TD to INT Ratio

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: TD to INT Ratio

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I knew Bass would eventually turn this into a somewhat Brady bashing when he came up with the playoff numbers.  You just knew this was setting that up.

Bass..  GIVE IT UP!!!

Tell Babe (and Pezzy with Hurl) to stop trolling.  A smart person should know I was going to introduce that. 

Once the Irrationals concede that Brady has to be better in a QB/offensive era, in his preferred style offense, that will be the end of it.

They just won't do it.  That's part of the problem.  In fact, their anger shows they can't admit it. Instead of saying "wow, I had no idea it was that bad", they lash out knowing how bad it is, but attacking me instead.

Throw Babe's behavior in here and there is no way on god's green earth this board should allow his trolling.

Dispute the FACT that the majorityof those ints are relative to the supporting cast, situational Foot Ball and the defenders they are playing or S T H of the short comings U.

Go ahead, troll!  This is your opportunity to prove yourself correct and the rest of the world, wrong.

Not one person in here has said Brady is blameless, troll!  It's only in your sick little mind and in defense of your beebee.

You have never once said a word about his last 3 AFC title games and those performances or his 4th qtr meltdown in SB 46.

Your spinning right now, proves that.

You are now trying to make it seem like his poor decisions are now on everyone else. I am not talking about passes where he's under pressue or even tipped balls.  I am talking about INTs on 1st downs due to a reckless decision or poor execution on his part.

And, finally, very obviously, this is his choice offense in the shotgun spread which mean he has to be held responsible for these bad games.

"I prefer the shotgun."

All these plays come in the shotgun!

Do you seriously want me to email WEEI and have them dig up that interview from 2010 so you can hear it from his mouth?

You clearly are not a diehard fan if his awful INTS with leads don't anger you. Your transplanting your anger towards me for the anger you should have for his brain dead postseason play.

It's like, if we don't match up well vs a defense, we lose the game. Automatically. Why? Shotgun spread base offense. By choice. Tom Brady's choice and preference.

But, hey, I think BB has pulled the plug on it.

He's also moving to more 3-4 for more athletic mid field pass D.  Each move should help.

But, we're still going nowhere if our QB is going to average 2 INTs in these playoff games. There are too many good QBs out there for our D to be asked to cover for him so he can throw some more, just because he wants to.  No. Under center. Hand it off.

Not spinning at all.  My premise has ALWAYS been that the majority of the shortcomings haven't been his fault.  Majority is not all inclusive.  Good throw, bad throw, int or TD, all require a supporting cast.

You cannot blame one player.

Anyone who does is nothing but a rusty fool with an agenda!

Now prove that those ints were his fault or shut up.  If you can't, then you have no leg to stand on, PERIOD!  Can't make it any more clear!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I knew Bass would eventually turn this into a somewhat Brady bashing when he came up with the playoff numbers.  You just knew this was setting that up.

Bass..  GIVE IT UP!!!

Tell Babe (and Pezzy with Hurl) to stop trolling.  A smart person should know I was going to introduce that. 

Once the Irrationals concede that Brady has to be better in a QB/offensive era, in his preferred style offense, that will be the end of it.

They just won't do it.  That's part of the problem.  In fact, their anger shows they can't admit it. Instead of saying "wow, I had no idea it was that bad", they lash out knowing how bad it is, but attacking me instead.

Throw Babe's behavior in here and there is no way on god's green earth this board should allow his trolling.

Dispute the FACT that the majorityof those ints are relative to the supporting cast, situational Foot Ball and the defenders they are playing or S T H of the short comings U.

Go ahead, troll!  This is your opportunity to prove yourself correct and the rest of the world, wrong.

Not one person in here has said Brady is blameless, troll!  It's only in your sick little mind and in defense of your beebee.

You have never once said a word about his last 3 AFC title games and those performances or his 4th qtr meltdown in SB 46.

You are now trying to make it seem like his poor decisions are now on everyone else. I am not talking about passes where he's under pressue or even tipped balls.  I am talking about INTs on 1st downs due to a reckless decision or poor execution on his part.

And, finally, very obviously, this is his choice offense in the shotgun spread which mean he has to be held responsible for these bad games.

"I prefer the shotgun."

Do you seriously want me to email WEEI and have them dig up that interview from 2010 so you can hear it from his mouth?

