TE Justin Jones

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Re: TE Justin Jones

In response to ronk1's comment:

I thought Mulligan did ok as an in line blocker

I would think that Boyce, Finch or one of the OL would be kept over Jones...doesnt have to be a 3rd TE for that roster spot

I'm thinking, if Gronk is out - do we have a backup plan for offensive red-zone productivity? We all know of the importance of Gronk for the offense (especially in the red zone). If Justin Jones can prove he can run routes properly, use his body properly, and can fight (and hold onto) passes - would he be a better option to keep vs. Boyce or Finch?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

No way Quick Draw Jimmy is cut after 1 training camp.  It's a lock that there will be 3 QBs on the roster.  As someone else mentioned, a guy like Bolden (who I really like) could be cut if Finch or one of the other young guys emerge.  Question about Jones though - can he play ST or do anything to justify a roster spot over a guy like Bolden?  If Ridley got hurt I am sure Bolden could fill in and do an adequate job, plus he plays STs.  Could the same be said for Jones filling in for Gronk or any other TE?  Doubtful based on what has been reported of him.  He seems line a niche red zone guy right now - but as others suggest, he needs to be a road grader as well as a receiving threat near the goal line.     

He's definitely a project - but maybe a project worth grooming? I think his chances to make the team are really really small right now, and would be more likely to end up on IR or something. I think his shear size would mean that a different team would pick him up on waivers before the Patriots could get him on the practice squad.  As I understand it, players can only be signed to the practice squad after being released?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

He's definitely a project - but maybe a project worth grooming? I think his chances to make the team are really really small right now, and would be more likely to end up on IR or something. I think his shear size would mean that a different team would pick him up on waivers before the Patriots could get him on the practice squad.  As I understand it, players can only be signed to the practice squad after being released?

I think he would have to agree to go on IR if he isn't actually hurt.  That way, he has a chance to go to another team and maybe play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I think he would have to agree to go on IR if he isn't actually hurt.  That way, he has a chance to go to another team and maybe play.

lol....I'm sure the criteria would be 1) that he actually be hurt , that Jones would want to go on IR for a year, and have BB's blessing :)

There are probably some fuzzy lines in there tho...lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

lol....I'm sure the criteria would be 1) that he actually be hurt , that Jones would want to go on IR for a year, and have BB's blessing :)

There are probably some fuzzy lines in there tho...lol

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if he gets "hurt" in one of these preseason games and is IR'ed.

He's definitely an interesting project.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

And just to keep up to dste

the jets #2 draft pick te jace smaro so far has shown and he has dropped a boatload of passes, but coach Rex is happy

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

Sections
Shortcuts