Taylor Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Taylor Price

What happenend to this guy?

Is Taylor Price the new Brandon Tate who was the new Chad Jackson who was the new Bethel Johnson....... 

Why do Pats FO even bother drafting a receiver when we suck at it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

Re: Taylor Price

In Response to Taylor Price:
    [QUOTE]What happenend to this guy? Is Taylor Price the new Brandon Tate who was the new Chad Jackson who was the new Bethel Johnson.......  Why do Pats FO even bother drafting a receiver when we suck at it. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]
    Unlike Tate, Jackson, and Johnson, Price knows the plays and reads. I think you'll see him more now that he's healthy. He's also an excellent insurance policy if one of the starting receivers gets hurt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

They haven't needed a 3rd WR/5th passing option this season... so since they haven't had to depend on one to win games (although if OCho caught that deep ball vs. the Bills maybe we win that one) they might as well throw the veteran being paid 6 million who the casual fans want to see (Ocho) out there instead of benching him 5 games into the season for the 2nd year guy (Price) even if Price would perform and catch balls at the same level/rate right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Price:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Taylor Price : Unlike Tate, Jackson, and Johnson, Price knows the plays and reads. I think you'll see him more now that he's healthy. He's also an excellent insurance policy if one of the starting receivers gets hurt.
    Posted by dyslexic[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I also saw people defending Tate till the day he was released. 

Keep smoking the dope mate. 

If someone doesn't perform at all in his first 2 years in the NFL, he most likely never will. And we have plenty of those busts 2nd and 3rd round busts, Shawn Crable, Brandon Tate, Kevin O'Connell, etc etc. We'll probably soon be adding Ron Brace and Jermaine Cunningham to these lists. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

[QUOTE]They haven't needed a 3rd WR/5th passing option this season... so since they haven't had to depend on one to win games (although if OCho caught that deep ball vs. the Bills maybe we win that one) they might as well throw the veteran being paid 6 million who the casual fans want to see (Ocho) out there instead of benching him 5 games into the season for the 2nd year guy (Price) even if Price would perform and catch balls at the same level/rate right now.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Im sick of his 6 million dollar waste of a roster spot azz.The guy is the highest paid WR on the team this season!!! Wouldn't  you rather Price get the experience sooner than later...I don't want to see a 3rd or 4th year rookie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

As much I want to believe its a matter of not being needed, this is not usually how the pats work. Hell, even Vareen got in the game on sunday and he is a rookie Rb and we have 3 good guys in front of him and hardly run the ball.

I find it hard to believe that on a passing team a talented 3rd rd pick in his 2nd year cant even get on the field for one snap!?!?

In the past, wether needed or not, guys would get slowly integrated just to get their feet wet. Brady either doesnt trust him at all or Bill really wants to save him cuz he is fragile.

I know our offense isnt exactly broken but we did only score 20 pts last game.

All I can say is both Chad and Taylor have the bye week to try to catch up on things...and if chad doesnt have a decent game against the Steelers or Price doesnt start seeing the field after the bye, then its a wasted pick, IMO

If you are not gonna use him for 2 years, then why did you draft him? We could have got any other defensive player to help us out there...I dont get it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : Yeah, and I also saw people defending Tate till the day he was released.  Keep smoking the dope mate.  If someone doesn't perform at all in his first 2 years in the NFL, he most likely never will. And we have plenty of those busts 2nd and 3rd round busts, Shawn Crable, Brandon Tate, Kevin O'Connell, etc etc. We'll probably soon be adding Ron Brace and Jermaine Cunningham to these lists. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Hey troll jump off the bandwagon and find yourself another team to support.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : Hey troll jump off the bandwagon and find yourself another team to support.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

So I'm the troll since I point out what should be obvious? Let me guess, you were one of those who made the posts "It's too early to cut XYZ (insert Brandon Tate, Shawn Crable, Darius Butler, Terrence Wheatley, etc etc). Give him some time. He's got potential. It's only been 2/3 years" right before the day they actually got cut.

I'm sorry if you lack the ability to be critical. Maybe when Taylor doesn't manage to get on the field this year, and BB releases Chad in the offseason (renews Welker and Branch) and brings in 1 new receiver in the offseason as well as drafts another, you'll still be telling me next year in August right after the 4th preseason game "Give Taylor some time" right before BB releases him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

lol

The Pats do Lie ya know

They say in interviews how good a guy is doing, saying things like "noone works harder than joe smoe"  and he does everything ask of him and then the next day they cut him

I think some fans get caught up in that.  You will never know a player is on the outs by listening to Bill, you have to use your eyes and logic and with that you can see clearly Price hasnt been on the field in a meaningful game yet and Bill always sais, "if they are on the field then we trust them"

So basically they dont trust Price yet and they only trust Ocho to run some basic plays but not more than 20% of the snaps...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Has Ocho/Edelman/Price see in the field much? No?

I wonder why, maybe its because we are running a ton of 2 WR, 2 TE and 1 RB sets...

You know, Branch and Welker, Gronk and Hernandez + a RB...

If its a 3 WR set, Chad is in and he is barely in. We don't go empty backfield very often any more, so we don't see 4 WR sets.

How is he going to get on the field when there is at least 5 guys in front of him?