You clearly are not a diehard fan if his awful INTS with leads don't anger you. Your transplanting your anger towards me for the anger you should have for his brain dead postseason play.

It's like, if we don't match up well vs a defense, we lose the game. Automatically. Why? Shotgun spread base offense. By choice. Tom Brady's choice and preference.

He's also moving to more 3-4 for more athletic mid field pass D.  Each move should help.

But, we're still going nowhere if our QB is going to average 2 INTs in these playoff games. There are too many good QBs out there for our D to be asked to cover for him so he can throw some more, just because he wants to.  No. Under center. Hand it off.

Not spinning at all.  My premise has ALWAYS been that the majorityof the shortcomings haven't been his fault.  Good throw, bad throw, int or TD, all require a supporting cast.

Anyone who does is nothing but a rusty fool!

Now prove that those ints were his fault or shut up.  If you can't, then you have no leg to stand on, PERIOD!  Can't make it any more clear!

I am well aware that an INT or him rushing a throw is not ALL on him, but what about the decisions with the Slater INT in the 2011 AFC title game or the one to Gronk in the SB?

Literally, before each play everyone in the room is saying "now, just don't turn it over".

Cannot be made up. Can't! What's the next play?!!  An INT with him winding up (technically, this is  a huge flaw of his) and it was on 1st down!  How is this on someone else?

These are decision based INTs. He is the QB, Johnnie Cochrane.

A complete waste!  It's almost like he's trying to make it more exciting or being paid off.

It's beyond mindnumbingly dumb!  These aren't nice plays by the opposing D's, these are poor throws in big moments.

Get over it. He sucked and we lost.

Again, approximately 35% (bad throws) can be attributed to the QB.  The other 65% is the supporting cast, situational football and the defenders they are playing.

I am more than willing to concede that 35% were probably his fault.  Can you concede that the remaining 65% was not?

Simple question, requiring a simple yes or no answer.  Show us your grapes, crusty.

You got any?

I have to leave for about an hour.  Be back to see if your grapes are really raisins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

What is your barometer for a good TD/INT ratio?  I'll start:

2:1

Discuss:

it can depend on the amount of either so I ask you this little twist to think about:

would you rather have 18 TD 3 INT  or  38 TD 24 INT ??

i know there are a lot of variables but I mean this just at face value

On "pure" face value with no other information on how any other thing is invloved I want the 18 TD and 3 INT. Nothing good generally comes from turing the ball over.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Bass..  GIVE IT UP!!!

"I prefer the shotgun."

Not spinning at all.  My premise has ALWAYS been that the majorityof the shortcomings haven't been his fault.  Good throw, bad throw, int or TD, all require a supporting cast.

I am well aware that an INT or him rushing a throw is not ALL on him, but what about the decisions with the Slater INT in the 2011 AFC title game or the one to Gronk in the SB?

Literally, before each play everyone in the room is saying "now, just don't turn it over".

Cannot be made up. Can't! What's the next play?!!  An INT with him winding up (technically, this is  a huge flaw of his) and it was on 1st down!  How is this on someone else?

A complete waste!  It's almost like he's trying to make it more exciting or being paid off.

It's beyond mindnumbingly dumb!  These aren't nice plays by the opposing D's, these are poor throws in big moments.

Again, approximately 35% (bad throws) can be attributed to the QB.  The other 65% is the supporting cast, situational football and the defenders they are playing.

I am more than willing to concede that 35% were probably his fault.  Can you concede that the remaining 65% was not?

Simple question, requiring a simple yes or no answer.  Show us your grapes, crusty.

You got any?

I have to leave for about an hour.  Be back to see if your grapes are really raisins.

Where is this 35% or 65% derived from?

I just showed you and common sense would indicate there are too many other variables involved.  Feel free to reaseach it yourself.

RAISINS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I am not talking about passes where he's under pressue or even tipped balls.

You have griped ad nauseum about his INT to Gronk during which he miraculously escaped from a collapsing pocket. You have done the same about his tipped INT in the Ravens' game.

Your every word is a joke.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You have griped ad nauseum about his INT to Gronk during which he miraculously escaped from a collapsing pocket. You have done the same about his tipped INT in the Ravens' game.

"Miraculously" escaped?

So, a scramble to the right, where he could have run forward and slid or just thrown it away is "miraculous"?

Here's an idea!  Don''t be afraid to run Tommy!  No D thinks you want to, want to hand it off, want to get under Center, so use that to your advantage!

