this was a rookie Gm move not worthy of you . Hopefully you were wearing a clown suit with a big rubber nose when you made this pick. Maybe Wilson is the real deal...but WHO CARES ? NOBODY was spending a 2nd on him ...  Trade back  , get an extra pick and get him where -F'in - ever .  PFFFT .
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson S : but isn't that against the idea of not falling in love with a player? 
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
    Not really.  If you feel he's the best available, and you think he may be gone by your next pick... you draft him.  Again, it only takes 1 other team liking him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Why don't we watch the guy play, then make an informed judgement.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Who was a 5th round safety? Rodney Harrison. Don't knowmWilson, but if BB drafted him in the second round he did for good reason. Do all these experts in here wish BB would just use espn rankings and select players accordingly? This ain't fantasy football folks.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson S : How 'bout this ma6dragon ...  There must be 10,000 or so NFL Mock Draft Sites or so...  Find me the 1 where Tavon Wilson is ranked inside The Top 200 Draftable Prospects. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Show me one mock draft connected to any actual NFL team.

That's my point. Nobody outside of the teams know what the Pats board looks like, or any other of the 31 NFL teams.

Mock drafts have about as much bearing on the NFL draft as fantasy sports do when thinking about puting together a good team. And I say that as an avid fantasy sports player. Plenty of guys would, and do, make FANTASTIC real life football players and never be on anyone's fantasy team.

Unless some other team comes out and says "we really wanted him and we were only X picks away" we'll never know. In fact, no NAMED source will ever reveal where their team had him. I'm sure Boston scribes will print plenty of "unnamed NFL source"s who will say this was a terrible pick...but unnammed sources are totally worthless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from peterok. Show peterok's posts

Tebucky Jones, Jr.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson S :      Just found this: http://www.kffl.com/player/26335/nfl/tavon-wilson
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

there you go.
    we took him becaue we believed teh ravens fake interest in him.
    they got us bakc fro stealing donta

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

I hear what you are saying. seems like a head scratcher to me, however, i have a limited view breaking down these players. I feel most people review a hundred mock drafts assign value based on those mocks and then act like experts.  bb knows what he is doing.

having said all that, i recognize part of the fun of being a fan is having an opinion. even if that opinion is based on very little.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson S :      Volmer had great physical tools...6'8", 315 pounds, and quick on his feet. The Dallas Cowboys were ready to take him in the 3rd round of the 2009 draft. So...BB pulled the trigger.      What great characteristics does Wilson have? He's not real fast, not real big, and wasn't very productive at Illinois. Just a solid starter on an average college team. Does that sound like mid-2nd round material to anyone?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Tebucky Jones, Jr.
    Posted by peterok[/QUOTE]

I take that as a compliment!

I think if Tebucky got drafted to a BB team, he'd have been better than the clown show coaching staff running things when he came aboard.

All in all, I liked Tebucky.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I still think Jones would've been a great one if they had kept him at press corner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

This must be far too complicated for some of you folks:  No, past precedent of individual players doesn't work here- i.e. Rodney Harrison=5th Rder.

This IS every bit about maximizing your profits, given what you have to work with as stock.  Mid 2nd Rder-  Player by ZERO consensus ANY-where, is ranked below the 200th Best Player (maybe someone can find him in the high 190's range...go for it).

IF consensus rankings are 100% meaningless....thennnn, why is there such little deviation from the 1000's of seperate lists of ordered rankings of guys?  Huh?  

Here's the answer-  ANSWER: Because the guy working part-time at McDonald's while playing for Safety for Asnuntuck Community College, is usually not as good as Mark Barron at Alabama.  

Sometimes everyone's wrong and 1 guy is right...buuuut most often, not EVERY-one is wrong with the 1 guy being the sole correct person.  I mean, IF we are playing common-f#c-k#ng sense odds here.

But hey- Say you ARE right-  Maybe the 225th best player is REALLY and TRULLY MUCH better than his 200+ ranking by 1000's and 1000's of people at Safety...  How much better is the question.  Do ya think heeee's the 48th Best Player?  Do you think that maybe, even IF you feel that he's the 48th best player, Maybe there's a shot at getting him in the 70's...80's...90's range?  Maybe, just maybe, you can get this AWESOME guy, Plus something else TOO (huh...crazy idea, right?)? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The only thing that doesn't make sense is coupling this pick with the trade of teh other 2d rd pick.  They picked up a 3rd and a 5th.

It seems like that 3d or 5th could have gotten this same player.

Pats usually plan better than that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson S :      Volmer had great physical tools...6'8", 315 pounds, and quick on his feet. The Dallas Cowboys were ready to take him in the 3rd round of the 2009 draft. So...BB pulled the trigger.      What great characteristics does Wilson have? He's not real fast, not real big, and wasn't very productive at Illinois. Just a solid starter on an average college team. Does that sound like mid-2nd round material to anyone?

with about 50 players available who would have been an impact on our team now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Tavon Wilson Conference Call

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/audio/Tavon-Wilson-Conference-Call---4272012/c1d74f12-cdb6-4316-af53-84a202dd9b06

