TB is to blame, Not the defence this week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

TB is to blame, Not the defence this week

Seeing posts again about it was the D's fault, actually this one has to go onto Tom's shoulders and the recievers, to many drops, too many bad routes to many turnovers. The D did a good job execpt the last few minutes of the game, but by then they had been on the field way too much. With the lack of offensive production and sustained drives, it was just a matter of time.

And to add to this point, Brady has played poorly the last 3 games. I'll say this i'm not looking forward to next weeks game. A resurgent Jets team against a powerhouse offense that has become inept = a long night.

Well I'll say it here and now, if we lose next week the playoffs will not happen and our season is basically shot, i know there is plenty of time left in the season but just a gut feeling this could be a 10-6 or 9-7 season which in our division wont get you into the playoffs.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week

Dang, you are so right..  what was he thinking on those two PI penalties?? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

For those who believe Brady is to blame, then I say to you, you must expect him to have your team up by more than one score. 

Otherwise, you defenders of the defense don't believe that defense is good enough to hold up when the games on the line. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

to the 2 koolade drinkers, sorry but brady has played like Crap last 3 weeks. Dont blame the D for yesterday thats on Tom, 2 int 1 fumble lost. Dudes thats a bad game, if this was UD6's Manning doing this for the last 3 weeks, you all would be screaming what a joke Manning is.

Life Long pats fan since 63, so i'm calling it as it was, Tom blew this game, dont blame the D, they were on the field an awful lot and if Tom didnt mess up and the offensive came alive prior to 5 minutes remaining in the game and actually had scores some points and kept the ball longer, the game would have had differnt outcome.

Next week will be sad, but ya know maybe a bad year (non playoff year) could be a good thing, light a fire under both his and BB's butt to get better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

jbag - what was the score with 1.5 minutes left?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week:
    [QUOTE]jbag - what was the score with 1.5 minutes left?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

oh I undestand, the D blew that 3 point lead, but you really can't blame a D for colapsing after been on the field most of the day, The O blew this game in the first 55 minutes of the game. If this was a day were we saw the game 33 to 30 loss and the Pats O on the field with good drives all day, then i'd say yes blame the D, but it wasn't, the D played great until that last drive (well great for this D). This games loss is squarly on the O and Tom Terrifics shoulders.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Sometimes other teams execute well, too.  Its not always about your team.  Give the Giants some credit.  Its likely they deserve it. 

That said, in a tight game if a team can get you up with a minute and a half to go, the d should find a way to keep the opponent out of the endzone with 80 yard to work with. 

Remember, Belichick is a defensive genius. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

[QUOTE]Sometimes other teams execute well, too.  Its not always about your team.  Give the Giants some credit.  Its likely they deserve it.  That said, in a tight game if a team can get you up with a minute and a half to go, the d should find a way to keep the opponent out of the endzone with 80 yard to work with.  Remember, Belichick is a defensive genius. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Not this year he isn't, but who knows what he is trying to build for next year. But when you have a horrible D that gives you a superb effort all game long scoring more than 17 points and turning it over 4 times is not how you reward them. Again this loss is on the Offense in my opionion not the D, Tom played like Crap , the recievers had problems catching the ball and running correct routes.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week : 342 yard and two TDs with at least 7 passes that should have been caught is blowing the game?  It's Brady's fault that eh was strip-sacked?  It's Brady's fault that it took the Gints one play to go ten yards?  It's Brady's fault that Chung didn't get that INT? Get a clue.
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

God people with stats who like to leave out the most important stat, 2 INT , 1 Lost fumble (oh yeah on the 12yd line). Please if your going to spit stats , atleast spit the full Stat,. And yes its Brady's fault for the strip sack, Every one knows who has played the game.. HOLD ONTO THE BALL..  but that being said, if it was just the strip sack i'd have agreed but, he threw 2 picks and he was off mostly the whole day execpt the last drive. Dude i watched the game i watch it every week, HE WAS OFF ... the whole game, he threw into coverage constantly we were just lucky they only picked 2....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Agree with jjbag.  Two INTs and a fumble by TB are hard to overcome.  Yes, he tried to bring the team back and did, but he played effectively for only the last quarter.  TB has had four average games, three of which the team has lost and the fourth against Cowboys was barely won, thanks to Garrett.