Jesus Christ.

Why am I knowing what's good for Brady as a QB in the NFL more than Tom Brady who is going to the HOF?

Who kidnapped Tom Brady?

No dumbkoff. We really don't need our 35 yo QB running the ball. Learn the damned game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

"Miraculously" escaped?

So, a scramble to the right, where he could have run forward and slid or just thrown it away is "miraculous"?

Here's an idea!  Don''t be afraid to run Tommy!  No D thinks you want to, want to hand it off, want to get under Center, so use that to your advantage!

Jesus Christ.

Why am I knowing what's good for Brady as a QB in the NFL more than Tom Brady who is going to the HOF?

Who kidnapped Tom Brady?

No dumbkoff. We really don't need our 35 yo QB running the ball. Learn the damned game.

So, when it's time for an NFL QB to slide to the right, left or run a few steps forward, now due to age, you don't want Brady to do that nor do you think he is reponsible to do that?

Then, he should retire.

See, this is the part, where you are so cornered with your antics and premises, that you start saying REALLY stupid things.

This is another one.

If I'm HC of a team and my QB is 35 I'm telling him don't run - EVER. I'd rather miss out on a 1st down or whatever than see my HOFer sitting on the bench with a concussion or a bad wheel arm etc. Sliding is no guarantee a guy isn't going to smash him while he's vulnerable dumbkoff.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Bass..  GIVE IT UP!!!

"I prefer the shotgun."

You got any?

I just showed you and common sense would indicate there are too many other variables involved.  Feel free to reaseach it yourself.

RAISINS!

You didn't show anyone anything with those metrics, googling that and coming back with a colorful red chart. lol

I just asked you point blank why his 1st down INTs, which are decision based INTs, which apply to your "35%" portion, are ok for our team.

Those INTs are so god awful in those contexts (with a lead in the 4th qtr on 1st down), that since those fall in the "35%" pocket, it's worth MORE than if it fell into the excuse in the "65%" pocket.

Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, etc, BLOW as QBs for this reason.

Why on earth do you want that kind of QBing here for us?  Why?

It's called focus, game management.

Even Brady's bad decision before half this year in the title game was poor. We could have been up 17-7 instead of 13-7 at the half.

That and Welker's drop on 3rd and 7 were essentially the ball game, because it flips momentum.

Did you even hear harbaugh at halftime? He said "I like where we're at". I agree!  He should have!

Down by 6 points on the road with Talib and Jones down?  Where is our offense?  They even bungle easy catches or end zone tries with clock management!

Wake up!

God,, you are dense.  35% his fault means those you mentioned would fall into that category.

It also means that 65% wouldn't.

As part of my research, I looked at articles that dissected poor QB performance.  What I found is the majority of Ints were not the QB's fault.  For instance besides my colorful chart, I researched several articles readily available to all.  (like I said, feel free to do some work yourself).  From what I found, the majority of ints were receiver errors.  For example in Romo's 5 int game it was reported that 3 of the 5 were caused by receiver tipped balls one was a receiver route and only one was actually his fault.  That's only 20%.  The same types of info are also supplied on QB's such as Eli, Sanchez, Flacco, and more, with similar results.

Luck's interceptions can mostly be attributed to his long balls.  Mid and long range throws are the most susceptible to ints.   This is common knowledge.

I also looked at variables as to when most ints occur.  Forth quarter leads and is directly reflective on throws that wouldn't happen if the team was not losing or trying to extend a lead.  This is when they are easier to defend and most vulnerable.  Hail Marys also factor in and are not counted against QB's in adjusted QB ratios.  Most ints are NOT in the first quarter but increase toward the end of BOTH halves.  Situational.

So given the facts, you can continue to bash TB for what appears to be a lacking team effort or we can continue to laugh at you and call you the fool that you are.

It's your choice.  I'm pretty sure we'll continue to laugh.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, if your premise is not to run ever,

I would tell him to not ever run goofball.

That way he would only run when it was a no brainer easy yards with no possibility  of being hit, otherwise he would get castigated.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Bass..  GIVE IT UP!!!

"I prefer the shotgun."

You got any?

RAISINS!

You didn't show anyone anything with those metrics, googling that and coming back with a colorful red chart. lol

I just asked you point blank why his 1st down INTs, which are decision based INTs, which apply to your "35%" portion, are ok for our team.