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]This must be far too complicated for some of you folks:  No, past precedent of individual players doesn't work here- i.e. Rodney Harrison=5th Rder. This IS every bit about maximizing your profits, given what you have to work with as stock.  Mid 2nd Rder-  Player by ZERO consensus ANY-where, is ranked below the 200th Best Player (maybe someone can find him in the high 190's range...go for it). IF consensus rankings are 100% meaningless....thennnn, why is there such little deviation from the 1000's of seperate lists of ordered rankings of guys?  Huh?   Here's the answer-  ANSWER: Because the guy working part-time at McDonald's while playing for Safety for Asnuntuck Community College, is usually not as good as Mark Barron at Alabama.   Sometimes everyone's wrong and 1 guy is right...buuuut most often, not EVERY-one is wrong with the 1 guy being the sole correct person.  I mean, IF we are playing common-f#c-k#ng sense odds here. But hey- Say you ARE right-  Maybe the 225th best player is REALLY and TRULLY MUCH better than his 200+ ranking by 1000's and 1000's of people at Safety...  How much better is the question.  Do ya think heeee's the 48th Best Player?  Do you think that maybe, even IF you feel that he's the 48th best player, Maybe there's a shot at getting him in the 70's...80's...90's range?  Maybe, just maybe, you can get this AWESOME guy, Plus something else TOO (huh...crazy idea, right?)? 
    This point is apparently too complicated for YOU to understand; if BB gets wind that ONE other team likes this kid as much as he does... and BB thinks he's the best available at 48... then he takes him!  It doesn't matter that 30 other teams and 200 mock drafts think the kid should be undrafted.  It takes ONE other team who sees the same thing BB does.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wow, the collective sub conscious of this board is "Sybil" like...

Sorry I didn't make it back sooner, I actually have a job believe it or not. 

Looking at Tavon Wilson I see James Sanders with a little more upside, I see a good special teams guy, A Steve Gregory type. Not everyone can be the star, you need role players who accept their role and play it to the fullest.  

Also it doesn't always matter at safety how your measurable's stack up against others, not as much as possessing the instinct to be in the right place and lay down the lumber.  Rodney Harrison was never a great athlete, was never fast.

One trait Belichick puts a lot of stock into is team captain, this guy was that for the fighting Illini.

Step off the ledge...

Sorry I meant to say step away from the edge.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to "Re: Tavon Wilson S": [QUOTE]The only thing that doesn't make sense is coupling this pick with the trade of teh other 2d rd pick.  They picked up a 3rd and a 5th. It seems like that 3d or 5th could have gotten this same player. Pats usually plan better than that. Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE] Obviously bb did not think he would be there and he wanted him enough to use the 2nd round pick

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

[QUOTE]This must be far too complicated for some of you folks:  No, past precedent of individual players doesn't work here- i.e. Rodney Harrison=5th Rder. This IS every bit about maximizing your profits, given what you have to work with as stock.  Mid 2nd Rder-  Player by ZERO consensus ANY-where, is ranked below the 200th Best Player (maybe someone can find him in the high 190's range...go for it). IF consensus rankings are 100% meaningless....thennnn, why is there such little deviation from the 1000's of seperate lists of ordered rankings of guys?  Huh?   Here's the answer-  ANSWER: Because the guy working part-time at McDonald's while playing for Safety for Asnuntuck Community College, is usually not as good as Mark Barron at Alabama.   Sometimes everyone's wrong and 1 guy is right...buuuut most often, not EVERY-one is wrong with the 1 guy being the sole correct person.  I mean, IF we are playing common-f#c-k#ng sense odds here. But hey- Say you ARE right-  Maybe the 225th best player is REALLY and TRULLY MUCH better than his 200+ ranking by 1000's and 1000's of people at Safety...  How much better is the question.  Do ya think heeee's the 48th Best Player?  Do you think that maybe, even IF you feel that he's the 48th best player, Maybe there's a shot at getting him in the 70's...80's...90's range?  Maybe, just maybe, you can get this AWESOME guy, Plus something else TOO (huh...crazy idea, right?)? 

If bb wanted the guy and had reason to believe a team would pick him shortly after the slotted pick (if you trade back), you need to take him. maybe bb is way off, but the 10 or so mock drafts out there that everyone cites as their research means nothing if another nfl team is going to take your guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

chad jackson
    terrence wheatley
    darius butler
    tavon wilson
    all second round picks

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

brandon thompson at 90?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tavon Wilson S : Show me one mock draft connected to any actual NFL team. That's my point. Nobody outside of the teams know what the Pats board looks like, or any other of the 31 NFL teams. Mock drafts have about as much bearing on the NFL draft as fantasy sports do when thinking about puting together a good team. And I say that as an avid fantasy sports player. Plenty of guys would, and do, make FANTASTIC real life football players and never be on anyone's fantasy team. Unless some other team comes out and says "we really wanted him and we were only X picks away" we'll never know. In fact, no NAMED source will ever reveal where their team had him. I'm sure Boston scribes will print plenty of "unnamed NFL source"s who will say this was a terrible pick...but unnammed sources are totally worthless.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Although true at the same note most players are taken within 50 picks of where the consenses mocks put them. So while you do have a valid point Wilson was picked over a full 150 higher then where most people (including former GM's and former scouts) had him slated so in a way Laz is right

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]brandon thompson at 90?
    Posted by fl+adam,[/QUOTE]
    I've had my eye on him since 48.

Sections
Shortcuts