Teblow....blows!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Teblow....blows!

Does this guy still have any believers on this board? Also, Duron Harmon could make me look a fool if he stays healthy and absorbs some veteran knowledge from Wilson. 

Blount and Buchanon looked good, Bolden looking like he wants to get axed. Did BB keep Dobson in to work on his blocking? Because he certainly wasn't going to get any pass catching reps with TeBLOW as the QB!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

Re: Teblow....blows!

Agree on tebow... Awful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Tell us something we didn't know...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Tell us something we didn't know...

Our sun isn't yellow, it's whItIt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots did more with Tebow in one pre-season game then the Jets did with him all year, lol!  I busted up when the Eagles fans cheered for him when he went onto the field.  The guy has a following.  I think he will be a keeper, will be used on the practice squad a lot.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Patriots did more with Tebow in one pre-season game then the Jets did with him all year, lol!  I busted up when the Eagles fans cheered for him when he went onto the field.  The guy has a following.  I think he will be a keeper, will be used on the practice squad a lot.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

We don't need practice squad players who will never see the field... roster spots, even practice squad spots are too valuable for players who would have trouble playing in Canada.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Tebow didn't have a great night for sure but, Mallett does not exactly having me sleeping soundly should something happen to Brady either. 

One game people. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

We don't need practice squad players who will never see the field... roster spots, even practice squad spots are too valuable for players who would have trouble playing in Canada.

Well I guess what I am trying to say is the Pats will keep Tebow this season, like it or not.  No way they go with only Mallet as the back up this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

According to Zuri Berry...

5. The third string quarterback -- Tim Tebow cannot be denied. The backup quarterback looked rough when dropping back to pass, completing just 4 of 12 passes for 55 yards. The knock on him is still the same: he holds the ball too long, he doesn’t read defenses well, and his accuracy is questionable. Tebow’s quarterback rating was a meager 49.0. But what he lacked as a downfield passer, he made up for running the option.

Tebow (31 yards rushing) ran the read option for the Patriots, expanding the team’s playbook beyond its spread and double tight end formations. It confirmed all the suspicions we’ve had about his signing and his use on the team, which will provide a nice change of pace. It helps that he ran well. We should expect to see more of the option and more of Tebow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Tebow didn't have a great night for sure but, Mallett does not exactly having me sleeping soundly should something happen to Brady either. 

One game people. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. 

In fairness to both Tebow and Mallett, it's hard to evaluate them when they are not being adequately protected by the Pats' 2nd and 3rd string OL. Tebow in particular was under constant pressure.

The main criticism I have of Mallett is for badly missing a wide, wide, wide open receiver, for what should have been an easy TD pass, in the first half of last nights' game.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Does this guy still have any believers on this board? Also, Duron Harmon could make me look a fool if he stays healthy and absorbs some veteran knowledge from Wilson. 

Blount and Buchanon looked good, Bolden looking like he wants to get axed. Did BB keep Dobson in to work on his blocking? Because he certainly wasn't going to get any pass catching reps with TeBLOW as the QB!

Why the continual beating on TT ? We all know you dislike him. I guess I understand because I despise [hate] Obama for the liar he is and being a devisive racist. TT seems to inspire the same in you but has done nothing bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

5. The third string quarterback -- Tim Tebow cannot be denied. The backup quarterback looked rough when dropping back to pass, completing just 4 of 12 passes for 55 yards. The knock on him is still the same: he holds the ball too long, he doesn’t read defenses well, and his accuracy is questionable. Tebow’s quarterback rating was a meager 49.0. But what he lacked as a downfield passer, he made up for running the option.

Tebow (31 yards rushing) ran the read option for the Patriots, expanding the team’s playbook beyond its spread and double tight end formations. It confirmed all the suspicions we’ve had about his signing and his use on the team, which will provide a nice change of pace. It helps that he ran well. We should expect to see more of the option and more of Tebow.

This is very true. But the question is will the Pats offense be good enough that they never want to run the read option? There is no sense in running the read option with out the threat of throwing. So Tebow will have to throw sometimes out of the ad option. Does anyone want Tebow throwing in a game? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

My wife say's it best, Tebow makes the team as the scout QB, with the amount of read option / scrambling QB's we will see this year, he is the perfect QB for the job playing the oposing offense QB. Not like Mallet would be able to do the read option or a Cam Newton type QB for the scout team to emulate.  In this regard you just have to give BB the credit for being such a forward thinking coach, looking as the schedule and seeing what would make the team better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Tebow stays on this team until some team cuts their third string QB who can actually pass the ball . . .  I can never see BB taking Brady off the field for Tebow in any situation!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

Tebow runs better than Brady or Mallett.  Backup QB is Mallett's to lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to Towelie-Toke's comment:

Tebow runs better than Brady or Mallett.  Backup QB is Mallett's to lose.

Tibow is good for change of pace - nice to see a mobile QB - which Tom and Mallett are not.  He sure can run. 

Don't count Brandon Bolton out yet because Blount had one nice run.  BB plays specials and has better receiving skills than Blount, 49Pats!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:

My wife say's it best, Tebow makes the team as the scout QB, with the amount of read option / scrambling QB's we will see this year, he is the perfect QB for the job playing the oposing offense QB. Not like Mallet would be able to do the read option or a Cam Newton type QB for the scout team to emulate.  In this regard you just have to give BB the credit for being such a forward thinking coach, looking as the schedule and seeing what would make the team better.

you're wife apparently has more common sense than some posters.....lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Keep in mind that in the past, I believe we had even used Edelman on the scout team to emulate read-option quarterbacks that we anticipated facing. That will be Tebow's role, not the traditional pocket passer. We need to refine our expectations to reflect what reality is. We will likely never see a 10-13 completion line for Tebow. He'll hover around 50-60% passing with a fairly substantial amount of yards on the ground. I think he operated the read-option offense decently, particularly considering who he had blocking for him up front... and I use the term blocking fairly liberally in this sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

In response to JMUFranco's comment:

Keep in mind that in the past, I believe we had even used Edelman on the scout team to emulate read-option quarterbacks that we anticipated facing. That will be Tebow's role, not the traditional pocket passer. We need to refine our expectations to reflect what reality is. We will likely never see a 10-13 completion line for Tebow. He'll hover around 50-60% passing with a fairly substantial amount of yards on the ground. I think he operated the read-option offense decently, particularly considering who he had blocking for him up front... and I use the term blocking fairly liberally in this sense.

I could see BB using him in specific scenarios.  Let's say it's 4th and 2 and we're on the 50, and BB wants points on the board. If Tebow can improve some of his accuracy and timing - I can see Tebow in with a run option play vs. Brady or Mallett.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Be fair to mallet. He just tarted to get in a rhythm before he got knocked out. Yeah he missed a wide open guy, but it was once.  If it becomes a habit then ill jump on board. I'm not giving up on mallet just yet

tebow does not qualify for the practice squad, he takes a roster spot. Keeping a player to practice a gimmick makes no sense. If we dump edleman and Tebow, vereen could be the practice gimmick qb in practice.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So if we used Edelman there in the past why stop now, at least he can return punts, catch passes and play special teams.  Tebow does nothing well except run draw plays.  He'll never average 50-60% passing, that's a pipe dream.  The guy averaged 46% passing in his only season as a starter, a QB who can't pass is useless.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

So if we used Edelman there in the past why stop now, at least he can return punts, catch passes and play special teams.  Tebow does nothing well except run draw plays.  He'll never average 50-60% passing, that's a pipe dream.  The guy averaged 46% passing in his only season as a starter, a QB who can't pass is useless.

The reason we shouldn't use Edelman there is because with our seemingly thinned receiving corps, it's better that the receiver with the most knowledge of the system as a wide receiver stay at that position to improve himself and to mentor the younger guys. His value in returning punts, catching passes, and playing special teams should be noted, and he shouldn't take part in activities that could detract from his focus on those areas or open him up to the added possibility of injury. And you're right on the numbers, I should have simply said 50% (which accounts for slight passing improvement as a result of more coaching ideally). 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They have added some plays to the playbook for Tebow.  They wouldn't have wasted their time doing so if he isn't in the plans.  Use him on the scout team, use him as a backup to Mallet in case a disaster happens at the QB position.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm not ready to condemn anybody after one pre-season game. And the line play for Tebow was pathetic.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Yes we are going to pull Brady off the field for the option. Brilliant. I'm really tired of writers trying to find ways to keep Tebow on the team.Tebow is a negative costing a valuable roster spot on the team and there is zero chance he comes in as a QB so every team knows he's coming in to run. When he did on the Jets he sucked and 31yrds against 3rd/4th stringers isn't impressive. I love when one writter even suggested that he must make the 53man squad because his arm isn't even good enough to be a camp QB so the Pats must have bigger future plans for him, ahhh what?

Sections
Shortcuts