Taylor Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: Taylor Price

I was sorry to see tate let go...yes i know I'm in the minority on that but I still think the kid could have been a contributor here...I didn't want OCHO as I believe he robbed Tate of a spot & hindered prices ability to get on the field...It is what it is...Price is a keeper & will be a starter next year opposite Welker...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

its funny when you look at it that way.....as dissapointing as tate was he did have like 30 catches last year in a limited role and if he doesnt drop a few, may have more oppty's. I think the main thing is he was limited and is not nearly the route runner that chad is.

I cant compare him to Price yet, but Price looks faster and a better route runner.

We've had a year to figure out how to use our Tight ends and its showing and I understand our 12 personell is limiting other Wr's snaps, but I dont think Tate would be playing over branch either. I guess we should just be lucky that Branch hasnt been hurt yet, as he def. has the most chemistry w/Brady outside of Wes.

You mentioned that Wes would start opposite Price, but when did he get resigned.

If wes is back next year ,I think it was useless to sign Chad for 3 years and redshirt Price.  Our two tight ends aint going anywhere...so why will Price start next year is Wes is here with Ocho and Branch..

Is Branch retiring after this year?  whats his contract status?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's simple

Price was red shirted last year. This year you have Welker, Branch, and Ocho in front of him with Edelman being a better 4th man in the slot. When the teams majority snaps are out of the 2 and 3 TE sets and you're low man on the totem you don't get many reps.

Whether this means he's another WR flop or a starter waiting in the wings right now he doesn't have much of a shot breaking this line up unless he proves to be more valuable then everyone above him. If Ocho continues to miss routes Price could get his shot sooner rather then later.

Now with the new rules Tate's KR ability becomes limited (see his current stats on Cin vs either Ridley's or Slaters they are almost the same). So, that means they must see more upside in Price the Tate. Whether this becomes apparent or not is a completely different story but you have to at least give him a shot on the field in the first couple of years. Tate had his chance last year and by the end of the year you could tell Brady had no trust in him (much like what we are starting to see in Ocho). When Price gets his shot if he flops he will be dumped but he still needs the shot to lose Brady's trust first. You need to give him 2-3 years and if he can't prove himself by then, then you dump him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I think we all consider that Pats  play a 5 set of 2 WRs 2 TEs and the RB. I do not consider a Hernandez a TE, he in fact is a BIG FAST MF'N slot reciever , sometimes wide (?). when we need 2 tight in running situations we see the D Gronk, Welch, and last year Crumpler. In some of those cases we will still see AH out there as a reciever.

It is AH that keeps Price down on the real depth chart!

In my estimation,AH is only tagged a TE because that is what he was in college.  I think BB saw he was a qualified WR with mismatches every week!

PS: i am sure everyone will groan, but how many Pats fantasy player fans knew they could grab him late and get WR numbers from a TE?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Taylor Price:
    [QUOTE]I think we all consider that Pats  play a 5 set of 2 WRs 2 TEs and the RB. I do not consider a Hernandez a TE, he in fact is a BIG FAST MF'N slot reciever , sometimes wide (?). when we need 2 tight in running situations we see the D Gronk, Welch, and last year Crumpler. In some of those cases we will still see AH out there as a reciever. It is AH that keeps Price down on the real depth chart! In my estimation,AH is only tagged a TE because that is what he was in college.  I think BB saw he was a qualified WR with mismatches every week! PS: i am sure everyone will groan, but how many Pats fantasy player fans knew they could grab him late and get WR numbers from a TE?
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

lol one of my many late round gems. This year in the late rounds I got Steve Smith (Car), Sporles, and Hern in rounds 8-11. I couldn't believe no one took any of them.

I had a good draft this year.

Hern is a hybrid. He lines up as a blocking TE in some 2 TE sets, HB in some blocking back sets, FB in some power formation sets, spread into slot in 1/2 TE sets, and yes even spread outside the numbers. He's more of a TE then a WR simply because of the amount of times he blocks then releases but he has the skill and ability to fill multiple roles which makes him dangerous to other teams.

