Teammate of Adalius Thomas Speaks Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Teammate of Adalius Thomas Speaks Out

Caraway,
    how can you respond?  Nobody else can, are you using a different web browser?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It's a fact tha Belichick wanted Thomas and has used him incorrectly almost his whole time here. It's funny everyone blames AD and never Pioli and Belichick who payed him all that money and never played him at his natural position. As a coach you play players to their strengths not what you think they might be good at. AD hasn't been that good but how they use him has had a huge impact on his sack totals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Certainly smells like Bart Scott, whatever...

Adalius Thomas 2009, it's really a head scratcher. I am convinced something happened(I mean besides the press leak) and he's been sulking or something. I don't get it.

He had a good 2007 regular season (a brand new defensive system for him) while being used all over the defense in multiple roles. Then had a very good super bowl and I would argue the best player on the defense in that particular game. A productiveg game in the most important game, can't ask for more than that.

He was having a very good 2008 season (5 sacks in 8 games, broke his arm in the 9th and IR'd). Most likely would have had double digit sacks for the year if he didn't get injured but more importantly he was being noticed. Having an impact. Everyone remembers the double sack of Brett Favre and his blocker, AT THE SAME TIME.

This year... Now I am sure a lot of you are reading Mike Riess or did when he was at Boston.com doing Riess pieces. I remember reading on more than one occasion that Mike thought AT was the best player in camp period. If I am not mistaken, he used the phrase "on another level" multiple times.

Then... Nothing. Nothing but dog house. Doesn't make any sense to me really. I am at a loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Adalius should know by now What is said on the Pats field and Locker room STAYS there He opened his mouth when He knew better anyone could  have known the Thomas was gonna sit out that game CAUSE OF HIS MOUTH now get over it I am sure the pats did There Focus is on THIS WEEK stop the whinning already

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I'd be wiping BB rear if I was getting the money that he was getting. Only in America does some overpaid under performing idiot shoot his mouth all over television. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Low-FB-IQ, Keen observations all around. If he checked out, the linkage could be he was upset about the last second trade of Seymour, mouthed off, dogged it first few games, was benched for trip to London.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

So what now, Low IQ? He knows the Past will move on with or wihout him. The Pats The question is does he want to be part of the team. Until BB sees that, he'll have limited play time despite al his talent (I remember endless debates on WEEI regarding Terry Glenn).

This situation presents an opportunity for him to show everyone that he wants to be with them. Even though it was someone on the Ravens who's saying this about his situation, obvioulsy it is meant to distract the team. He could easily take some hits for the team by coming out in public and saying that he understands how the Pats think the formula for success is, and he will do what he can for the team...and then of course he has to show it on the field.

Shutting up and just playing well is not a bad approach. The thing is that going to playoffs, expect that the other teams will feed this fire.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Ray Lewis actually said that Thomas is an *ssh*le, an insight that I now find very enlightening in lieu of what's taken place this year.

It probably was Scott - talking trash and recruiting at the same time.

I can't help but agree with the notion that Thomas should be utilized differently, though.  I think he plays the run for lack of better alternatives and sits on passing downs so Belichick can try to justify the epic mistake that is Derrick Burgess (who I still insist cannot get sacks for himself unless the QB runs out of the pocket and into Burgess' arms)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

@Shenanigan - if you can remember the code that was used for quoting people, you can type it in yourself and just cut and paste the original content.  I don't remember it, though

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

He does not seem as bad as a lot write of him to be, nor is he as good as some would claim of him, IMO.  He is playing like a workman, fire lost.  A lot of good comments here, especially the one about him being ticked about Seymour, and I will add Vrabel.  He's thinking he is next, and ironically, he may force the issue.

I still don't want to give up on him.  I see flashes. Maybe BB puts him outside again and he will produce.  More importantly, the D needs to keeping playing edgy, like against the Panthers. That organized confusion is a look that teams that beat us when the Pats didn't use it may now not be able to handle - the swarming. (Call it the SWARM STORM.) I would not want to see the Pats face it.  When they did it this season against the Jets, they split.  Maybe AD would find success in that style of D.  Burgess, too.

Either way, the Pats are looking good and better than most pro writers think, which is good for us fans.  We know the Pats always rise up against disrespect, like Rodeny Dangerfield.  And like the Dangerfield persona, they manage to win the big ones when most said they could not do it.  I am so, so excited to watch Sunday, and then their post season. (Don't say or write, "play-offs" - that phrase suggests that winning the SB does not matter as long as you make the play-offs. Leave that to the Colts.)

GO PATRIOTS, GO BB and GO AD!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I'm sure by the time we reach the superbowl the sports media will be saying Gostowski has a corked toe, Tom Brady hates chowder and Randy Moss wants to return to the Raiders.

Don't let your enemies plant bs stories in your heads.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I think he could be pi$$ed about Mayo getting the mic and being the D play caller. I mean AD came here was willing to move and learn different spots in the system. Just to see a rookie take the lead/vet spot from him. Maybe he saw himself as the leader someday after he learned to bounce around. Vrabel called the plays from a OLB spot last year. Maybe AD thought he would get it seeing Vrabel traded. Oh how I wish we could see more of the 15 yard Fave and Washington sacks. You could see AD calling out adjustments last week and seemed more interested.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarmUpTheBeanpot. Show WarmUpTheBeanpot's posts

As I recalll, when AD signed with us, Ray Lewis was NOT a gigantic supporter of AD.

