Taylor Price: Active or Inactive?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Taylor Price: Active or Inactive?

I'd be surprised to see Price in a game of this magnitude, ap. I think last week was just getting his feet wet for next year.

I just hope Hernandez is active and healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

ACTIVATE HIM!!!

I think he'd do a much better job against Cromatie than Branch the magician(Because Deion disappears when the spot light is on him) =) 

He's big enough to take him inside and fast enough to beat him deep. I hope BB saw something worth while in him and plans to implement him in the offense more. Me don't trust Branch. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Taylor Price: Active or Inactive?:
    Would Price be part of any wrinkles Belichick has in store? I saw what he was running in the Dolphins game and to me, those were pretty safe plays called for him. It'd be another weapon to use. Not that we lack weapons to begin with. Also, I like how Tom's been targeting Alge of late. It puts that out on film too. Another person for the Jets (and anyone else) to account for.
    Posted by apdynasty23

I would not be surprised if he is active and implemented into the game plan (the same with Fred Taylor)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm not saying to put him in because Branch is a liability of any sorts. I'm saying it's something the Jets haven't seen. I know Price is a rookie and he hasn't played much in games but think about how many practices he's had with Brady. What if the coaches had told him to be ready just in case he'd play against our opponent in round 1? If he comes in for two plays and on one of those plays, he goes deep and Brady throws it to him, that does two things: 1) show the Jets, oh wait a minute, we still may go deep if you fall asleep and 2) now that you're thinking about Price, we have a lot of other action going on in the middle of the field.

It's something to consider. Who knows but it'd be nice to see Price work the Jets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Price: Active or Inactive?:
    ACTIVATE HIM!!! I think he'd do a much better job against Cromatie than Branch the magician(Because Deion disappears when the spot light is on him) =)  He's big enough to take him inside and fast enough to beat him deep. I hope BB saw something worth while in him and plans to implement him in the offense more. Me don't trust Branch. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I trust Branch to make the right hot reads, to hold on to the rock whenever he gets possession of it, and not to get overhyped by the pressure of the situation...

...much more than I trust a rookie with 1 game of experience to read the kind of complex defensive formations he has never seen before.

One bad read, one tipped ball, can turn a great throw by Brady into an interception. It's win or go home time: Experienced hands only.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

ACTIVATE HIM!!! I think he'd do a much better job against Cromatie than Branch the magician(Because Deion disappears when the spot light is on him) =)  He's big enough to take him inside and fast enough to beat him deep. I hope BB saw something worth while in him and plans to implement him in the offense more. Me don't trust Branch. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I guess Branch disappeared when he caught 10 passes and 11 passes in consecutive super bowls.  But of course the super bowl doesn't quite qualify as the "spotlight".  You've got to be kidding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Price over Branch is just retarded. Price (a long, tall speed guy) is what Cromartie thrives against (see Randy Moss). Branch gives Cromartie fits. There's no way Price plays in the post-season unless people get injured. He played last week because Branch and Welker were inactive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

They should also put in Mark Levoir for Vollmer (since Vollmer is awful and gives up so many sacks). Also, put in Hoyer for Brady while we're at it.

Posted by 49Patriots

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Price will catch a TD pass against the Jets, thrown by Edelman.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I actually think Edelman may be part of a wrinkle. I could see them calling that bubble screen for Julian instead of Welker. IMO Julian is better in the open field since he has better speed. Welker just isn't a guy that runs away from DB's. Nobody can beat welker running crossing patterns across the middle or being a safe option, but there are things that Julian does better. 

In Response to Taylor Price: Active or Inactive?:
    Would Price be part of any wrinkles Belichick has in store? I saw what he was running in the Dolphins game and to me, those were pretty safe plays called for him. It'd be another weapon to use. Not that we lack weapons to begin with. Also, I like how Tom's been targeting Alge of late. It puts that out on film too. Another person for the Jets (and anyone else) to account for.
    Posted by apdynasty23

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

Price may be active, but starting him over Branch is obsured.  Branch is a savy vet. playing great and he may have be in better sync with Brady than any human being alive. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Inactive. This is just silly.  Edelman and Tate are already active.  The guy catches 2 passes and you think he is Jerry Rice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Hm, nobody said he was Jerry Rice or even better than what we have right now. It was a question regarding a possible changeup. Thanks for the brilliant insight though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

who cares
    as long as woodhead is active, well be fine

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DEION BRANCHES!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

We're talking about Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I would say it depends on a couple different things...the weather & if Hernandez or Branch is inactive...I currently just don't see a need for Price to be active although I'd love to see him out there....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

the guy that said youd rather price than branch..your kidding right? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

not this year, i would like to see some more edelman.  he has shown us yet again that he is a player. let us not forget... he was a lone bright spot in an otherwise miserable ravens game last year in the wildcard round.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Can they use Price at DL? LOL  If so, then yes, activate him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

49, Branch is a post-season stud.  He had something like 21 catches in just two Super Bowls. If I am not mistaken, he has a chance to set the record for Super Bowl catches if he get there this year. The guy is a clutch spotlight player. SB MVP for 2004.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

not this year, i would like to see some more edelman.  he has shown us yet again that he is a player. let us not forget... he was a lone bright spot in an otherwise miserable ravens game last year in the wildcard round.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Hold on, hold on, hold on just a minute.  Faulk and Wilfork were amazing in that game, too. The three could not change the outcome, though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hmm yeah, dissappears.
    This is no time to test a rookie. Their offense is clicking, and they don't need a new weapon. You get Branch, Welker, Tate, Gronkowski and Woodhead on the field at one time, and you've got mismatches everywhere. No need for Price.
    Good thing about this one is that the Jets offense is easy to game plan for. Stuff the run and stop the slant pattern, as well as the occasional deep ball. You do that, they don't go anywhere. The Pats have two games of film; one how to stop them, and one with plays in which the Jets beat them. The Jets have two games of film; one where they got slaughtered, and finding the answers on how to stop the Pats will take more than one week to prepare for, and an other game where the Patriots were running a completely different offense.
    Good luck with that, Mr. Foot Fetish.

Sections
Shortcuts