Right now though I would say Ocho is preventing Price from getting reps right now with Branch ultimately preventing Price from starting but that's all dependant on if they trust him to get those reps and he takes full advantage of his first couple chances

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

[ (although if OCho caught that deep ball vs. the Bills maybe we win that one)

Wes caught  a td on that drive so that drop was irrelevant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : So I'm the troll since I point out what should be obvious? Let me guess, you were one of those who made the posts "It's too early to cut XYZ (insert Brandon Tate, Shawn Crable, Darius Butler, Terrence Wheatley, etc etc). Give him some time. He's got potential. It's only been 2/3 years" right before the day they actually got cut. I'm sorry if you lack the ability to be critical. Maybe when Taylor doesn't manage to get on the field this year, and BB releases Chad in the offseason (renews Welker and Branch) and brings in 1 new receiver in the offseason as well as drafts another, you'll still be telling me next year in August right after the 4th preseason game "Give Taylor some time" right before BB releases him. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

murghkhor...

Ya can't just group each and every single NE player who hasn't seen significant playing time, in- What's your "under"?  2 st#pid years, and you're even completely including THIS one?!?
       />Just don't get it, Considering first- Under this premise Dan Connolly, Sergio Brown, Julian Edelman, Dane Fletcher, Benjarvis Green-Ellis, Brian Hoyer, James Ihedigbo, Rob Ninkovich, Brian Waters, Wes Welker, and finally-Danny Woodhead...  These guys?   They should Each and All, either be cut immediately, OR they should have been cut long, long ago, Right?   And these are just guys I'm randomly pulling down from The New England Patriots 2011 Roster as of today... But that's the deal: First 2 years in The NFL where you're underproducing and have barely seen the field...and then you're gone.

Whoever made mention RE: What we've seen thus far from Taylor Price's skill-set...and yes, The VERY LITTLE we've seen thus far from Taylor Price's skill-set...Regardless, It IS good.  The same by and large Can-NOT be said of your other mentionables:  Crable, Tate, Jackson, and Butler. 

So you'll counter: "Wrong...because a certain number of these guys DID show flashes of being decent players."  And yes...they did.  Jackson if I recall correctly, had a 130 yard game.  Crable at times just looked on fire in a series of consecutive Preseason games (over a couple years as well).  Tate went from looking like he shouldn't have even been on ANY receiving corp within any NFL Team's 53 man roster, TO showing at least some NFL wideout receiving promise, and excellent return man skills.  Finally, Butler was thrown right into the mix as a 1st year rookie, initially showing within a rebuilding NE Defense and with ZERO pass-pressure (at all), that it still appeared that he could at least hold his own.

But there's a difference...  It's this:  
    ~Just as each one of ALL of these players showed at least some on-field potential...They ALSO, showed an f- lot more of the time, These qualities which led them to being cut...  
       />Even Tate's top-tier kick-returning, and his (ehh) somewhat improvement in receiving, STILL couldn't hide the fact that Tate was simply AWFUL in gaining seperation when coming out of his breaks, and his hands were STILL made of stone. 
       />Jackson, DID have that 1 big game, showing unreal potential...BUT, Jackson showed within every other game, on-field, off-field, any where and every where, THAT he was not motivated to even TRY to learn NE's complicated receiver designs (how it'll develop, excatly what a receiver should and HAS to do in order to change his route depending on how the defender's play is developing per down)...NEVER.  Heck, towards the end, Chad Jackson wasn't even motivated enough to show up for some team meetings.
         />Same for Darius Butler...  He was never that physical.  But afterwards- AFTER he was torched in some very pretty unfortunate specific plays as a Rookie (thinking specifically of 2 total bs^ "Peyton Interference Calls...yes, 1 against, who else?  Indy)- AFTER this, man- ANY promise that he did show, appeared to be ripped out of him.  CBs, probably second only to an NFL QB, is an absolute position wherein you need a big enough ego on you belonging in the league, and also a very short-term memory.  So suddenly, the positive qualities that Butler did have (ball-in-the-air coverage, staying with the wideout throughout) Happened to get crushed by Butler's now enhanced, negative qualities (strength to jam, muscling out a receiver, etc)- Because Darius Butler began playing not to win and beat his man (NO aggression), but Butler was subsequently and evermore playing just not to get beat, or not to scr#w up and give up a huge play.            
       />And so now, look at Crable...  And I'll admit this day and every day, THAT Shawn Crable WAS a guy I was excited NE selected from Day #1.  <And with Jackson AND far moreso-Tate and Butler, I 100% can-NOT say the same of>  
    Why Crable???  A:  Because he was a GOOD Selection!!  He was.  His total numbers of TFLs, and ability to penetrate the Offensive backfield while at U of Michigan, was EXCELLENT.  EVERY-thing was there.  GREAT speed, Fantastic locker room leader and just CRAZY motivated, SIZE...Good grief!  Crable was a 2nd- early 3rd rd prospect...and NE acquired him right at the bottom of Rd #3.  And so what was the 1 single knock which every scout said?  His lower body mass...  And that's it.  And guess what?  Under this rationale, Tom Brady would have never been selected at all.  And then Crable gets hurt.  Rookie year, in his underdeveloped legs.  So Crable stays at Gillette to train the entire year, studies film after film of NE's D, and Willie Mac's play specifically.  Next year?  Hurt again.  But this time he stays for only part of the offseason (still training elsewhere, and STILL making every Offseason Gillete meet-up).  Next year...  Hurt again.  But ya see, There was 1 difference this time.  It was:  When Crable DID see the field in his final year, for the first time, it became obvious that Crable was not in any way, the fiery all-out defender, he was at Michigan and even during those NE preseason games the first couple of years.  Little effort, almost zero variation in his pass-rush repertoire, and you could see he actually decided not to bother to learn any more of BB's ever-changing 3-4 Defense, in terms of yearly specifics and certain twists in scheme.   

