TD to INT Ratio

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: TD to INT Ratio

I don't want to see anything less then 3:1.  2.5:1 at the very lowest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Trap question.   It's a team game and these type of stats can be very misleading.  Just off the top of my head I knew Dan Marino, a HOF QB, had a ratio under 2.  I looked it up and it turned out to be 1.66.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady's usually 2-1 or better, but 1.8-1 is good enough. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Brady has 334 touchdowns and 123 interceptions.  He probably has the best career ratio in NFL history but I have not been able to confirm that.  He certainly has the best record for a season--50 and 8 in 2007.  This  seems like a record that will never be broken.  This is  one area where Peyton Manning has not measured up to Brady--he has 436 touchdowns and 209 interceptions.    His ratio is much lower than Brady's. 

I think 2:1 is usually considered very good--and desirable for modern quarterbacks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

What is your barometer for a good TD/INT ratio?  I'll start:

2:1

Discuss:

it can depend on the amount of either so I ask you this little twist to think about:

would you rather have 18 TD 3 INT  or  38 TD 24 INT ??

i know there are a lot of variables but I mean this just at face value

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Very good NFL seasons will see a quarterback have a TD to INT ratio of over 2 with elite seasons over 3.5.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

Brady has 334 touchdowns and 123 interceptions.  He probably has the best career ratio in NFL history but I have not been able to confirm that.  He certainly has the best record for a season--50 and 8 in 2007.  This  seems like a record that will never be broken.  This is  one area where Peyton Manning has not measured up to Brady--he has 436 touchdowns and 209 interceptions.    His ratio is much lower than Brady's. 

I think 2:1 is usually considered very good--and desirable for modern quarterbacks. 

Actually, since the topic was ratio, his 2010 season with 36 TDs and 4 INTs was better mathematically.  Like I said earlier, stats can be misleading.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

No reason in this day and age why a good QB cannot have at least 2:1, Marino played when defenses were still allowed to look at WRs without drawing flags. Brady and Peyton both started in that type of game, but once the rules changes you saw both of their ratios improve. That's why the career ratio of someone like Rodgers is not all that impressive to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

in modern nfl 2.5:1 its a good ratio

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Brady's playoff ratio since 2005 is nowhere near 2:1, folks.

28 TDs 19 INTs.

AFC title games since 2007 (at home):

8 TDs 9 INTs

A 2:1 ratio is just like a what you look for with a pitcher and the strikeout/walk ratio, which also targets at 2:1.

I posted this thread to show why an 8:1 ratio in the regular season, for example in 2010, with a finesse, shotgun offense is somewhat pointless to run when it generates such a poor ratio in the postseason.

No one is even asking for 6:1, 7:1, or even 8:1.

Just give me 2:1 and a run game that you commit to in the fiirst half.

What's the D's pick ratio in the playoffs compared to the regular season?  It was 2.4 per game in the rs.   What was it in the play-offs?  The 2 SB's?   OH, yea, ZILCH!

Good defenses like the ones the Pats play in the post season get picks.  Bad ones don't!

Picks are relative to ALL 22 players on the field at the time.  The QB,  the receivers, the O-line and the defenders they are playing, all have a part in picks.  Get it?

Thanks for playing but your services are no longer needed.  Consider this your pink slip.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Troll

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:

No reason in this day and age why a good QB cannot have at least 2:1, Marino played when defenses were still allowed to look at WRs without drawing flags. Brady and Peyton both started in that type of game, but once the rules changes you saw both of their ratios improve. That's why the career ratio of someone like Rodgers is not all that impressive to me.

ROT - rodgers is the best in the game and that's just to knock him

imagine if he could stand back there and have a cup of coffee like Brady before throwing he would be even better!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Eli won the SB in 2007 with a 1.2:1 in 2007

Eli won SB in 2011 with a 1.8:1 in 2011

Flacco won SB last season with a 2.2:1

Rothlisberger won the SB with a 1.1:1 in 2008

Rogers won SB in 2010 with a 2.5:1

Brees won a SB in 2009 with a 3:1

None of these teams had great run offenses.

Out of the last 6 Super Bowl winning teams the Patriots had more rushing yards 4 out of the 6 seasons then the winning SB team had.

2012 Rushing Yards Pats 2184, SB winner Ravens 1901

2011 Rushing yards Pats 1764, SB winner Giants 1427

2010 Rushing Yards Pats 1973, SB winner Packers 1606

2009 Rushing Yards Pats 1921, SB winner Saints 2106

2008 Rushing Yards Pats 2278, SB winner Steelers 1690

2007 Rushing Yards= Pats 1849, SB winner Giants 2148

I don't get the point of this thread.  It's all about matchups on that given day.

Rusty selling wolf tickets still.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Eli won the SB in 2007 with a 1.2:1 in 2007

Eli won SB in 2011 with a 1.8:1 in 2011

Flacco won SB last season with a 2.2:1

Rothlisberger won the SB with a 1.1:1 in 2008

Rogers won SB in 2010 with a 2.5:1

Brees won a SB in 2009 with a 3:1

None of these teams had great run offenses.

Out of the last 6 Super Bowl winning teams the Patriots had more rushing yards 4 out of the 6 seasons then the winning SB team had.