Those INTs are so god awful in those contexts (with a lead in the 4th qtr on 1st down), that since those fall in the "35%" pocket, it's worth MORE than if it fell into the excuse in the "65%" pocket.

Even Brady's bad decision before half this year in the title game was poor. We could have been up 17-7 instead of 13-7 at the half.

That and Welker's drop on 3rd and 7 were essentially the ball game, because it flips momentum.

Did you even hear harbaugh at halftime? He said "I like where we're at". I agree!  He should have!

Down by 6 points on the road with Talib and Jones down?  Where is our offense?  They even bungle easy catches or end zone tries with clock management!

Wake up!

God,, you are dense.  35% his fault means those you mentioned would fall into that category.

As part of my research, I looked at articles that dissected poor QB performance.  What I found is the majority of Ints were not the QB's fault.  For instance besides my colorful chart, I researched several articles readily available to all.  (like I said, feel free to do some work yourself).  From what I found, the majority of ints were receiver errors.  For example in Romo's 5 int game it was reported that 3 of the 5 were caused by receiver tipped balls one was a receiver route and only one was actually his fault.  That's only 20%.  The same types of info are also supplied on QB's such as Eli, Sanchez, Flacco, and more, with similar results.

Luck's interceptions can mostly be attributed to his long balls.  Mid and long range throws are the most susceptible to ints.   This is common knowledge.

I also looked at variables as to when most ints occur.  Forth quarter leads and is directly reflective on throws that wouldn't happen if the team was not losing or trying to extend a lead.  This is when they are easier to defend and most vulnerable.  Hail Marys also factor in and are not counted against QB's in adjusted QB ratios.  Most ints are NOT in the first quarter but increase toward the end of BOTH halves.  Situational.

So given the facts, you can continue to bash TB for what appears to be a lacking team effort or we can continue to laugh at you and call you the fool that you are.

"we'll laugh"? Who, you and Babe at Magnolia Manor?

Explain how anything you just said applies to Brady's god awful INTs vs the Ravens in the 2011 AFC title game or in SB 46 to Gronk.

Is your premise really that Matthew Slater should have morphed into Superman and fly up in the air to atone for Brady's god awful throw from a god awful decision?

Is it really? Matthew Slater needs to become Randy Moss and Jerry Rice during Brady's throw into triple coverage? Really? 

Also, should Gronk have reached into his pocket and grabbed an overloaded cortisone shot, shot himself in the ankle to run back in front of Blackburn and then outjump Blackburn?

Gee, that would have been something, wouldn't you say, Pizzdispenser?

You can play moron data researcher all you want, but you'd never last in History 101 being able to form an applicable premise. And, you can forget law school.   You would have been at as they were going over applicants. lmao

Your data does not apply to the kinds of INTS I am talking about.  Good thing we had Sterling Moore, huh?  Good thing we kept running BJGE in the 4th qtr....Whopps!  We didn't! lol

NEWSFLASH: Your feeble research and attempt to counter FAILED.  The worst Brady INTs of his career, in back to back games in 2011's AFC title game or the SB, have nothing to do with tipped balls or anything to absolves him.

THEY ARE CARELESS AND DUMB DECISIONS and Brady would tell you that himself.

The kinds of ints?  You posted a number.  I told you that 65% of that number were probably due to situations beyond his control and not his fault.  Show me where that number was his fault or shut it!  Surely some one of your superior intellect can prove all that blame you been putting on one guy, is fact and not trollish and childish behavior.

Enough with your BS.  Prove it or you lose.  Case closed.  BTW, 3 of his 8 ints last year were in fact, receiver deflections and NOT his fault.  That I know for sure, the others are a little harder to determine and I can't confirm but at least 2 more were a result of the receiver not fighting for the ball which was right there and at least one more was Lloyd under running a route.    Now, go ahead and prove me wrong if you can.  RAISINETTES!!!!!!!

And yes, we laugh at you and I'd also put that number @ at least 65%.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Another typical dumb thread by the worst poster on boston.com - everyone knew the way this thing was headed...it's all he does. For a guy that supposedly has a 150 IQ it amazes me how dumb he is. Here we have the luxury of having what may be the best quarterback to of ever played the game and this dope bashes him on a daily basis, while praising guys like Patrick Chung. Can't be made up.

