Taylor more likely than Peppers in NE uniform

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[Quote]

Taylor forced his way out of Miami last year with the Parcells/Sporano hard-core coaching, and took the big money deal with the Skins. He's a Miami Southbeach/Hollywood wanna-be now. The Skins cut him because he didn't want to work out with the team, and he was willing to give up millions in bonuses to supposedly hang out with the family in Florida??

Yeah, he'll fit like a glove here under the Foxboro palm trees and the easy-going style of BB.

[/Quote]
    same was said about dillon, moss, questions about Harrison and we can go on and on. Heard in NFL network a good formula for the Patriots, guys that have close to nothing left come to New England and when they walk in they are giving some special water that extends their career by two to three years. BB has the water and Brady's ego is not too big to hand the cup himself to Taylor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Did you seriously suggest Ellis Hobbs for Julius Peppers? No way that ever happens, not even with a second thrown in to sweeten the deal.

Although if it did happen, I'd laugh hysterically.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Taylor had compartmental syndrome in his leg.

He almost died in 2008.

I can't see how that can be construed as quitting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

Peppers quit on his team in 2007

Taylor quit on his team in 2009 - that is why the skins released him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]Peppers quit on his team in 2007

Taylor quit on his team in 2009 - that is why the skins released him[/Quote]

How did Taylor quit?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

ok - maybe I am wrong - that is just how the washington, dc papers are reporting it. Released for poor work ethic, was essentially what I read and heard, but maybe I didn't read enough. Maybe the press doesn't want to question the Redskins coach/front office decisions or they will lose their best information source.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

Taylor forced his way out of Miami last year with the Parcells/Sporano hard-core coaching, and took the big money deal with the Skins. He's a Miami Southbeach/Hollywood wanna-be now. The Skins cut him because he didn't want to work out with the team, and he was willing to give up millions in bonuses to supposedly hang out with the family in Florida??

Yeah, he'll fit like a glove here under the Foxboro palm trees and the easy-going style of BB.

[/Quote]

They were trying to force him to work out in Washington during the OPTIONAL workouts....What is wrong with him working out at home during the Optional workouts? Vrable did it last year....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkindc. Show dkindc's posts

About Taylor from the Washington Post

Sounds like he didn't get along well with the skins defensive coordinator, really wanted to spend more time with his family - young kids, didn't produce much since he was hurt and didn't fit the skins system, and was a costly contract after they signed three new expensive players.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/02/AR2009030201933.html

Then there is the cya statement by the Skins GM

"Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, was surprised and "disappointed, totally disappointed" that former Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Taylor declined to participate in the offseason workout program at Redskins Park, prompting the team to release him on Monday."

Last offseason, Bill Parcells, Miami's executive vice president of football operations, was displeased Taylor decided to spend much of the previous offseason participating on "Dancing With the Stars" in Los Angeles instead of being with the team. Cerrato cited Taylor's participation on the TV show among the reasons Snyder wanted Taylor in Ashburn for the workout program.

"We felt like to get the best out of him, because he didn't work out all last year, because he was doing dancing" they needed him to be at the complex, Cerrato said. "And that's what Bill had the problem with, because he wasn't in [Miami's] offseason program."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/03/AR2009030303346.html

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

I think it would be the "Jet's Favre" version of Taylor...coming off an injury, had a taste of celebrity, and is just waiting for the jacket fitting in Canton. I would be wary that he would sign a contract with some heavy guarantee, then get hurt early or not make the team. The Pat's need a veteran lineman or LB who has been eating Ramen soup.[/Quote]

The problem with your analogy is that Favre has a ring, Taylor doesn't. I feel that a better analogy would be Seau.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=9&c=2&cid=848078&nid=3662071&fhn=1

Carucci is sticking by his story.it will be intreasting to see how it plays out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

I think both are equally unlikely.

[/Quote]

Wrong.

Peppers is more unlikely than Taylor.

Peppers would require a trade and we would lose a draft pick or 2 in doing so. After a trade, Peppers would require a large sum of money to be dealt to him.

Taylor would not require a trade ro get him.
    Taylor would be more likely to take less money.
    Taylor is good friends with Brady.
    Taylor is LOVED by Belichick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

[Quote][Quote]

I think both are equally unlikely.

[/Quote]

Wrong.

Peppers is more unlikely than Taylor.

Peppers would require a trade and we would lose a draft pick or 2 in doing so. After a trade, Peppers would require a large sum of money to be dealt to him.

Taylor would not require a trade ro get him.
    Taylor would be more likely to take less money.
    Taylor is good friends with Brady.
    Taylor is LOVED by Belichick.[/Quote]

Wow thanks for showing me how I’m wrong. Now turn off your Bunsen Burner genius before you burn down your trailer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

If you look at pure talent I would choose Peppers any day over Taylor. But when you factor in the money, which of course you have to do, Taylor is the easy choise. Hope they bring him in soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

And how did Taylor "almost dying" escape the eternal vigilance of the Fourth Estate?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

I dont agree. In my opinion Taylor is the most talented - and to me he seems to have a better technique too. In 2007 he was among the best defensive players in NFL, and Im not sure Peppers can bring anything extra except age..but at a very high cost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]About Taylor from the Washington Post

Sounds like he didn't get along well with the skins defensive coordinator, really wanted to spend more time with his family - young kids, didn't produce much since he was hurt and didn't fit the skins system, and was a costly contract after they signed three new expensive players.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/02/AR2009030201933.html

Then there is the cya statement by the Skins GM

"Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, was surprised and "disappointed, totally disappointed" that former Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Taylor declined to participate in the offseason workout program at Redskins Park, prompting the team to release him on Monday."

Last offseason, Bill Parcells, Miami's executive vice president of football operations, was displeased Taylor decided to spend much of the previous offseason participating on "Dancing With the Stars" in Los Angeles instead of being with the team. Cerrato cited Taylor's participation on the TV show among the reasons Snyder wanted Taylor in Ashburn for the workout program.

"We felt like to get the best out of him, because he didn't work out all last year, because he was doing dancing" they needed him to be at the complex, Cerrato said. "And that's what Bill had the problem with, because he wasn't in [Miami's] offseason program."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/03/AR2009030303346.html

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle?[/Quote]

Someone actually thinks that dancing isn't working out? and who is to say that he wasn't working out on his own time while learning to dance?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I wasn't aware that restless leg syndrome was life-threatening.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-flsphyde11sbmar11,0,1485933.column