TE Justin Jones

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

TE Justin Jones

From what I have gleaned from Training Camp reports, it sounds like he is raw but talented.  There is certainly no questioning his physical traits.  People who are 6'8" 275 with good movement skills are a rare breed.  Honestly, I'm not sure whether he will get to a point where he will be able to contribute much this year.  It sounds like he has a ways to go before he can get to a point where he can block and run crisp routes at the NFL level.  That being said, I think BB will find a way to keep this guy around.  I think there is just too much upside there to let him go.  If he can continue to improve throughout the preseason, and even the regular season, this guy could develop into a very good NFL tight end.  I hope we keep them around, and I think we will.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: TE Justin Jones

He has zero shot

3 QB's and a FB means 2 TE's 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has zero shot

3 QB's and a FB means 2 TE's 

[/QUOTE]

You're probably right, but I just feel like BB will be very reluctant to let this guy hit waivers.  We'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BB seems to say this every year and it is in fact the bottom line:  you can't keep everybody.  I doubt he will make the 53-man roster and exposing him to waivers will likely result in someone snaring him if shows something during the pre-season.  Perhaps an IR stash for a phantom injury?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB seems to say this every year and it is in fact the bottom line:  you can't keep everybody.  I doubt he will make the 53-man roster and exposing him to waivers will likely result in someone snaring him if shows something during the pre-season.  Perhaps an IR stash for a phantom injury?

[/QUOTE]

i'm thinking the latter if he show's any kind of potential.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh  oh... I think it's broken

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Nice Caddyshack reference, Ghost.  Haha!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Well if he doesnt make the PS it means someone else has to put him on

their 53 man roster - After seeing lasat years musical chairs with DL's anything is possible

I did a practice run at the numbers - the only way he makes it is if he beats out Hoom or they keep 26 O players and even then it is close

I agree it is doubtful for the starting 53 . we have to wait on Dobson and Easley  and we have Browner out for the first 4 games 

For now I will just cool my jets - no pun included - lol

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice Caddyshack reference, Ghost.  Haha!

[/QUOTE]

That movie is still awesome almost 35 years later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A doughnut with no hole, is a danish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Jones size is very attractive but he looks raw for sure. I'm definately keeping my eye on him. Another guy I'm watching is Asa Watson. Wouldn't be suprised if he turned some heads with his pass catching skills

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

oh  oh... I think it's broken

[/QUOTE]

That movie will never get old, great pull there ghost.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL... I could sit here and quote that movie all day...

If you ever get a chance... they made an hour and a half documentary on the making of the movie... it was a pretty good insight into how they casted the roles and what happened during the filming.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

If you ever get a chance... they made an hour and a half documentary on the making of the movie... it was a pretty good insight into how they casted the roles and what happened during the filming.

[/QUOTE]

I think I saw the 30 year anniversary documentary about 4 years ago.  It was great to see the ins and outs of a great comedy.  Cindy Morgan a.k.a. Lacey Underall did not age well. LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That was his MO and why he went undrafted, even given that size. That he needed a couple years to develop but the ceiling is pretty high because of his size. If BB wants to keep him, he'll find a way to get him on the roster (my thought would be 5 RB's and saying goodbye to Bolden) but the "phantom" IR doesn't really work. It means the player would have to agree with it to begin with or they will make a big stink with the union. If Jones and his agent feel that he'd get a real shot on another team they wouldn't let a "phantom" IR go by the wayside. They would fight it and most likely win. If BB wants him he's going to have to make a choice with some of these guys.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

I think I saw the 30 year anniversary documentary about 4 years ago.  It was great to see the ins and outs of a great comedy.  Cindy Morgan a.k.a. Lacey Underall did not age well. LOL

[/QUOTE]

At the end of the documentary they talked about how the membership of the course told them they couldn't blow up parts of the course. So as a thanks for using the course they rented out a restaurant across town and sent the entire staff of the course and membership to dinner at the restaurant so they could film the last scenes. I guess the producers thought being sued wasn't that big of a deterrent to blowing up parts of the course.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Haha good stuff, Ghost.  Did not know that.  Sorry for derailing the Justin Jones thread with Caddyshack talk, everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

If it came down to it... Brandon Bolden or Justin Jones?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to Baffle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it came down to it... Brandon Bolden or Justin Jones?

[/QUOTE]

Justin Jones.  I like the running back depth just fine.  The tight end depth could be better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

My line of thinking as well. We've seen Bolden's ceiling. White and Develin can split his load. We need to improve in the redzone and if Jones gives us potential there, I think that's where the value is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I don't think Bolden is making this team anyway. I saw him drop to many passes at the end of last year and his production after his suspension and injury was pedestrian at best.

As you guys said they could keep Jones an extra O-lineman or an extra D-back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I like the kid and all but wouldnt everyone feel better if the Pats sign Keller after the season starts? I am guessing they are waiting till' then because the contract isnt garuanteed??  not sure but outside of Gronk...color me un enthused. I mean I dont need Gronk on the field at all times but his backup should be competent. Lets face it, we have a fb/te in Hooman(Develin could probably fill his role) and a bunch of projects after that.

I hope Rkarp was right about Keller because Hooman is meh to me. Not that he isnt servicable  but Brady never throws to him so whats the point?  The guy only had 4 passes thrown in way the whole time Gronk was out.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the kid and all but wouldnt everyone feel better if the Pats sign Keller after the season starts? I am guessing they are waiting till' then because the contract isnt garuanteed??  not sure but outside of Gronk...color me un enthused. I mean I dont need Gronk on the field at all times but his backup should be competent. Lets face it, we have a fb/te in Hooman(Develin could probably fill his role) and a bunch of projects after that.

I hope Rkarp was right about Keller because Hooman is meh to me. Not that he isnt servicable  but Brady never throws to him so whats the point?  The guy only had 4 passes thrown in way the whole time Gronk was out.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm not sure. Considering every team is staying away from him I'm wondering how he's recovering. If you sign him after the season starts without any camp he could turn out to be a nothing signing and never give you anything. At least Jones has potential to improve but Keller is a massive gamble until he can prove he can move on the field

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Enjoyed that documentary - sorta fun to see behind the scenes

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm not sure. Considering every team is staying away from him I'm wondering how he's recovering. If you sign him after the season starts without any camp he could turn out to be a nothing signing and never give you anything. At least Jones has potential to improve but Keller is a massive gamble until he can prove he can move on the field

[/QUOTE]

Yea you are probably right. Lets hope we dont need anyone else. I guess if Jones can be retained on the p/s, maybe he improves enough to play later this year if anyone goes down. Hooman has been hurt too which seems to be alot for a guy who hardly plays...

Sections
Shortcuts