Taylor Mays: SS/OLB hybrid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Taylor Mays: SS/OLB hybrid

I know that, for the past couple years, Belichick has experimented with a 3-3-1-4 defense that features a SS/OLB hybrid rover.  Tank Williams usually fills this role before suffering his annual preseason injury.

I wonder if Taylor Mays would be a good fit for this position, and if the defense is innovative and useful enough to make Mays worth a pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Taylor Mays: SS/OLB hybrid

In Response to Taylor Mays: SS/OLB hybrid:
    I know that, for the past couple years, Belichick has experimented with a 3-3-1-4 defense that features a SS/OLB hybrid rover.  Tank Williams usually fills this role before suffering his annual preseason injury. I wonder if Taylor Mays would be a good fit for this position, and if the defense is innovative and useful enough to make Mays worth a pick.
    Posted by NickC1188

But does he have what it takes to get on injured reserve every preseason? Laughing

Seriously, he might fit that role, but I wonder if his pass coverage skills are good enough. He seems more like an 4-3 OLB to me.

Sections
Shortcuts