This all stems from a massive vitamin D deficiency...if only his mom had given him the milk his body deserved at birth:(

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Here we have the luxury of having what may be the best quarterback to of ever played the game and this dope bashes him on a daily basis, while praising guys like Patrick Chung. Can't be made up.

And some fools buy into his preposterous BS. This should be in Ripley's believe it or not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Which facts didnt you like? The part where every football coach alive wants a 2:1 ratio and ours can't get that overall in the most important time of the year?

Are you seriously trying to slam Brady's record of 42 TD and 22 INTs in the playoffs? His 1.9/1 TD/INT ratio is too far off 2/1 for you? LMAO@U

You must think that guy Montana really sucks with his 21 INTs in 734 playoff passes compared to Bradys 22 INTs in 887. That's one more INT in 153 more passes!

Nutcase bludgeoned like the fool he is yet again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Bass..  GIVE IT UP!!!

"I prefer the shotgun."

You got any?

RAISINS!

Wake up!

"we'll laugh"? Who, you and Babe at Magnolia Manor?

Explain how anything you just said applies to Brady's god awful INTs vs the Ravens in the 2011 AFC title game or in SB 46 to Gronk.

Is your premise really that Matthew Slater should have morphed into Superman and fly up in the air to atone for Brady's god awful throw from a god awful decision?

Is it really? Matthew Slater needs to become Randy Moss and Jerry Rice during Brady's throw into triple coverage? Really? 

Also, should Gronk have reached into his pocket and grabbed an overloaded cortisone shot, shot himself in the ankle to run back in front of Blackburn and then outjump Blackburn?

Gee, that would have been something, wouldn't you say, Pizzdispenser?

You can play moron data researcher all you want, but you'd never last in History 101 being able to form an applicable premise. And, you can forget law school.   You would have been at as they were going over applicants. lmao

Your data does not apply to the kinds of INTS I am talking about.  Good thing we had Sterling Moore, huh?  Good thing we kept running BJGE in the 4th qtr....Whopps!  We didn't! lol

NEWSFLASH: Your feeble research and attempt to counter FAILED.  The worst Brady INTs of his career, in back to back games in 2011's AFC title game or the SB, have nothing to do with tipped balls or anything to absolves him.

THEY ARE CARELESS AND DUMB DECISIONS and Brady would tell you that himself.

The kinds of ints?  You posted a number.  I told you that 65% of that number were probably due to situations beyond his control and not his fault.  Show me where that number was his fault or shut it!  Surely some one of your superior intellect can prove all that blame you been putting on one guy, is fact and not trollish and childish behavior.

Enough with your BS.  Prove it or you lose.  Case closed.  BTW, 3 of his 8 ints last year were in fact, receiver deflections and NOT his fault.  That I know for sure, the others are a little harder to determine and I can't confirm but at least 2 more were a result of the receiver not fighting for the ball which was right there and at least one more was Lloyd under running a route.    Now, go ahead and prove me wrong if you can.  RAISINETTES!!!!!!!

And yes, we laugh at you and I'd also put that number @ at least 65%.

Everyone sees what you are trying to do.  Just forget it. You know I harp on Brady's god awful postseasons of late tied to god awful INTs on 1st downs.

You trying to deflect or gloss over it with a wide scale general metric for QBs, won't work.

You lost.

In the cap era, moron QBs are why teams like the Cowboys, Bears, Jets, at one point Eli and the Giants, weren't doing anything in the postseason.

Now, we have moron play from our QB in 3 straight preseasons, having nothing to do with "tipped passes" (those are bad too, when he;s staring down Welker over and over) either.

Funny, how the tipped pass kind of INT are centered around the times when he stares down Welker or Edelman on a 5 yard drag route, yet you also seem to think that's not a problem too.

I lost?  BWAHAA you were never in the game. I have no opponent, how could I lose?

Please tell us how Brady is responsible for those ints or stop blaming him for them.

If you can't prove what you claim is obvious, you fail.

And no body cares that he threw an int on 1st down.  What relevance does that have to anything.  Are you even sure it was his fault?  Prove it then.  Was it a bad pass, a receiver error, a o-line breakdown, running for his life?   And yes, the O-line frequently breaks down against better teams and that's a FACT,  If they didn't breakdown at that particular moment, would there have been an int?  Probably not.

Every thing is relevant.  There are 22 people on the field during any given play.  They all have a job to do.  Too bad you are too stupid and too blinded by BB lust, to know that.

Sections
Shortcuts