2012 Rushing Yards Pats 2184, SB winner Ravens 1901

2011 Rushing yards Pats 1764, SB winner Giants 1427

2010 Rushing Yards Pats 1973, SB winner Packers 1606

2009 Rushing Yards Pats 1921, SB winner Saints 2106

2008 Rushing Yards Pats 2278, SB winner Steelers 1690

2007 Rushing Yards= Pats 1849, SB winner Giants 2148

I don't get the point of this thread.  It's all about matchups on that given day.

Rusty selling wolf tickets still.

with that said i will ask u tfb what i posted above:

u rather have a qb go 18 TD 3 INT  or  38 TD  22 INT ??

just at face value

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

It's a huge factor in the difference between winning and losing. Brady is always one of if not the best in the regular season and he used to be in the playoffs where he won his first 10 games. Look at Flacco this Post season, he was perfect. Turnovers more than anything else determine who wins. It's not everything but they are very difficult for even the best teams to overcome. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Oh yeah and I'd say at least 2-1. Brady is even better than that in the regular season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

with that said i will ask u tfb what i posted above:

u rather have a qb go 18 TD 3 INT  or  38 TD  22 INT ??

just at face value

Neither one.

18 td's you are not getting enough production out of your QB even if you have a superb running game.  You gotta have a superb running production and top notch D to win with that, and you certainly aren't going to build a dynasty type team with a qb throwing 18 td's a season.

As far as 38 tds, 22 ints you need a top notch defense getting a lot of turnovers, more then 22, to be successful.  Again, you are not going to build a dynasty with a QB turning the ball over like that without having a stellar defense year in and year out getting a lot more turnovers then giving up.

Again, I want at least a 3:1 ratio and certainly no less then 2.5:1!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Let's put the rusty creep's notion, that it's all TB's fault, to bed right now.

I have done some research in the INT problem and the one UNDENIABLE fact is that not all ints are the fault of the QB.  In fact, from what I can gather, it's only about 35% QB fault.  The other 65% can be attributed to supporting cast, whether it is a offensive line breakdown, receiver error or the position your own defense puts you in or the defenders you are playing..  They all contribute!  Actual bad throws are in the minority.

Adjusted QB's int ratios take into account, tipped passes, last 2 minute of the half ints, hail mary's and dropped ints by the D and whether or not you are behind and throwing to catch up with defenses better able to defend that.  When a QB is forced to throw more, out of desperation, ints happen way more frequently, because the D knows what's coming.

See AFC /Ravens games.

(which is the main reason NE's D is able to get so many ints during blowout games and almost none in close and play-off games)  They don't have the luxury of a big lead!

Unfortunately, most of the stats I found relate to high int QB's because they are more frequently scrutinized but I'm confident that the same holds true for all QB's.

Here is a breakdown for Cassel's ints last year (7 games).  Only 4 of his 11 ints were deemed his fault, 36%.  7 were tipped by the receiver and one was a hail mary.

Similar results were found to be true for other high int %, QB's such as Romo and Eli.

Casselbyqtr_originalSo Crusty creep, unless you can prove that TB's ints are all his fault and not a result of supporting cast, the D's they are playing and situational football, STFU.  None of us, excluding your parrots who are incapable of an original thought, want to hear your crap any more!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

28 TDs 19 INTs.

AFC title games since 2007 (at home):

8 TDs 9 INTs

A 2:1 ratio is just like a what you look for with a pitcher and the strikeout/walk ratio, which also targets at 2:1.

I posted this thread to show why an 8:1 ratio in the regular season, for example in 2010, with a finesse, shotgun offense is somewhat pointless to run when it generates such a poor ratio in the postseason.

No one is even asking for 6:1, 7:1, or even 8:1.

So his 9-2 ratio overall in the SB should make you happy.

And his 3-1 ratio in the last 2 SBs in which the defense collapsed to blow a lead at the end of the game should make you happy as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I knew Bass would eventually turn this into a somewhat Brady bashing when he came up with the playoff numbers.  You just knew this was setting that up.

Bass..  GIVE IT UP!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I knew Bass would eventually turn this into a somewhat Brady bashing when he came up with the playoff numbers.  You just knew this was setting that up.

Bass..  GIVE IT UP!!!

Yup!  And it isn't working.  Rusty selling wolf tickets folks!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Bass..  GIVE IT UP!!!

Tell Babe (and Pezzy with Hurl) to stop trolling.  A smart person should know I was going to introduce that. 

Once the Irrationals concede that Brady has to be better in a QB/offensive era, in his preferred style offense, that will be the end of it.

They just won't do it.  That's part of the problem.  In fact, their anger shows they can't admit it. Instead of saying "wow, I had no idea it was that bad", they lash out knowing how bad it is, but attacking me instead.

Throw Babe's behavior in here and there is no way on god's green earth this board should allow his trolling.

Dispute the FACT that the majority of those ints are relative to the supporting cast, situational Foot Ball and the defenders they are playing or S T H of the short comings U.

Go ahead, troll!  This is your opportunity to prove yourself correct and the rest of the world, wrong.

Not one person in here has said Brady is blameless, troll!  It's only in your sick little mind and in defense of your beebee.