Teammate of Adalius Thomas Speaks Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Teammate of Adalius Thomas Speaks Out

A former Ravens teammate says the onetime star free-agent signee feels like he has been made a scapegoat for some of the Patriots’ defensive struggles this season.

"They’re not used to that type of guy and they’re not going to put up with that type of guy," said Thomas’ former Ravens teammate. "They want you to be quiet and be a good little soldier. Then Bill [Belichick] can play his mind games and you can’t chime in on it or say anything about it. [Adalius is] frustrated. … They never should have moved him to inside linebacker when he got there. That messed everything up. Why try to make him that? He never played that, and you try to make him that because that’s what [Bill] saw for him."

The former teammate said that, despite Thomas’ solid numbers, he believes the initial juggling at middle linebacker – combined with last year’s season-ending injury – took Thomas out of his groove as a pass rusher and contributed to problems this season. More troubling to the Patriots, he believes that if Thomas is released this offseason, he will sign with the New York Jets and reunite with Rex Ryan, whom Thomas thrived under when Ryan was the defensive coordinator with the Ravens.

"He’ll be a great fit [with the Jets]," Thomas' former teammate said. "He’s still got a lot of juice in that body. He’ll be great. If anybody knows how to use him – who got 20 sacks from him in two years – it’s Rex. That’s the man who really created him. The Patriots have the ultimate weapon but they don’t know how to use him."

Can anyone say d*bag?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Teammate of Adalius Thomas Speaks Out

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-inconvenienttruths123009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

cowards. bill is the coach and he calls the shot. if you can't live with it, leave make sure you won't let the door hit on your way out. this team calls for flexibility. we don't need divas and prima donna's here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I aggree 100% with him.  BB runs his team a certain way.  He doesnt like when players run thier mouth.  Thomas made the decision to sign with NE and he has to live up to his contract.  Its obvious that he does not fit with BB's defense.  I dont believe BB is using him right and I do believe if he goes to the jests then he will be a much more effective player in NY than he was in NE.

That was probably Bart "Big Mouth" Scott who made those comments.  He talks so much trash im surprised he just didnt reveal his identity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The comments from an ex-team mate are typical of players who go from one team to the next and realize they can't pull one on the coach.  BB doesn't baby the players.  When you have a "me, myself and I" player trying to fit into a "team" environment, there are bound to be conflicts.  AT went to NE for a change to win more rings, he is a role player in BB's schemes.  AT did the same thing in his final year with the Raven's, making it all about him and not the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I'm looking forward to Light, Mankins, Koppen, Neal and Vollmer pancaking this d bag on every play when he's on the jests.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

A few things

1. Thomas is a wuss. He got slapped and BB sat him. So instead of discussing it with the Pats or even showing the nads to take it to the media himself, he sends an anonymous buddy. Now, I am against taking locker room issues to the media in general, but if you have made the decision to, do it. 

2. Thomas' friend is a wuss. Be it Bart Scott or Ray Ray, declining to be identified is like writing yssup on your forehead backwards for the whole world to see.

3. The lack of discipline displayed here is exactly what is lacking with the Ravens as an organization. Yes, it might be Scott, but he still demonstrates the qualities that permeate the Ravens locker room. Less talk, less griping, more focus and more get it done means no more mental errors that result in huge 4th quarter penalties from losing your composure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm no fan of Thomas.  His attitude is not Patriot material and he has not lived up to his contract, even though he is still a solid LB.  There are more than a few of us fans and media that have questioned whether or not he would be more effective in a different role though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

AT was always overrated and here is the proof,
    The only reason AT was any good in Baltimore was because he had Suggs (who had more sacks than him), and Ray Lewis.  For sacks he was 25th in the NFL in 03, 18th in 04, and  tied for 11th with Burgess in 2006.  He only has 2 more career sacks than Burgess and he's played one more season.  He was never the force that he or anyone else thinks.

Here's the sack numbers
    01  3.5
    02  3.0
    03  4.0
    04  8.0
    05  9.0
    06  11.0

For perspective, Banta-Cain has more sacks so far this year than AD has had every year except one.  AT was mediocre his first four years in the NFL, and then managed to be slighly better, not even a top ten guy for 3 years.  He got a big contract off a couple good years.  All that while playing with a defense that had so much talent nobody was worried about double teaming him.  Lewis, Suggs, etc. drew all the attention from blockers.  Bill didn't bring him in to be a sack machine because he's not all that good at sacks anyway, he's here to be a football player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

When depth ran thin at inside linebacker, BB moved the guy inside who he thought would do the best job, obviously nobody used to the glory and fun of being a constant pass rusher on the outside is going to enjoy moving inside which is a much more grueling assignment.  AT was also our best coverage linebacker and has missed out because he has dropped back in coverage so often but hey, that's what the job calls for. 

