TB is to blame, Not the defence this week

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week

In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week:
    In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week : No one is asking him to be superhuman here.  You're spinning. 2 INTs, drive killing poor decisions, etc, are now a pattern in the shotgun base spread. Next week, NY will roll out man coverage.  I know this right now. Sure, they'll mi x in some zone, but they won't play a base zone. This means we need to line  up and run it downn their throats at that feeble RUn D. If we don't run BJGE early and often to get them to commit to play the run, this is over. It's over.  Because it will prove they won't adjust to make the offense better, Brady better, the O Line, the WRs, the TEs, etc. Ever wonder why Branch looks worse when Brady is int he shotgun spread? Even he isn't good in it like Ochocinco isn't. The only ones who are good in it are Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Agreed, 100%, we NEED to run the ball against the Jets.  This will take alot of pressure off Tom and the D.  They struggle against the run an we must take advantage.  Also agree about Branch in the spread, he just disappears

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I was hoping that Gronkowski would go down at the one so that we could run the clock down and not rely on our defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week : May I ask how old you are or what grade you are in? I had no idea today was a holiday in the state of MA. This discussion is so far above your IQ level, you look like a complete fool or doing this to be a troll.

I'm begining to think 'he' is actually a teenage girl with a huge crush on Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

I agree with jjbag, Tom Brady and his offsense were the problem. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week : it does matter. It mattered from 2001-2004 when our D benefitted greatly from limiting turnovers, managing the clock, trying to win field positon, etc. What you just said is exactly what's wrong. It's about 60 minutes, not wasting opps over the 60 minutes, pretending a last drive by Brady absolves him from poor performance throughout most of the game. He missed 14 total points in the first half alone.  1 INT, poor throw to Hernandez in endzone.  Add in the INT on the drive out of halftime, that's another wasted opp with the D right back on the field yet again. Brady also severely underthrew a wide open Ochocinco in the back of the end zone.

As I recall, from 2000 - 2004, the defense came up with plenty of last minute stops, stuffing the Colts on the 1 yards line 4 times comes to mind. Again, I am saying Brady played like crap....but there is no excuse for an NFL defense with a lead letting Eli Manning drive 80 yards in one minute.

Don't feed me some pile of crap about how they would have been in position to win if not for Brady's turnovers, they were in a position to win in spite of them and they screwed it up! He was terrible yesterday, but when the chips were down, he got the job done at the end, which is a lot more then the defense can say. You can slobber about how well the defense played throughout the game and how poor Brady was and you won't be wrong....but you are acting like Brady was the only reason they lost that game, when in fact, he got them the lead with 1:36 left.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Brady put 17 points on the board in the fourth quarter and he gets the blame for the loss?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

The point is that you don't need last minute heroics or defensive stands if you don't turn the freaking ball over multible times and score only 3 points in the first 3 quarters. Is Brady some sort of magic QB that ONLY he can mount an end of the game scoring drive? There are other good teams you know.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

TB is at fault for not trusting Ocho and over throwing him on 4 out of 5 of the passes he threw in Ocho's direction and he needs to trust his RB's more and not throw into triple coverage on Gronk every chance he gets! But with all that said the biiggest culprits in yesterday loss were the two back judges who threw PI flags when in both cases they were wrong! The first one on Arrington which gave the Giants a 35 yard penalty couldn't be called interference because tha ball hit arrington in the back before he even touched the receiver,the second one Brown didn't interfere with the receivers ability to catch the ball because it was thrown away and the worst that should have been called is incedental contact past the 5 yards allowed which is a 5 yard penalty and an automatic first down and in that situation Brown and the receiver simply tangled feet and the ref was out of position to see the whole play! the only interferenced calls that have been called against the Patriots always help the other team continue a drive or sets them up at the goal line and coincedentally there seems to always be a Manning involved....Too bad the refs are just like the NBA official who manned up and said he was told how to ref the games because the same thing is happening in the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: TB is to blame, Not the defence this week : No, I know for a fact that he was wide open, Brady waited too long and he underthrew him just like he did when he was inacurrate not leading Occhocinco in Buffalo on that crossing route. Brady is either hiding an injury we don't know about, too far gone with his power calling plays during games or he's on the verge of being done in his career. I don't buy the latter, but I do buy the middle choice.

I have been considering all three of late. 

He had chronic shoulder injuries reported every week for years straight, but now nothing.  They concealed his broken ribs before.  He took many hits this season so far. 

He is throwing way too often vs. the run.  Even the best QBs have been guilty of that sin when given the leeway, so maybe he is the one stopping running plays fomr being used when he makes his adjustments.

And he is getting into the years that QBs start to lose it, though I would not expect it so soon of a pocket passer like Brady.  You expect it more with a Namath, Young, etc.  This would seem least likely of the three, but it is not beyond the realm of possibllities.

Sections
Shortcuts