~And so therein lies the difference that you're missing:
    In ALL of your examples final days as a NE Patriot, they showed significant amount more of getting worse, rather than improving in skill.  I cannot say the same for Taylor Price.  Price's hands are decent, I've heard zero negative accounts on Price's work-ethic, and Price's route-trees which I've seen, ARE just exceptional (NFL exceptional).  Just the times when watching Price come deadly stop-on-a-dime tight, and pinpoint exact out of his breaks, seeing that Price appears to have those finer nuances- like knowing that exact moment you can grab that initial seperation by turning and twisting a defender when first going IN-to his breaks...  And good grief!  From Day 1, BB and NE (and every scout on earth) talked about how absurdly simplistic The University of Ohio's Offensive System was (even within a Collegiate football framework).  

~And thus, Price IS injured...  But BIG DEAL!?!  Pats have 1 loss.  They're 5 and 1.  NE's had a better running game than they've had for 7 years +.  NE has two just EXCEPTIONAL TEs, which they enjoy using on field at the same time.  And the versatility these 2 TE sets grants NE, means there's MUCH less 3 receiver sets.  The Receivers?  Wes, with Edelman backing him.  And Branch with, or without Ocho.  Honestly, My point is this:  WhyInTF` would you even consider rushing Price back into the mix.  Even with and IF his skill-set is or can be, Top-Notch...WHY would you do this with your team deploying so much more 2 TE sets, and when ya suddenly have a slew RBs, and an actual running game, and when your team's currently 5 and 1...  Why?  Don'tcha think the risks outweigh the rewards currently?            

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

hey laz,
     re:
    " My point is this:  WhyInTF` would you even consider rushing Price back into the mix.  Even with and IF his skill-set is or can be, Top-Notch...WHY would you do this with your team deploying so much more 2 TE sets, and when ya suddenly have a slew RBs, and an actual running game, and when your team's currently 5 and 1...  Why?  Don'tcha think the risks outweigh the rewards currently?"