Welker and Branch have a ton of chemistry/amazing timing with Brady so they are going to be in always. Gronk and Hernandez create crazy mismatches and we always seem to have a RB in the game. Would you put Price in over Welker/Branch/Gronk/Hernandez? I didn't think so...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]Has Ocho/Edelman/Price see in the field much? No? I wonder why, maybe its because we are running a ton of 2 WR, 2 TE and 1 RB sets... You know, Branch and Welker, Gronk and Hernandez + a RB... If its a 3 WR set, Chad is in and he is barely in. We don't go empty backfield very often any more, so we don't see 4 WR sets. How is he going to get on the field when there is at least 5 guys in front of him? Welker and Branch have a ton of chemistry/amazing timing with Brady so they are going to be in always. Gronk and Hernandez create crazy mismatches and we always seem to have a RB in the game. Would you put Price in over Welker/Branch/Gronk/Hernandez? I didn't think so...
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Spare me these excuses. Slater has seen plenty of snaps, and he sucks. The fact that Price is below Slater on the depth chart is all the evidence I need. 

Hell, I've even seen Edelman and Woodhead stand out wide on a bunch of snaps and run WR routes. Yet Price can't even be active for the game day. Yeah right, he has "potential".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Oh please, they don't need price on the field. Slater has seen plenty of snaps? Really? How many catches does slater have and when did he have them. I can recall the catch on opening night( price was injured and not active for that game...)

I just checked, Slater has one catch all year...
    Edelman has had 3 catches. 1 in the opener, 1 @ buffalo and 1 @ oakland for a whopping 25 yards.

Ochocinco, our #3 WR, has only had 9 catches all year. You want Price to get on the field? Its clear that this offense is featuring 2 WR, 2 TE and 1 RB more then any other set. Even if he were to take Ocho's spot, he still wouldn't be getting many balls his way...

You can't get on the field/balls thrown your way if the options in front of you are vastly superior.

Is he going to replace Welker/Branch/Gronk/Hernandez? No? Then he isn't going to be playing much if any...

To write a guy off because the players ahead of him are much better is stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Out of all the WRs picked in 2010 draft in Rds 1-3, Price has likely been the one with the least production

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Crap on Price all you want...he's Branches replacement next year as well as insurance for this year....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The main difference is that all of those teams suuck a ss. So yeah, Taylor Price would probably start for them and then you could put him on your fantasy team and buy his jersey and everything. Unfortunately NE can't fit him in their record setting high powered offense right now so you you will just have to suffer through some more games of the same old guys catching the same old TD's and winning a bunch of games.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : So I'm the troll since I point out what should be obvious? Let me guess, you were one of those who made the posts "It's too early to cut XYZ (insert Brandon Tate, Shawn Crable, Darius Butler, Terrence Wheatley, etc etc). Give him some time. He's got potential. It's only been 2/3 years" right before the day they actually got cut. I'm sorry if you lack the ability to be critical. Maybe when Taylor doesn't manage to get on the field this year, and BB releases Chad in the offseason (renews Welker and Branch) and brings in 1 new receiver in the offseason as well as drafts another, you'll still be telling me next year in August right after the 4th preseason game "Give Taylor some time" right before BB releases him. 

If it comes time that BB releases him then we know for sure that the Patriots were wrong about him and that most likely he won't be productive on another team. One thing you don't see is ex Patriots turning out like Welker. Either they have it or they don't. Also, you're kidding yourself if you think it's only the Patriots who whiff on picks.

Branch speaks glowingly about Price saying he has all the tools mentally and physically. He started out having a great camp until he got hurt. We are fortunate that we have talented receives and aren't depending on him right now. But NFL football being car wrecks every Sunday might change that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Price will be a solid WR for the Pats as Branch/welker end their careers. And to those comparing him to Tate it only fits in so far as he hasn't seen the field as Tate hadn't at this point in their respective careers. If there was an injury he would see significant time and the offense would barely miss a beat.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

[QUOTE]Price will be a solid WR for the Pats as Branch/welker end their careers. And to those comparing him to Tate it only fits in so far as he hasn't seen the field as Tate hadn't at this point in their respective careers. If there was an injury he would see significant time and the offense would barely miss a beat.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before but Price has the ability to run routes like Branch and Welker but he also can stretch the field which the Patriots haven't done much of since Moss left.

But it's all about match ups. If they see on film that they can take advantage of certain DBs they will.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Price will be a solid WR for the Pats as Branch/welker end their careers. And to those comparing him to Tate it only fits in so far as he hasn't seen the field as Tate hadn't at this point in their respective careers. If there was an injury he would see significant time and the offense would barely miss a beat.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

Not to disagree with your argument, because I do agree, but Tate sat out most his rookie year but actually played in a late game and re-injured himself. In his 2nd year he was starting.

Price has only seen action in one game which was the last of the season in 10 and a meaningless game.

So far Tate has done more in the same amount of time and he had a real injury not a hammie....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I also understand we are a deeper team than last year, but to me, its just too much wasted on WR's if you know you are a 2 TE team.

Why pay 6 million to Ocho when you already have Price,Edleman on the shelf looking for reps?

Folks like me are just complaining because there are other things we could do with 6million and a 3rd rd pick instead of putting it towards a useless roster spot where guys aint even playing..

6 million could have kept J.Sanders and even another free agent safety/LB

the 3rd rd pick could be a backer playing right now..

If Price is inserted into the starting lineup next year and goes off, I wont complain, but do we really know/think that will happen.

Is Brady gonna have Price as his # 1 WR all of a sudden and Wes goes bye-bye and Branch retires??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

how do we expect to keep Price on the sideline with no reps and then expect him to perform when he is needed?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]how do we expect to keep Price on the sideline with no reps and then expect him to perform when he is needed?
    Posted by achie[/QUOTE]

Practice...?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I love the guy that said Slater has plenty of snaps. The only time Slater is out on offense is when they need to go deep, simply because he is the fastest guy on the team. Price has all the ability, it's just a matter of getting that rapport with Brady.

Sections
Shortcuts