Teams that did not play to win in week 17 are 0-3 so far...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

Teams that did not play to win in week 17 are 0-3 so far...

While the PATS did play a lot of starters last week, they openly admitted that they were trying many in unusual roles and situations to see how they would do...  With that said, all teams that did not play the season out hard are 0-3 so far and it very likely may be an 0-4 record.  With this data I don't think the league will have to do anything to force teams to play it out, especially since I have a hunch we may see a 5 and 6 seed AFC Championship that will be directly related to teams taking their own rythm away... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Re: Teams that did not play to win in week 17 are 0-3 so far...

You don't think Philly played to win and have the #2 seed and a bye? Guess again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

Good point, but they got behind early and knew they were in the playoffs regardless so they didn't seem to play with intensity.  Good point, and Dallas may be peaking at the right time...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

I agree. Week 17 was the dullest week when it should be the most exciting week in the NFL.  It is no time to revert to the exhibition season.  Not playing to win is playing to lose---the message is clear to the team and each of its players.

It isn't so much who plays as how they play.  As you say the rhythm is the difference maker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

The mental part of playing sports is often understated and it is a problem mentally to turn it off for a week then turn it back on...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

AZ may change that tune today!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

So far so good for them...  Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up, but at this point I would have to say they are not flat like the others!