there is only one reason why you are right, or should we say 6 million of them.
    chad's 6 million dollar contract is the reason i think we dont get to see price on the filed even though after 6 weeks chad doesnt remember to run straight when he's supposed to (or otherwise is not reliable in knowing and doing his job).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : murghkhor... Ya can't just group each and every single NE player who hasn't seen significant playing time, in- What's your "under"?  2 st#pid years, and you're even completely including THIS one?!?    />Just don't get it, Considering first- Under this premise Dan Connolly, Sergio Brown, Julian Edelman, Dane Fletcher, Benjarvis Green-Ellis, Brian Hoyer, James Ihedigbo, Rob Ninkovich, Brian Waters, Wes Welker, and finally-Danny Woodhead...  These guys?   They should Each and All, either be cut immediately, OR they should have been cut long, long ago, Right?   And these are just guys I'm randomly pulling down from The New England Patriots 2011 Roster as of today... But that's the deal: First 2 years in The NFL where you're underproducing and have barely seen the field...and then you're gone. Whoever made mention RE: What we've seen thus far from Taylor Price's skill-set...and yes, The VERY LITTLE we've seen thus far from Taylor Price's skill-set...Regardless, It IS good.  The same by and large Can-NOT be said of your other mentionables:  Crable, Tate, Jackson, and Butler.  So you'll counter: "Wrong...because a certain number of these guys DID show flashes of being decent players."  And yes...they did.  Jackson if I recall correctly, had a 130 yard game.  Crable at times just looked on fire in a series of consecutive Preseason games (over a couple years as well).  Tate went from looking like he shouldn't have even been on ANY receiving corp within any NFL Team's 53 man roster, TO showing at least some NFL wideout receiving promise, and excellent return man skills.  Finally, Butler was thrown right into the mix as a 1st year rookie, initially showing within a rebuilding NE Defense and with ZERO pass-pressure (at all), that it still appeared that he could at least hold his own. But there's a difference...  It's this:   ~Just as each one of ALL of these players showed at least some on-field potential...They ALSO, showed an f- lot more of the time, These qualities which led them to being cut...      />Even Tate's top-tier kick-returning, and his (ehh) somewhat improvement in receiving, STILL couldn't hide the fact that Tate was simply AWFUL in gaining seperation when coming out of his breaks, and his hands were STILL made of stone.     />Jackson, DID have that 1 big game, showing unreal potential...BUT, Jackson showed within every other game, on-field, off-field, any where and every where, THAT he was not motivated to even TRY to learn NE's complicated receiver designs (how it'll develop, excatly what a receiver should and HAS to do in order to change his route depending on how the defender's play is developing per down)...NEVER.  Heck, towards the end, Chad Jackson wasn't even motivated enough to show up for some team meetings.      />Same for Darius Butler...  He was never that physical.  But afterwards- AFTER he was torched in some very pretty unfortunate specific plays as a Rookie (thinking specifically of 2 total bs^ "Peyton Interference Calls...yes, 1 against, who else?  Indy)- AFTER this, man- ANY promise that he did show, appeared to be ripped out of him.  CBs, probably second only to an NFL QB, is an absolute position wherein you need a big enough ego on you belonging in the league, and also a very short-term memory.  So suddenly, the positive qualities that Butler did have (ball-in-the-air coverage, staying with the wideout throughout) Happened to get crushed by Butler's now enhanced, negative qualities (strength to jam, muscling out a receiver, etc)- Because Darius Butler began playing not to win and beat his man (NO aggression), but Butler was subsequently and evermore playing just not to get beat, or not to scr#w up and give up a huge play.                />And so now, look at Crable...  And I'll admit this day and every day, THAT Shawn Crable WAS a guy I was excited NE selected from Day #1.  <And with Jackson AND far moreso-Tate and Butler, I 100% can-NOT say the same of />   Why Crable???  A:  Because he was a GOOD Selection!!  He was.  His total numbers of TFLs, and ability to penetrate the Offensive backfield while at U of Michigan, was EXCELLENT.  EVERY-thing was there.  GREAT speed, Fantastic locker room leader and just CRAZY motivated, SIZE...Good grief!  Crable was a 2nd- early 3rd rd prospect...and NE acquired him right at the bottom of Rd #3.  And so what was the 1 single knock which every scout said?  His lower body mass...  And that's it.  And guess what?  Under this rationale, Tom Brady would have never been selected at all.  And then Crable gets hurt.  Rookie year, in his underdeveloped legs.  So Crable stays at Gillette to train the entire year, studies film after film of NE's D, and Willie Mac's play specifically.  Next year?  Hurt again.  But this time he stays for only part of the offseason (still training elsewhere, and STILL making every Offseason Gillete meet-up).  Next year...  Hurt again.  But ya see, There was 1 difference this time.  It was:  When Crable DID see the field in his final year, for the first time, it became obvious that Crable was not in any way, the fiery all-out defender, he was at Michigan and even during those NE preseason games the first couple of years.  Little effort, almost zero variation in his pass-rush repertoire, and you could see he actually decided not to bother to learn any more of BB's ever-changing 3-4 Defense, in terms of yearly specifics and certain twists in scheme.    ~And so therein lies the difference that you're missing: In ALL of your examples final days as a NE Patriot, they showed significant amount more of getting worse, rather than improving in skill.  I cannot say the same for Taylor Price.  Price's hands are decent, I've heard zero negative accounts on Price's work-ethic, and Price's route-trees which I've seen, ARE just exceptional (NFL exceptional).  Just the times when watching Price come deadly stop-on-a-dime tight, and pinpoint exact out of his breaks, seeing that Price appears to have those finer nuances- like knowing that exact moment you can grab that initial seperation by turning and twisting a defender when first going IN-to his breaks...  And good grief!  From Day 1, BB and NE (and every scout on earth) talked about how absurdly simplistic The University of Ohio's Offensive System was (even within a Collegiate football framework).   ~And thus, Price IS injured...  But BIG DEAL!?!  Pats have 1 loss.  They're 5 and 1.  NE's had a better running game than they've had for 7 years +.  NE has two just EXCEPTIONAL TEs, which they enjoy using on field at the same time.  And the versatility these 2 TE sets grants NE, means there's MUCH less 3 receiver sets.  The Receivers?  Wes, with Edelman backing him.  And Branch with, or without Ocho.  Honestly, My point is this:  WhyInTF` would you even consider rushing Price back into the mix.  Even with and IF his skill-set is or can be, Top-Notch...WHY would you do this with your team deploying so much more 2 TE sets, and when ya suddenly have a slew RBs, and an actual running game, and when your team's currently 5 and 1...  Why?  Don'tcha think the risks outweigh the rewards currently?                         