In fact, Ray Ray basically said, "Bye, loser, we were tired of doing your work for you." I am not a Ray Lewis fan, but I have never seen him call out any other former teammate so quickly and decisively. At the time, our Patriots bar wondered why Ray Ray would say what he did and joked it was sour grapes. I guess we know better now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Flip, Are you talking about the on that Mweather could have run for a TD if the guy AT was blocking did not get away? And the guy got away because, again, he stopped before the play was completely over. He was between the guy and BM but the guy got around him. Yeah, I saw that.

we could say this is nitpick. However, to me it reflects an attitude that is opposite what Troy Brown (or was it Branch?) showed when he forced a fumble after TB was intercepted on that on game...was it against SD? (My goodness, my memory is really bad)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpeggio. Show rpeggio's posts

The guys a millionaire and he whines like a baby.....I can't wait to cut Thomas...he's overweight and slow these days....with a mouth that would get him fired from most normal jobs.  Do your job, cash your million dollar paycheck and be a man.  

The NFL and sports in general are full of the most whiny millionaires you'll find anywhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I'm glad I'll never have to go to war with some of you saps.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Yeah, BB is such a loser; doesn't know anything about football.  LoL!!!!!!!  Perhaps, BB should have just let Jetson do whatever he wanted to...whenever he wanted to do it?  (Just him, though.)  Interestingly, Thomas waited, until the monies were guaranteed; the Pats were comitted to most of it, before the tirade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

LOL!  I got deleted again!  I haven't used profanity in my post at all.  I have only said that the Ravens are an overated, classless bunch of whiners with no guts and I think if this post was truly started by a former Raven then he would be proud to state his name!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Maybe he is not a multi dimensional player.  If that is the case, then play him at the position that made him a great player, and made the Pats want him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

BB doesn't win games.  The players do, and BB has made a lot of bonehead decisions the last few years. If you are going to give him all this credit, i.e, "In Bill We Trust", then give him the blame when they lose.
    What happened in the SB against the Giants?  BB didn't make any successful adjustments in the second half.  He is a great coach, but guys, the PATS HAVE NOT WON THE SB...IN 6 YEARS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

you have any idea how funny that sounds? "The Pats have not won a Super Bowl in 6 years?"

HAHAHAH

Go talk to the fans of other teams, kid...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Anybody know the answer to these questions:

People say the Pats are using him wrong around here.  How is he being used differently than the Ravens used him? 

Hasn't he been an OLB for the overwhelming majority of his NE career? 

I know he's on the Left side here, was he on the right in Baltimore? 

I just don't believe that there's a position on the football field where you can't make plays, he should be fully capable of making plays from left OLB if he's any good.  What are they supposed to do, redesign the Defense so AT can get a couple more sacks.  If that's the problem that why can't he get tackles, Pierre Woods has more tackles.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultrabop. Show ultrabop's posts

Rolfer, you're right, sacks don't count, but pressure does, and the Pats, up intill the last couple of games have had this pass rush that engages the offensive line of the other team and then stops, and the quaterback has all the time in the world. Bad angles? Bad coaching? Whatever. No pressure.

The stand-around stance and otherwise chaotic style seems to work the best for the Pats, as it did in SB against the Rams. Suddenly guys are getting through, even rookies like Pryor, with Wilfork and ____ out. And there's AT running down the back from the opposite side(he has speed).

AT has talent. BB is adjusting the carburator a little bit, playing around with his motor. And now Burgess is getting sacks. Just wait!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I felt when we got him he was a product of the Ravens system and having Ray across from him. But I felt he would be a good soldier and a passable player inside or out. Truth is he didn't have the speed he needed to have to rush from the outside as he has slowed down and put some weight on and it made sense to move him inside.
    Anyway, Good riddence I'd cut him after the season if it was up to me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

It's always interesting to me to listen to the people try and equate his salary with his performance. Unfortunately in pro sports you just can't do that. You have to pay what the market demands for a guy at the time they are hot and free agents.

Don't like it, but its a fact.

I am not being an apologist for A.T. but I read a bunch of posts I do not understand.

"THIS" year is certainly disappointing and who knows what has gone on to P-Off AT and cause him to sulk and not perform.

When i start reading he stinks and can't play and can't even make tackles. Come on really? Give me a break.

Just a quick look at the stats over the years of our beloved Outside LB's and A.T. compares quite favorably. This year being an exception, obviously. Still scratching my head about this year.

First as another gentleman posted earlier the BB 3-4 is not a system that benefits a player putting up crazy stats.

Everyone talks about Willie Mc but he averaged fewer tackles than A.T. Of course I had to completely project A.T.'s tackles for last season as he was lost at the half way point to IR with a broken arm. A.T. in 2007 had in the 50's and last year projected again to be around 50. Willie Mc was usually in the high 30's or low 40's. Willie Mc also had arguably much more talent around him as the Pats were more a defensive force back then with better talent on that side of the ball.

Mike Vrabel? Right around the same tackle numbers as AT. In the 50's for him. The exception was 2005. I think and that might have been the year he played a big portion of the season at ILB. Not positive though and don't feel like looking it up, just seemed to make sense with the aberration of the spike in tackle numbers.

Everyone's loving TBC right now because he racked up a number of sacks against a couple crappy teams but he only has 5 more tackles than A.T. and has played more games. TBC has been lucky to get 30 tackles in a season for most of his career.

Rosevelt Colvin averaged less than AT in his first season here AND his projected number for last year. Rosie barely got to 40-42 his two best season with us.

All of that analysis was on tackles only, not counting assisted tackles.

If you look at sack numbers of A.T. and our past patriot OLB's I have to say he is not out of the norm there either. Most of all our past OLB's were more around a 5 or 6 sack season type of guy with the rare odd season that one might get 8-10.

Am I happy with AT right now? NO. I certainly do not subscribe to the notion that he is a bust or a personnel evaluation mistake of some sort. We are all upset with him and we want more cause we have passion for the Patriots and the game but to say he stinks or can't play is just ludicrous.