If TB does not improve his play, with our defense, there will not be any playoffs for the team this year!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I think you guys always give Brady a pass.  Brady has to be held accountable.  i am one of the biggest TB fan out there, but, he is not on his game has of late.  I am confident he will get it together.  Tom is human guys.  He made some mistakes during this game that hurted the team.  To give the Giants credit they played a good game.  We have to be able to play a better game.  This team is losing its swagger.  We have to get that back.  We have to set the tempo during these close games. it start with coaching and then the captains on the team.  We have to hope as fans that this problem is fixable before it is to late.  I hop no one is jumping off the bandwagon.  I am here win or lose.  Is it time to panic. Not really, but you better have your finger on the panic button.  It is crunch time.  We can do it guys

LETS GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

[QUOTE]I think you guys always give Brady a pass.  Brady has to be held accountable.  i am one of the biggest TB fan out there, but, he is not on his game has of late.  I am confident he will get it together.  Tom is human guys.  He made some mistakes during this game that hurted the team.  To give the Giants credit they played a good game.  We have to be able to play a better game.  This team is losing its swagger.  We have to get that back.  We have to set the tempo during these close games. it start with coaching and then the captains on the team.  We have to hope as fans that this problem is fixable before it is to late.  I hop no one is jumping off the bandwagon.  I am here win or lose.  Is it time to panic. Not really, but you better have your finger on the panic button.  It is crunch time.  We can do it guys LETS GO PATRIOTS!!!!!
    Posted by mississippipatfan[/QUOTE]

Well said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Tom didnt do us any favors in that game.. and he has been playing sub par these last few weeks.  That being said.. he had us in a position to win the game in the final minutes.  The defense played well most of the game, but really choked in the final drive. 

I think it was Kyle Arrington who just RUNS right into the NYG receiver in the endzone!  Then Arrington gets up and looks at the ref like... "WHAT?..ME?..WHO?.."  Jack Wagon..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week : So is Jim Caldwell. He learned from Dungheap.
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

Not really - Dungy wouldn't have called that TO vs. the Jets last year in the playoffs.  He would have forced them to earn their victory under much more difficult circumstances and given the colts a better chance to win.  

Caldwell proved then that he was no genius.  Then again, no one claims he's a genius either like they do belichick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week : Not this year he isn't, but who knows what he is trying to build for next year. But when you have a horrible D that gives you a superb effort all game long scoring more than 17 points and turning it over 4 times is not how you reward them. Again this loss is on the Offense in my opionion not the D, Tom played like Crap , the recievers had problems catching the ball and running correct routes.
    Posted by jjbag[/QUOTE]
    I'll buy that.  The d stinks, but they held up enough in this game.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

He really was off the mark all day. He missed a bunch of open recievers. The 1st PI was total BS. It seems we have totally lost our confidence on both sides of the ball.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from devault. Show devault's posts

Offense lost the game by leaving 1:35 on the clock.  They could easily have ground the clock down but instead they run hurry up, people run out of bounds, passes are incomplete and the clock stops with 2:01, giving the Giants a free time out.  If you want to run the hurry to prevent substitutions, just get everyone to the line and let the clock tick.  Terrible clock management to blame for this loss. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

I generally agree... TB had a terrible game but he was able to get the lead with 1:26 left... then the "D" wet itself....it wizzed it's pants in the preceeding drive as well.
    Not defendning the offense either....it wet itself for 3 quarters
    Not a good recipe going foward folks.
    BB needs to add a lot of talent to this team.... it just does not have the talent to compete with the better teams in the league

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week : We're sorry you don't understand strategy. The Colts called time to out to save time so there would be more time left on the clock AFTER they gave up the score.  Otherwise, the Jests were going to let the clock run all the way down and then kick.
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]
    Everyone who cared heard what Caldwell's reasoning was.  That's the problem.  It was poor reasoning, and anyone who knew anything thought so too. 

With less than 30 seconds to go, the colts up 2, ball on the 32, 2nd down, and NY with 1 TO left, there's no way the colts are getting the ball back with any kind of field position or time.  Stupid call by Caldwell. 

Not surprised that you see logic in it, though.

Sections
Shortcuts