Wait what?

So you STILL see potential in Tate and Butler and Crable....... and you still think they were good draft picks when they were taken.

Dude, you're just being a homer...... think critically please.

I am sure you'll write another ode to Taylor Price and talk about his "potential" next year after the 4th preseason game......... right before he's cut. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]Ron Brace? Really? Ok so you are a hater cause Brace played well and earned his money last season and you are clearly still hung up on his bad play from his rookie year. They moved him from NT to DE and he became very good on 1st and 2nd down against the run which is what they drafted him for. Did you think he was going to be a sack master or something? He is a run defender and they knew that. And as for saying a guy is a bust if he is not good in year 1 or 2 does the name Mario Williams mean anything to you? He was called a bust after year 1 because he was not better then Reggie Bush and then he developed in a very good player who was 100% worthy of that #1 overall pick status. But I guess cause it took him some time to develop he must be a bust. What about Jared Allen? People didnt even know who he was in KC the first few years of his career and then he blew up. Guess he was a total bust too huh? Roddy White looked like a bum with Mike Vick throwing him the ball and people said he was a bust and then Matt Ryan came to town and now he is one of the top 3 Wrs in football.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Ron Brace was on the bubble to be cut at the start of this season and I'm sorry if you didn't realize this. He's well below Pryor and Love on the depth chart and was put on PUP instead of being cut for the off-chance that someone gets injured in first 6 games and we can re-insert him. As it happens Wright and Pryor went on IR and Brace can now make another try of proving he deserves to be in NFL...... let alone worthy of a high 2nd round which he'll never live up to. 

Is it possible Brace can be decent enough to be a journeyman DL and have a 8-9 year mediocre career in the NFL....... yeah I guess so. But please don't tell me how he "played well and earned his money" last season. He is not worth the high 2nd round pick we got him for. He made a couple of plays but was well below Warren, Wright, and even Deadrick on depth last year and most of the time would either get pushed back, or would struggle to get under the OL or get any leverage. Just because last year wasn't the disaster year one was, doesn't mean he "played well". 

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him released next year unless he shows us something this year he hasn't before. Pryor and Love are playing far better now. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : Wait what? So you STILL see potential in Tate and Butler and Crable....... and you still think they were good draft picks when they were taken. Dude, you're just being a homer...... think critically please. I am sure you'll write another ode to Taylor Price and talk about his "potential" next year after the 4th preseason game......... right before he's cut. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Well ya know, it's sorta tough to when the poster's counter response to your own post is entirely devoid of any single point I made, any conclusion I offered, any facts, stats- he!!, we couldn't even make it past the examples before giving them back under a 100% complete & total contradiction of what I originally stated...  I'm just gonna offer a "...but draw your own conclusions" tagline, from here on out with this subject.       

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : Well ya know, it's sorta tough to when the poster's counter response to your own post is entirely devoid of any single point I made, any conclusion I offered, any facts, stats- he!!, we couldn't even make it past the examples before giving them back under a 100% complete & total contradiction of what I originally stated...  I'm just gonna offer a "...but draw your own conclusions" tagline, from here on out with this subject.       

Just because you slapped me with a WALL OF TEXT doesn't mean I'm going to take the time to counter each and every one of your points. Needless to say, I disagree with you and don't have time to back up all the myriad examples of why Tate, Crable, Butler were horrible picks and bonafide busts. 

As for Price, sure....... you could say "inconclusive" but that's my whole point. For now the BEST you can say about Price is "inconclusive", and generally those players that tend to not get on the field in their first 2 years........... tend to not make it in the NFL. 

So yeah, we'll see and we'll all draw our own conclusions. And if you can all be shocked again when he gets released next year like you guys were with Tate and Butler this year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : murghkhor... Ya can't just group each and every single NE player who hasn't seen significant playing time, in- What's your "under"?  2 st#pid years, and you're even completely including THIS one?!?    />Just don't get it, Considering first- Under this premise Dan Connolly, Sergio Brown, Julian Edelman, Dane Fletcher, Benjarvis Green-Ellis, Brian Hoyer, James Ihedigbo, Rob Ninkovich, Brian Waters, Wes Welker, and finally-Danny Woodhead...  These guys?   They should Each and All, either be cut immediately, OR they should have been cut long, long ago, Right?   And these are just guys I'm randomly pulling down from The New England Patriots 2011 Roster as of today... But that's the deal: First 2 years in The NFL where you're underproducing and have barely seen the field...and then you're gone. Whoever made mention RE: What we've seen thus far from Taylor Price's skill-set...and yes, The VERY LITTLE we've seen thus far from Taylor Price's skill-set...Regardless, It IS good.  The same by and large Can-NOT be said of your other mentionables:  Crable, Tate, Jackson, and Butler.  So you'll counter: "Wrong...because a certain number of these guys DID show flashes of being decent players."  And yes...they did.  Jackson if I recall correctly, had a 130 yard game.  Crable at times just looked on fire in a series of consecutive Preseason games (over a couple years as well).  Tate went from looking like he shouldn't have even been on ANY receiving corp within any NFL Team's 53 man roster, TO showing at least some NFL wideout receiving promise, and excellent return man skills.  Finally, Butler was thrown right into the mix as a 1st year rookie, initially showing within a rebuilding NE Defense and with ZERO pass-pressure (at all), that it still appeared that he could at least hold his own. But there's a difference...  It's this:   ~Just as each one of ALL of these players showed at least some on-field potential...They ALSO, showed an f- lot more of the time, These qualities which led them to being cut...      />Even Tate's top-tier kick-returning, and his (ehh) somewhat improvement in receiving, STILL couldn't hide the fact that Tate was simply AWFUL in gaining seperation when coming out of his breaks, and his hands were STILL made of stone.     />Jackson, DID have that 1 big game, showing unreal potential...BUT, Jackson showed within every other game, on-field, off-field, any where and every where, THAT he was not motivated to even TRY to learn NE's complicated receiver designs (how it'll develop, excatly what a receiver should and HAS to do in order to change his route depending on how the defender's play is developing per down)...NEVER.  Heck, towards the end, Chad Jackson wasn't even motivated enough to show up for some team meetings.      />Same for Darius Butler...  He was never that physical.  But afterwards- AFTER he was torched in some very pretty unfortunate specific plays as a Rookie (thinking specifically of 2 total bs^ "Peyton Interference Calls...yes, 1 against, who else?  Indy)- AFTER this, man- ANY promise that he did show, appeared to be ripped out of him.  CBs, probably second only to an NFL QB, is an absolute position wherein you need a big enough ego on you belonging in the league, and also a very short-term memory.  So suddenly, the positive qualities that Butler did have (ball-in-the-air coverage, staying with the wideout throughout) Happened to get crushed by Butler's now enhanced, negative qualities (strength to jam, muscling out a receiver, etc)- Because Darius Butler began playing not to win and beat his man (NO aggression), but Butler was subsequently and evermore playing just not to get beat, or not to scr#w up and give up a huge play.                />And so now, look at Crable...  And I'll admit this day and every day, THAT Shawn Crable WAS a guy I was excited NE selected from Day #1.  <And with Jackson AND far moreso-Tate and Butler, I 100% can-NOT say the same of />   Why Crable???  A:  Because he was a GOOD Selection!!  He was.  His total numbers of TFLs, and ability to penetrate the Offensive backfield while at U of Michigan, was EXCELLENT.  EVERY-thing was there.  GREAT speed, Fantastic locker room leader and just CRAZY motivated, SIZE...Good grief!  Crable was a 2nd- early 3rd rd prospect...and NE acquired him right at the bottom of Rd #3.  And so what was the 1 single knock which every scout said?  His lower body mass...  And that's it.  And guess what?  Under this rationale, Tom Brady would have never been selected at all.  And then Crable gets hurt.  Rookie year, in his underdeveloped legs.  So Crable stays at Gillette to train the entire year, studies film after film of NE's D, and Willie Mac's play specifically.  Next year?  Hurt again.  But this time he stays for only part of the offseason (still training elsewhere, and STILL making every Offseason Gillete meet-up).  Next year...  Hurt again.  But ya see, There was 1 difference this time.  It was:  When Crable DID see the field in his final year, for the first time, it became obvious that Crable was not in any way, the fiery all-out defender, he was at Michigan and even during those NE preseason games the first couple of years.  Little effort, almost zero variation in his pass-rush repertoire, and you could see he actually decided not to bother to learn any more of BB's ever-changing 3-4 Defense, in terms of yearly specifics and certain twists in scheme.    ~And so therein lies the difference that you're missing: In ALL of your examples final days as a NE Patriot, they showed significant amount more of getting worse, rather than improving in skill.  I cannot say the same for Taylor Price.  Price's hands are decent, I've heard zero negative accounts on Price's work-ethic, and Price's route-trees which I've seen, ARE just exceptional (NFL exceptional).  Just the times when watching Price come deadly stop-on-a-dime tight, and pinpoint exact out of his breaks, seeing that Price appears to have those finer nuances- like knowing that exact moment you can grab that initial seperation by turning and twisting a defender when first going IN-to his breaks...  And good grief!  From Day 1, BB and NE (and every scout on earth) talked about how absurdly simplistic The University of Ohio's Offensive System was (even within a Collegiate football framework).   ~And thus, Price IS injured...  But BIG DEAL!?!  Pats have 1 loss.  They're 5 and 1.  NE's had a better running game than they've had for 7 years +.  NE has two just EXCEPTIONAL TEs, which they enjoy using on field at the same time.  And the versatility these 2 TE sets grants NE, means there's MUCH less 3 receiver sets.  The Receivers?  Wes, with Edelman backing him.  And Branch with, or without Ocho.  Honestly, My point is this:  WhyInTF` would you even consider rushing Price back into the mix.  Even with and IF his skill-set is or can be, Top-Notch...WHY would you do this with your team deploying so much more 2 TE sets, and when ya suddenly have a slew RBs, and an actual running game, and when your team's currently 5 and 1...  Why?  Don'tcha think the risks outweigh the rewards currently?                         

