TBC released!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: TBC released!!!

its possible its just for some players comeing off the pup list,but i guess we will know by 4 oclock tomorrow. maybe they cut him to extend this guys contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2261

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

will be brought back. Some kind of manuevering.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: TBC released!!!:
    No way. Demarcus Ware sign and trade. Dallas gets Thomas and a first, NE gets Ware and a trophy. 
    Posted by zbellino

Now that's what I want to hear.  No more BS about those losers Merriman and Lewis.  Ware is the only "impact player" out there worthy of a last minute trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i wouldnt mind ware or merriman,but there might not be a trade for anyone.but its nice to think of the possibilities.by the way mighty i have a pic of  sean peyton for you on the saints going undefeated post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

will be brought back. Some kind of manuevering.
    Posted by mstringr

Some thoughts:

1. We have been working with 2 QBs all year so we can carry an extra OL. Even if Light is out for a while there is no reason to create a spot for LeVoir. Plus they have a few weeks to make that decision - they would not release TBC for LeVoir.
    2. Tate is a rookie that has no practice time with the Pats. I think it is highly unlikely that they release TBC before Tate ever hits the practice field.
    3. If we trade Thomas for Ware we do not have to release TBC - one for one swap.
    4. BB implied that Thomas was not as versatile as others so he sat. One of the versatile ones is TBC, so he was not cut for versatility. TBC is tied for the team lead in sacks - Burgess has zero, so TBC was not cut for performance.
    5. Galloway can not be released - someone will pick him up. So he has to be deactivated every week until a replacement is ready - either a trade by tomorrow or Tate or Nunn - those are the only three choices.
    6. Thomas has a big salary number.
    7. If we trade Thomas for one guy or Galloway for one guy, then there is no reason for an extra roster spot - TBC's roster spot.
    8. We have multiple second round picks in 2010 and two first round picks in 2011.
    9. Pats have never made a trade this early, but the "bad" teams have never been this bad either. There are some awful teams and they know they have to rebuild.
    10. We played with only BJGE and Faulk for a few games last year - so having 3 RBs probably does not scare BB, but he tried to carry an extra RB to avoid that situation this year.

The idea of Thomas and a pick for Ware is a good one but does not explain the TBC release. I do not know the guys available from the bad teams, but it has to be two defenders for Thomas and picks. Otherwise why would TBC be released? At least one of the two guys has to be highly paid to offset Thomas' salary. If the Denver game did not convince you we need a pass rush even with TBC and Burgess than you must have been sleeping.

I think they will try to trade Galloway for a pick and if not he will be released this week. Nunn will fill the spot but not necessarily be on the 45 man roster.

Peppers? Carolina looked awful - they need to rebuild. We would only have to absorb part of Peppers salary since he played 6 games for Carolina?

It has to be someone really good to let go of Thomas and give away draft picks.

All roads have to point to the same solution.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

morris injury isnt serious.Posted by mosseffect43

How do you know that? I saw it live up close, and I saw it on TV several times. It looked really, REALLY bad. His leg pretty much bent in half...like a "U" shape.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

the TBC situation

How many times was Hank Poteat released and resigned?  also I think Randall Gay was another guy who never gave up his apartment lease!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: TBC released!!! : I'll put my money on a trade in the works too.
    Posted by carawaydj

Who do the raiders have available?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dienasty. Show dienasty's posts

the TBC situation How many times was Hank Poteat released and resigned?  also I think Randall Gay was another guy who never gave up his apartment lease!
    Posted by mgraham

Hank poteat was the last guy on the depth chart in the secondary. TBC is not that. That might belong to Eric Alexander or Rob N. It has to be a trade or cap manuever. It wouldn't be for Merriman because he is active tonight. They wouldn't make roster cuts to trade for a guy who could get injured tonight. Dallas was on a by this week right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: TBC released!!! : Who do the raiders have available?
    Posted by underdogg

Richard Seymour.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: TBC released!!! : How do you know that? I saw it live up close, and I saw it on TV several times. It looked really, REALLY bad. His leg pretty much bent in half...like a "U" shape.
    Posted by KellieMB
    he is injured,but the way things are being said it dosent sound like its for the rest of the season.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/187612

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: TBC released!!! : Richard Seymour.
    Posted by zbellino

I was thinking the same thing. I'll bet Oakland would part with him for say a 6th round pick.  5th if they drive a hard bargain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

TBC's release is another one of those "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story" transactions.  When smart people do things that don't appear smart, there is most always a Paul Harvey Rest of the Story.  Maybe we'll know, maybe we won't.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

that would be funny.they give up a first for him,and we get him back for a mid round pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

housekeeping

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

why is no one talking about Rob Ninkovich?  hes young, and IMO has a ton of upside.  in the loss to denver he was in for 8 snaps recording a sack and a pass def.  in the titans game he was in for 14 snaps recording 6 tackles.  with some fine-tuning and some good coaching he could be legit in the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

cutting TBC dosent seem to make much sense, It saves us nothing we still have to pay him and it still goes against our cap, If you are going to trade a guy you don't cut him first, the only thing we get out of this situation is a roster spot so the AD trade means nothing since that would be a 1 for 1 anyways.  If light is not out for the year it seems stupid to cut TBC for Levoir, especially since seabass seems to be playing well so far, so to have so many O line guys and get rid of a guy who is tied for the lead in sacks, on an already thin D Line, doesn't seem to make much sense.  I can't see any reason for this... but then again thats why BB is running the show not me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: TBC released!!! : I was thinking the same thing. I'll bet Oakland would part with him for say a 6th round pick.  5th if they drive a hard bargain.
    Posted by underdogg

Trade Seymour back to N.E.?  No way.

Seymour was instrumental in yesterday's win, highlighted by two sacks.  YOu know he can only help that locker room. Even Davis isn't so dim as to dump a successful player.

Besides that, I heard a rumor that BB does not like Seymour and was all to glad to move him.  

They don't need D-line help.  They need a LB, a runner, a 3rd or 4th receiver. Those are the only needs.  Seymour does not fit those needs and he has that nasty contract ending. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwkorten. Show cwkorten's posts

New theory.... maybe BB didn't cut TBC out of performance issues or salary cap need.

What if he just released him because he knew that TBC was "safe" on the shadow roster. And maybe, just maybe, BB and TBC have reached some kind of an agreement that this is an administrative move to make a claim on someone off a Practice Squad, or in a trade. After all TBC has already done the free agent thing and has come back, so there is no "grass is greener" thing for him. He's having a good season and the staff have found a way to play to his strengths. And I'm thinking that no one is likely to sign TBC at this point in the season, anyway.

If Morris or Light or Sanders or Taylor go to IR, then TBC may be right back on the roster.

There's the London game, and then the bye week. releasing him now with the intention to bring him back later is really no big deal. BB used more exotic gimmics than this in the past to get creative with the 53-man roster limit.

Sections
Shortcuts