Tavon Wilson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Tavon Wilson

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The dreadful play of Steven Gregory got me thinking of the second round draft bust Tavon Wilson (did we really draft this guy in the second?).

The trickle down effect of our safety position reads like a comedy...we sign Gregory, then draft Tavon because it took all of ten minutes to realize Gregory wasn't any good, then we sign A. Wilson because T. Wilson shows he's going to be a bust, then we draft Harmon with the thought that A. Wilson might not have much left in the tank (when in reality he had nothing in the tank). Then there was Chung, our other second round safety bust who couldn't cover or tackle anyone without dislocating some part of his body and looked like he needed to eat a sandwich. And of course we moved our first round corner - who couldn't play corner - to safety where we are learning that he cannot tackle and do things a safety can do. So what does this mean? It means we wasted a lot of resources and will have to waste some more. It means that although our corners are holding up ok our safeties stink...again.

In my opinion the tackling of that bunch today was horrendous and no better than it's ever been. How long is this going to go on? How many more resources are going to be wasted before we find guys that can play safety? By my count we have dumped two 2nds, a first, a third and somewhere around 9 million in free agent money on that spot recently. Which I guess is better than 94 million in free agent contract money on our tightend position (Gronk, Hern, Schiancoe, fells, Ballard)....these things add up...these things kill franchises...most GMs get fired for this stuff, right or wrong.

Thank god we have Brady and Belichick the coach to get us into the playoffs where some team will punch us in the face...at home...like last year.

[/QUOTE]

Remember all the heat I took from the Homers when I blasted BB for using the 48th overall pick in the 2012 draft on Wilson? Speaking of Wilson, remember the heat I took for my criticisms of BB for signing worthless has-been free agent, Adrian Wilson? Geez!! 

[/QUOTE]

I do remember that and that's the problem around here...you can't speak your mind and criticize when criticism is due.

Listen I know we win lots of regular season games, I just think there has been too many mistakes to do anything more. And it's a shame because we have the best coach and QB in the NFL...it bothers me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank god we have Brady and Belichick the coach to get us into the playoffs where some team will punch us in the face...at home...like last year.

[/QUOTE]

Remember all the heat I took from the Homers when I blasted BB for using the 48th overall pick in the 2012 draft on Wilson? Speaking of Wilson, remember the heat I took for my criticisms of BB for signing worthless has-been free agent, Adrian Wilson? Geez!! 

[/QUOTE]

I do remember that and that's the problem around here...you can't speak your mind and criticize when criticism is due.

Listen I know we win lots of regular season games, I just think there has been too many mistakes to do anything more. And it's a shame because we have the best coach and QB in the NFL...it bothers me.

[/QUOTE]

All of those wasted high draft choices since 2006 and poor free agency signings over the past few years are taking their toll. This past off-season might have been the worst that the Patriots have had in the BB era.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All of those wasted high draft choices since 2006 and poor free agency signings over the past few years are taking their toll. This past off-season might have been the worst that the Patriots have had in the BB era.

[/QUOTE]

I agree about this offseason and truthfully I didn't think we could get any worse than last's, but we did. These are the things that are killing us...the mistakes, you can handle some/absorb some, but when it's over and over and over again, you can't. We went into the season with all of our eggs in the basket of two defensive tackles that were 32 plus years old...not good. For the life of me I can't understand why we couldn't of signed another guy...why we couldn't of drafted one. The lack of inside push kills us. Albert Haynesworth, Shaun Ellis, Fenene...all busts. Now you can add Armstead and Kelly (and I know Kelly played well, but it was for four games). Not good enough, nowhere near it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You took heat because you were criticizing the pick before he even hit the field and you were spamming the board with threads about it.  I said from the beginning that I would wait to call a spade a spade and now I can say more confidently that Tavon (barring some sort of miracle) was a bad pick.  I thought homers weren't capable of admitting when BB makes a bad pick?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I feel bad for Tavon. It's actually not his fault. He was a projected 7th rounder or an undrafted FA. Most guys taken there are bench warmers which he is.

I said it from the get go. If they liked Tavon Wilson fine, take him. But take him where he should have been taken, 7th rd. Maybe 6th if you are worried someone may take him in the 7th.

Tavon will never be a bust pick in my mind as he was a fish out of water from the get go.