These are all reasonable rationales, but the last part about Price is false. Price is NOT hurt, as he was dressed for the game 2 weeks ago. Not sure about last week, but he has plenty of time to heal that hammie, he is just simply not being used.  Right now there are excuses for him, but coming out the bye week if they dont start to slowly integrate him, you have to think he has no future here.

Even Tate as a rookie coming off a F riggin ACL surgery still got in the games late in the season. In his case it was a bad idea as he reinjured himself, but the point, practice is only practice. You cant/shouldnt just throw a player out there in an important game based in practice, so if he is trusted as a backup, why not give him a rep here or there so his first game action isnt crucial and overhwelming?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : These are all reasonable rationales, but the last part about Price is false. Price is NOT hurt, as he was dressed for the game 2 weeks ago. Not sure about last week, but he has plenty of time to heal that hammie, he is just simply not being used.  Right now there are excuses for him, but coming out the bye week if they dont start to slowly integrate him, you have to think he has no future here. Even Tate as a rookie coming off a F riggin ACL surgery still got in the games late in the season. In his case it was a bad idea as he reinjured himself, but the point, practice is only practice. You cant/shouldnt just throw a player out there in an important game based in practice, so if he is trusted as a backup, why not give him a rep here or there so his first game action isnt crucial and overhwelming?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Price played one snap last game, Brady threw an INT on the play (not related to Price). The Pats usually keep a WR or two and a CB on the roster for ST. Last year I think the only guys who didn't contribute to special teams were Branch and Price. But when you don't contribute in the kicking game you better be pretty darn good if you want to be active game day. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats see Price as the fourth best receiver but they only activate 5 on game day and Edelman and Slater play ST. Right now he's basically competing with the NFL's leading receiver, a SB MVP whose been with Brady forever, and a future HOF'er for snaps. It wouldn't surprise me if we see him getting in as the 3rd WR if Ocho isn't getting better. That's where he was for his one snap. iMO the Pats look deep at WR and if they had to play Price Edelman and/or Ocho I am confident they would perform well. In the 2 times for Edelman and one time for Price they have played full time they played great. Unfortunately this year the Pats injuries came where they have the least depth IMO- in the secondary.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

thats good. I didnt know he got in the game.  Was it in a 3 Wr set or was it 4 Wr? was ocho in as well?

Like I said, i dont him not playing because of better players in front of him, but if he also here to step up in case of injury, I think he should get some time and its probably just Brady telling O'bie..."im not going to him"  Give me some Deion and Wes and im fine..

We dont see practice, so how are we to know how is progressing and wether or not he has that chemistry yet. I think thats part of it.

