TE Colt Lyerla Worth The Risk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: TE Colt Lyerla Worth The Risk?

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

No way Lyerla comes here.

TFB12, ditto on Amaro. Came in overweight, average speed and not very strong looking.

I believe the Pats are looking DE/DT anyway and it will be someone they spend little, if any, time with.

I agree, Lyerla is too much of a risk, imo.  I just don't see him coming to NE.  Don't like his off the field problems and he looked horrible in the deeper routes in the combine yesterday.

My hopes were crushed yesterday with he showing of Amaro.  Very, very disappointed.  Was really looking forward to have him impress in the combine and making a push for this guy to drafted by the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

TFB12, ditto on Amaro. Came in overweight, average speed and not very strong looking.

I believe the Pats are looking DE/DT anyway and it will be someone they spend little, if any, time with.

I agree, Lyerla is too much of a risk, imo.  I just don't see him coming to NE.  Don't like his off the field problems and he looked horrible in the deeper routes in the combine yesterday.

My hopes were crushed yesterday with he showing of Amaro.  Very, very disappointed.  Was really looking forward to have him impress in the combine and making a push for this guy to drafted by the Pats.

The teams that pass on Lyerla after the second round will regret their mistake! He's the fastest of all TE's in this draft, he pumped 225@ 15 times Clowney only did 21 reps, he's 6'4" 245 lbs of combo RB/WR/TE, in my opinion he's arguably in the top tier of TE's in this draft. I'll just add his two times in the 40 for giggles: first run 4.47, second run 4.59.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

The teams that pass on Lyerla after the second round will regret their mistake! He's the fastest of all TE's in this draft, he pumped 225@ 15 times Clowney only did 21 reps, he's 6'4" 245 lbs of combo RB/WR/TE, in my opinion he's arguably in the top tier of TE's in this draft. I'll just add his two times in the 40 for giggles: first run 4.47, second run 4.59.

I wouldn't touch Lyerla before the 6th round, and he won't be there at that point.  Someone will roll the dice on him before our pick in the 4th.  They can have him.  Total headcase will cocaine issues.  Those type of addictions don't just go away.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I'm sure all those teams who took Hern off their draft board for his character concerns are sitting there today saying "my god what a talent we missed on Hern. How could we have past that up over his off field stuff you know like his coaches worried about what he did when they weren't watching, kind of like Lyerla. What idiots we were thinking something was going to happen. This time around we won't that happen lets grab Lyerla in the 2nd"

serioursly though, look at Fiedorowicz. Good 40 but more important to a TE #1 in 3 cone and 20 shuttle. We know how much BB loves the 3 cone. Also look at the D2 TE Joe Dun Duncan. He sounds every part the hidden talent BB finds with all the x factors and non or the off field red flags

Sections
Shortcuts