Shut up and do what you're told, you get paid millions... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

We would have to cut him for him to be a Jet and i dont think we are that stupid. He either gets traded or plays out his contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Considering his age, and the fact that he doesn't have a premier pass rusher on the other side like he did in BAL you couldn't expect him to have more than 5 or 6 sacks a year even if he played OLB all the time.  His career numbers show him to be a mediocre sack guy, and that is still what he is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Not really a good time to once again start bashing Adalius Thomas on little evidence.   It's playoff time and he can be a force---and sack numbers are not reliable at all.  Two guys put the pressure and one other guy makes the sack.... big deal.  The pressure is the thing.  And Thomas can create that.

I'm not saying I'm a big fan of his, but i am saying it's a good time to get behind him in the same way BB was brilliant in getting behind Moss when he was under the gun.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

It seems to me that AD does not want to be gotten behind. He just wants to B&M.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It's definitely Bart Scott. This is an ex-Raven player commenting and just happens to say that he would be a good fit with the Jets.

This tells me that Thomas has been P!$$ed off since day one and has most likely been in the tank with a bad attitude since then and we just never knew it which makes him an even bigger $cumbag than  I originally thought.

Belichick isn't going to let this guy have his way and shoot his way out of town. Cutting Thomas would be like rewarding him. This is the type of guy you send off to the Chiefs for a 5th round draft pick and get it in writing that they can't trade him to anybody in the AFC.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

If he plays well in the playoffs you will all be singing a different tune. The wont be cut we are not good enough at the OLB spot to cut him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Hopefully, a fire has been lit under him. Which means he's either running out the door or running at the opposing QB. Hopefully...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

First: 9/25/2009
    Last: 12/31/2009

If he plays well in the playoffs you will all be singing a different tune. The wont be cut we are not good enough at the OLB spot to cut him.

Your probably right, But that's a big presumption considering he hasn't done anything for the 3 years he's been here. I will say this. He showed signs of life against the Jags and all anyone really wants is for him to shut up and produce. I'd love to see him finally come through but it's pretty unlikely at this point.Until that happens all I can do is hate him and hope for the worst.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I agree with Shenanigan, his stats were the result of teams avoiding Ray Ray and Suggs. He was in a perfect position to take on a leadership role with this defense and instead on embracing it by adapting and leading on/off the field he took the other road and went negative. We should be hearing this guys name called every series and we can go games without hearing it. I thinks its clear he's either given up and is just doing the least amount possible or he's too stupid to pick up on a complicated defensive scheme. 

BB always wants smart players, maybe this guy just isn't and he's lashing out because he can't catch on like. He reminds me of Colvin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

WHy would you hope for the worst for a player who plays for our home team? That makes no sense, I dont like that Adalius ran his mouth off this year either or that he has not made an impact at all but I still hope with all my might that he some how comes through and helps this team win. I do not root against anyone on this team if they are a Pat I hope they do well and win games. Its playoff time man its time to get behind this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Thomas didnt say this crap its being said by some other none Patriot player so take it with a grain of salt. It could be Bart Scott trying to drive a stack into our locker room by making it seem like they are split or something. Cant call a man a baby for something he might not have even said.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

First: 9/25/2009
    Last: 12/31/2009
    WHy would you hope for the worst for a player who plays for our home team? That makes no sense, I dont like that Adalius ran his mouth off this year either or that he has not made an impact at all but I still hope with all my might that he some how comes through and helps this team win. I do not root against anyone on this team if they are a Pat I hope they do well and win games. Its playoff time man its time to get behind this team.

I'm kidding dude...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

"So keep on playing those mind games together
    Faith in the future out of the now
    You just can't beat on those mind guerrillas
    Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind
    Yeah we're playing those mind games together
    Projecting our images in space and in time

Yes is the answer and you know that for sure
    Yes is surrender you got to let it go"

Looks like John Lennon knew more about coaching football than AT's former teamate. I mean, AT is playing with the modern day Vince Lombardi, if he can't surrender to this guy...AT needs to look in the mirror like Burgess did, if he ever wants to be more than a guy concerned about his statistics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Teammate of Adalius Thomas Speaks Out:
    [QUOTE]We would have to cut him for him to be a Jet and i dont think we are that stupid. He either gets traded or plays out his contract.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

It's not a matter of us being stupid, it's a matter of another team willing to pick up his high salary next year.  I don't know the number off hand, but next year his salary escalates a good amount.  It's very unlikely another team will accept his 2010 salary in a trade.  In other words, if we did trade him, Adalius would likely have to be willing to renegotiate his salary with the new team as part of the trade.  It's possible, but why would he do it?  He may wager that the Pats will cut him rather than pay him anyway.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

Yea that guy knows more about Defence, then Bill. And I know more about Ice Cream then Ben or Jerry.