Tears in the Buffalo Locker Room

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Tears in the Buffalo Locker Room

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/09/weeping-bills-whitner-wanted-to-shut-everybody-up-by-beating-patriots/1

Poor Donte will have to till almost Christmas to get another shot...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Re: Tears in the Buffalo Locker Room

Don't get me wrong, I'm delirious the Pats won, but if you were a Buffalo player or fan, that must have been a real heartbreaker. I can remember being on the wrong side of a few games like that one as a Pats fan not so long ago...

Buffalo was impressive, much better than advertised. Hard to believe that within a week of firing their OC, and with 3 rookies on the OL they were able to stay with a no huddle and be as successful as they were.

The rematch could be a monster game, assuming that both teams are in the hunt for the playoffs in December.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Tears in the Buffalo Locker Room:
    [QUOTE]Don't get me wrong, I'm delirious the Pats won, but if you were a Buffalo player or fan, that must have been a real heartbreaker. I can remember being on the wrong side of a few games like that one as a Pats fan not so long ago... Buffalo was impressive, much better than advertised. Hard to believe that within a week of firing their OC, and with 3 rookies on the OL they were able to stay with a no huddle and be as successful as they were. The rematch could be a monster game, assuming that both teams are in the hunt for the playoffs in December.
    Posted by BelichickDisciple[/QUOTE]

Amen...I too felt badly for the Bills. To beat the Pats in New England on opening day would have been a shot in the arm for the franchise. But, don't expect the rematch in Buffalo to be much of a game. The Pats will win that one going away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

I don't know...  i don't feel so badly for them when you look at the game in a general sort of way.  So many things went just right for them...  the Pats made the kind of errors they rarely, if ever, make.  We were pretty much doubling their yardage total throughout the game--and also the time of possession (signs of dominance).  And our best defensive playert was missing.

In other words, they lost a game they should have won, but it isn't as if they dominated and lost---a true horror.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Bills certainly are taking this loss hard (as they should): http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090915/SPORTS03/909150316/1021/Buffalo+Bills+lose+heartbreaker+to+Patriots.

Be sure to browse through the fan comments...they are a scream!! LOL!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyPieman. Show JohnnyPieman's posts

I'd suggest Buffalo stop crying and get their lockeroom a copy of Glengary Glen Ross for the High Def:

Blake: Put. That coffee. Down.
    [pause]
    Blake: Coffee's for closers.

"A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing, always be closing. "

"These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for closers. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it."

The New England Patriots had no business winning that game. None. I love the Patriots as much as the next guy here, but all the Bills had to do was to have McKelvin kneel down in the endzone, take it at the 20, and choke the Pats out. Instead, they get choked out by a team that was tougher, smarter, and wanted it more because the Patriots are a reflection of the organization at the top, and so are the Bills.

Dick Juron and Ralph Wilson are like Jack Lemon's character and Ed Harris' character from GG GR. Overrated, living off of past glory and demanding respect from people who are who they think they are and who are getting it done for just showing up.

Head coach

[edit] Chicago Bears

Jauron became the 12th head coach in Chicago Bears history on January 23, 1999, when he was hired to replace Dave Wannstedt, who was fired after two consecutive 4–12 seasons. Jauron coached the Bears for five seasons (1999–2003), finishing with a 35–45 regular season record and one playoff appearance.

In his first two seasons, the Bears finished last in the NFC Central with 6–10 and 5–11 records.

Jauron, however, led the greatest turnaround in team history during his third season. In their 13-3 2001 campaign, Chicago finished 8-0 in games decided by seven points or less, including back-to-back overtime victories. Jauron was named the 2001 AP Coach of the Year and became the third coach in team history to record at least 13 wins in a season, joining George Halas and Mike Ditka.[8] Current Bears head coach Lovie Smith joined that group following the Bears' 13-3 regular season in 2006.

After earning their first division title in 11 years, however, Chicago lost a home game to the Philadelphia Eagles, 33-19, in the NFC Divisional Playoffs.[9] The Bears did not return to the playoffs under Jauron, finishing 4-12 and 7-9 in his last two seasons with the team. He was fired by the Bears after the 2003 season and replaced by current head coach Lovie Smith.[10]

[edit] Detroit Lions

Jauron was then hired by the Detroit Lions as a defensive coordinator. He was promoted to interim head coach of the Lions on November 28, 2005, after the mid-season firing of Steve Mariucci.[11] Detroit was 4-7 when Jauron took over and won only one of their last five games, finishing the season 5-11. Although Jauron was one of many candidates who interviewed for the head coaching position after the season, he was passed over for Rod Marinelli.[12]

[edit] Buffalo Bills

Jauron was named the 14th head coach in Buffalo Bills history on January 23, 2006, following the resignation of Mike Mularkey.[13] He has led the Bills to three consecutive 7-9 records, finishing respectively third, second and fourth in the AFC East. In 2008 the team started 5-1.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson announced on December 30, 2008, that Jauron will be brought back for the 2009 season despite the expiration of his three-year contract. Jauron has already implemented change and mixed things up in the 2009 preseason by firing his offensive coordinator 10 days before the regular season and implementing the no-huddle offense. The Bills franchise is familiar with the no-huddle in the form of Jim Kelly's "K-Gun" offense that lead the team to four straight Super Bowls in the 90's. [14]

Winning organizations don't keep a guy like Juron around. He's not going to wake up Belichick post-Cleveland. He's going to be the best Bruce Coslett he can be. He won the AP coach of the year for a 6-10 7-9 mop job that turned into one of the biggest good luck streaks in NFL history, otherwise he gives you the same team over and over and over again.  

I hate the Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets with a passion, but at least they try to get it together, even if they fail or get set back. Buffalo gets itself some Drew Bledsoe and Terrell Owens past their prime to sell tickets to the rubes and then has to stones to try and make money off of holding home games in Toronto Canada.

The Bills should have skunked the Pats the other night, but its typical. The Bills should have fired Juron after two years as an unknown, but with his track record? They should have had him out after a season and a half.

Its one of the reasons why I hate Jets fans, and I hate Dolphin fans, but I feel sorry for Bills fans. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainerguy. Show mainerguy's posts

In Response to Re: Tears in the Buffalo Locker Room:
    [QUOTE]I don't know...  i don't feel so badly for them when you look at the game in a general sort of way.  So many things went just right for them...  the Pats made the kind of errors they rarely, if ever, make.  We were pretty much doubling their yardage total throughout the game--and also the time of possession (signs of dominance).  And our best defensive playert was missing. In other words, they lost a game they should have won, but it isn't as if they dominated and lost---a true horror.
    Posted by jcappy[/QUOTE]

I have to agree here. The Pats moved the ball well throughout the game but the rust/nerves stalled a couple drives. Their D only gave up 17 points which should be more than sufficient with this offense. The Bills played much better than everybody without a Buffalo on the side of the helmet expected, but the only stat they happened to lead in for a while was the score. And while I know in the end that's what counts, the way the Pats played in the last 5 minutes reminded me of every reason why I'm so psyched on them and why the Bills are still the Bills.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

I'd guess there are a few Super Bowl teams who know how the Bills feel today. It took Brady a year to rehab to even put the pads on and 58 minutes of the game had to tick off before Brady became Tom Brady.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

If they're really pissed about their performance last night they're welcome to take it out on the Fins and Jets in October

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

mainerguy...

not to be picky, but the Pats D only gave up 10 points. That was not a horrible Defensive effort by any means...

Sections
Shortcuts