Regardless of need a dynamic player like that usually finds a way on the field, and why is Wes returning punts when clearly Price is more talented?? trust issues..??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]thats good. I didnt know he got in the game.  Was it in a 3 Wr set or was it 4 Wr? was ocho in as well? Like I said, i dont him not playing because of better players in front of him, but if he also here to step up in case of injury, I think he should get some time and its probably just Brady telling O'bie..."im not going to him"  Give me some Deion and Wes and im fine.. We dont see practice, so how are we to know how is progressing and wether or not he has that chemistry yet. I think thats part of it. Regardless of need a dynamic player like that usually finds a way on the field, and why is Wes returning punts when clearly Price is more talented?? trust issues..??
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I'll double check but I think it was a 3 WR set. Reiss breaks down snaps after each game and that's where I saw it but the site isnt working right now. I think BB is very conservative about putting young players in. With the exception of maybe Mayo the only time we see a rookie play is if there's an injury. Sometimes I think you got to put guys in the game and let them go but I think he's afraid a couple mental errors can mess up the well oiled machine of the Pats. Maybe I'm wrong because I don't see them practice but that's just my feeling. I liked what I saw from Spikes but then we don't see him again this year til Mayo goes down. Green Ellis doesn't get snaps til Maroney is down and I suspect we wouldn't have seen Ridley if Faulk started the season healthy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taylor Price : [ (although if OCho caught that deep ball vs. the Bills maybe we win that one) Wes caught  a td on that drive so that drop was irrelevant.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

Yea, but it took them an additional 5 minutes to do it.  They could have used those 5 minutes to get a go-ahead TD.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]I think we all consider that Pats  play a 5 set of 2 WRs 2 TEs and the RB. I do not consider a Hernandez a TE, he in fact is a BIG FAST MF'N slot reciever , sometimes wide (?). when we need 2 tight in running situations we see the D Gronk, Welch, and last year Crumpler. In some of those cases we will still see AH out there as a reciever. It is AH that keeps Price down on the real depth chart! In my estimation,AH is only tagged a TE because that is what he was in college.  I think BB saw heI was a qualified WR with mismatches every week! PS: i am sure everyone will groan, but how many Pats fantasy player fans knew they could grab him late and get WR numbers from a TE?
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

I did. I have both AH and Gronk as TEs for late roud picks. Thats the primary reason I am 4-2 Tongue out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Essentially, the following is what I've learned from this Taylor Price Thread...

~Taylor Price IS in almost "ALL Certainty" THE worst wide receiver out of the first 3 Rounds of the 2010 NFL Draft Class...  AND (further), even though Price's selection spot actually made him the last wide receiver selected in Rds 1-3, we will BOTH compare him to all the guys selected ahead of him, but we won't offer examples from any of the other guys and how they're, in fact doing (Case Closed).

~Next, Patriots have been known to give out VERY little information to The Media...  Injury Status, gameday secrecy and ambiguity IS paramount...  Thus, we can conclude that Bill Belichick and the other players, and I suppose also- the people who watched early summer training camp, Are simply "saying the right things" FOR this covert ends.  Now...whatever these "ends" happen to be, is completely irrelevant, BE-cause we DO know for a fact, that BB is as tight-lipped about his team as anyone.  Thus we have now somehow successfully concluded that Price svcks, and they're just sayin' nice things about him, before he's cut any day now.

~Moving on now...  Price's situation is EXACTLY the same as B. Tate's, D. Butler's, C Jackson's, and S. Crable's and here's why:  "I'm (murghkhor) not going to take the time to counter each and every one of your points. Needless to say, I disagree with you and don't have time to back up all the myriad examples of why Tate, Crable, Butler were horrible picks and bonafide busts."  And so, this neatly wraps this lil' situation up pretty nicely...

~FINALLY (from JayShizzle)... 
    "These are all reasonable rationales, but the last part about Price is false. Price is NOT hurt, as he was dressed for the game 2 weeks ago. Not sure about last week, but he has plenty of time to heal that hammie, he is just simply not being used. Right now there are excuses for him, but coming out the bye week if they dont start to slowly integrate him, you have to think he has no future here.
    Even Tate as a rookie coming off a F riggin ACL surgery still got in the games late in the season,"
    ...We're able to successfully conclude that whether he (Price) is actually currently needed or not on the field due to NE's current greater use of the 2 TE scheme, having a slew of RBs and an actual running game, AND/Or being 5 and 1-- NOT ANY of this In zero fashion, should trump the obvious...Which is:  IF Tate was good enough to get reinjured, then Gahd-D#ng-it, Taylor Price should be good enough to get injured himself! 

Anything left out...?  And so, this is currently what we're workin' with.  We'll just go ahead and bring this to the table...