Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Taylor Mays: SS/OLB hybrid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Taylor Mays: SS/OLB hybrid

I know that, for the past couple years, Belichick has experimented with a 3-3-1-4 defense that features a SS/OLB hybrid rover.  Tank Williams usually fills this role before suffering his annual preseason injury.

I wonder if Taylor Mays would be a good fit for this position, and if the defense is innovative and useful enough to make Mays worth a pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Taylor Mays: SS/OLB hybrid

In Response to Taylor Mays: SS/OLB hybrid:
    I know that, for the past couple years, Belichick has experimented with a 3-3-1-4 defense that features a SS/OLB hybrid rover.  Tank Williams usually fills this role before suffering his annual preseason injury. I wonder if Taylor Mays would be a good fit for this position, and if the defense is innovative and useful enough to make Mays worth a pick.
    Posted by NickC1188

But does he have what it takes to get on injured reserve every preseason? Laughing

Seriously, he might fit that role, but I wonder if his pass coverage skills are good enough. He seems more like an 4-3 OLB to me.

Sections
Shortcuts