Tears for Fears "The Working Hour" is about the best song ever.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Tears for Fears "The Working Hour" is about the best song ever.

Just because I'm sick of all the stupid Superbowl stuff.  Great song.  I like it about the best of any others on "Songs from the Big Chair"  and that is saying a LOT.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Tears for Fears "The Working Hour" is about the best song ever.

Everybody wants to rule the world.

But I am eating up the SB hype.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, I started there in 85, then moved on to Shout, and settled on Head over heels.  Then, lately, The Working hour just grabbed me, the complexity, the sax work by two different guys, the guitar work.  BUT the bass at the end of Head over heels still just amazes me.  Curt just kills that thing.  

I think I'm tired of the pregame blab because it feels like an extension of the Jest blab all season, then the Raven blab (jests and ravens seem like the same team.  Shame when the ravens are the more mature of the two) and I'm just plain worn down with all the stupid "worst defense" stuff when I have watched them play and know they are not that bad.  I want this one in the books already.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Tears for Fears "The Working Hour" is about the best song ever.:
    ... I think I'm tired of the pregame blab because it feels like an extension of the Jest blab all season, then the Raven blab (jests and ravens seem like the same team.  Shame when the ravens are the more mature of the two) and I'm just plain worn down with all the stupid "worst defense" stuff when I have watched them play and know they are not that bad.  I want this one in the books already.  
    Posted by Davedsone

am with ya on this... this week i try to keep up with what other posters are writing, but it's gotten a bit redundant. i just want the game played.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Tears for Fears "The Working Hour" is about the best song ever.:
    Just because I'm sick of all the stupid Superbowl stuff.  Great song.  I like it about the best of any others on "Songs from the Big Chair"  and that is saying a LOT.  
    Posted by Davedsone

good song,your not such a goof after all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Shout............was a real good song to.........to, as I remember from a long time ago. Great memories every time I hear it. Thanks for that!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

with all due respect, it is clear that "Tom Sawyer" is the greatest song ever recorded.  Maybe Hemispheres Part 2....maybe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

No way, this is just about the best song ever! My band even plays it at shows.

http://youtu.be/2ChjLMbXVrU

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Tears for Fears "The Working Hour" is about the best song ever.:
    with all due respect, it is clear that "Tom Sawyer" is the greatest song ever recorded.  Maybe Hemispheres Part 2....maybe.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ajfuf9W6B0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Pretty tough to pick one best song ever. But I can't resist this type of challenge. Here are some of my faves... and yes, this week is agony.

The Beatles:
    In My Life
    Ticket to Ride
    A LIttle Help From My Friends

Badfinger:
    No Matter What

King's X
    Goldilocks

The Police
    Wrapped around your finger

Sugar
    Favorite Thing

Deep Purple
    Highway Star

Aerosmith
    No More No More

Steely Dan
    Reelin' in the Years

Yes
    Roundabout

Paula Cole
    Bethlehem

So many great songs...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Cool thread, now I have some homework.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Cream . . . anything live by them . . . 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The official recordings aren't of the best quality. The BBC thing is good.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

Nothing a few bong hits won't correct  Wink

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts