TEBOW 3:16, what could it mean?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: TEBOW 3:16, what could it mean?

In Response to Re: TEBOW 3:16, what could it mean?:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like people whistling past the cementary. People can say what they want, but the whole 316 thing is weird. And that pass was just crazy.  I mean, come on.  The worst QB in the post season against one of the best defenses in football, and he throws a touchdown pass on the first play in OT. That is weird.  And I am not a thumper. And the thing is, if Tebow and company THINK God was behind it, then that's enough for them.  Talk about bulletine board material, how much more motivation and confidence can a team get than thinking God is on their side.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Playing a little Jeopardy with Alex Trebek...

NY-PATS-FAN4: I'll take "God and Football" for six-hundred, Alex.

Alex: The answer is. . .NONE!

NY-PATS-FAN4: Hmmm...what scripture had the Tebowites aflutter when their hero went 6 for 22 for 60 yards last week?

Alex: Correct!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

John 3:16 reads:

"
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life
    ."

Neither "Tim Tebow as 'The Son'" nor "Tebow and his Broncos receiving the cast-in-stone eternity of The 2011 Football Champions." 

The Answer Is: The Bible makes my own lengthy digressions, look like a 3 step "how to boil water" directional in supersized colorful 5 word sentences & full-captions.  Long...really, really long book.  Shoulda considered some sorta "In Summation" aspect at the end of each chapter.  But, maybe they did- heck if I know, I never made it through a full section, book, or even chapter (translation: you could most probably read the bible cover-to-cover, and never come away with anything even near the succinctness in any other attempt to illustrate the general message, as John 3:16 does above).  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I've actually seen new reports that indicate that the TV ratings were actually lower than 31.6%.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

This is rather strange.... Surprised

Broncos head coach name: John (fox)
    Broncos Executive Vice President of Operations name: John (elway)
    Tebow favorite bible verse: John 3:16
    Steelers time of possession: 31:06
    Tebow passing yards: 316
    Tebow YPC: 3.16
    Tebow threw 10 completions in the game. 10 books after the book of John (in the Bible) is the book of Tim.
    Tebow had 21 pass attempts in the game. 21 chapters in the book John.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Brady was the:

#6 player taken in the
    #6 round, and the
    #6 QB taken overall in that draft.

Pleased to meet you Mr. Tebow, hope you guessed my name.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Tebow will not win a super bowl but he might receive 7 bowls

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

IT MEANS GOD IS TAKING OVER THE NFL. WE MIGHT AS WELL GIVE TEBOW AND CO. THE NEXT 16 SUPER BOWLS OR HOWEVER LONG THE SECOND COMING IS THE QB OF THE BRONCOS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW 3:16, what could it mean? : It's pretty obvious you don't know what you are talking about, or even believe it.  Shut up.  Or maybe God will cause me to discover where you live and have me strike you down with my Taurus.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]u with the violence again!! u tongue kiss your mom with that mouth? (never mind i know the answer).. btw, the next time u go crossing the street, just hope stevie wonder doesnt come down the street driving a big rig!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW 3:16, what could it mean? : Playing a little Jeopardy with Alex Trebek... NY-PATS-FAN4: I'll take "God and Football" for six-hundred, Alex. Alex: The answer is. . . NONE! NY-PATS-FAN4: Hmmm...what scripture had the Tebowites aflutter when their hero went 6 for 22 for 60 yards last week ? Alex: Correct!
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]
    +1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I sense much fear in this forum CC. Many Non-Believers get anxious when they sense the end is near and they have yet to repent. Tebow is neither the judge nor the executioner, he is but a witness carrying out the will of god on the NFL stage.  At least we can be unbiased as Pats fans unlike most people here and thankyou once again for speaking the truth.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]comrade, i have the feelin bb will be using the old stanby: the media is against us, mary is against us, jesus is against us and god is against us to rally the troops as he embraces his inner darkkkk side!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

."........suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness". ..... Miller

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

That's a good one Pez.  LOL

Some would also have Tebow and the Broncos kind of like the Blues Brothers, -  "we are on a mission from God".  Although I think God might be a little too busy to worry about who wins a football game.  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

It's as simple as this...ALL the "Tim Tebow Hype" is GOD's way of using him to direct us all back to HIM.  Either in discussion, forums, etc.  God is not making Tim win or lose games, he is using him as a vessel to speak HIS name and bring focus back to HIM on a national stage, especially those who have either turned away from HIM or never believed in HIM in the first place, as well as helping other believers to become stronger in thier Faith.  Who knows if any prophesies or predicitions of 2012 will come true, but I believe GOD is trying to get his children HOME before the world as we know it ends.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2011/12/jesus_via_snl_l.html?comments=all

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I happen to believe in more than science. 

Stuff like this happens.  The advocates of prayer believe that prayer changes things, because they have seen examples of this stuff happening over and over.   These particular yardage and yards per pass numbers are quite the coincidence, and they are making the Evangelicals in particular ecstatic. 

Can you pray for a Super Bowl victory for every year that you're in the NFL?  Well maybe, but what are the prayer believers on the other 31 teams praying for?  Why couldn't God just declare all 32 teams to be the winners?  It just won't work out.  Sorry. 

Can you pray for the things that you really need, like food tomorrow, paying work for everyone, a country that isn't on the take, an end to our enemies because they're all becoming true democracies now?  Maybe.  It's not as glamorous as what Tebow does, but it's at the heart of real Christianity.  In the meantime, I have nothing against people's little toys and games.  People will believe in prayer.

I was calling for Denver to make it a close game, so the game itself wasn't exactly a miracle for me.  Pittsburgh was playing terrible these past few weeks, and things just got worse when Ben Roofies couldn't practice on his bad ankle, when the starting free safety couldn't go to Denver and when the running backs coach was hospitalized (after losing their starting running back!).

I'm also calling for the Patriots to blow Denver out by 15.2 points.  Enough with the miracles already.  Tebow is good with the fourth quarter makeup touchdowns up in Denver, but if he's down three touchdowns with two minutes to go, that miracle has to go onto the defense's shoulders too, and to special teams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]It's as simple as this...ALL the "Tim Tebow Hype" is GOD's way of using him to direct us all back to HIM.  Either in discussion, forums, etc.  God is not making Tim win or lose games, he is using him as a vessel to speak HIS name and bring focus back to HIM on a national stage, especially those who have either turned away from HIM or never believed in HIM in the first place, as well as helping other believers to become stronger in thier Faith.  Who knows if any prophesies or predicitions of 2012 will come true, but I believe GOD is trying to get his children HOME before the world as we know it ends.
    Posted by mrtm70[/QUOTE]

And, of course, He chose you to explain what He wants with Tim Tebow.

Maybe it's just man's way of overestimating his understanding of God.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I asked God for a helocopter and then I went out and bought one..  That proves this prayer thing really works.. .  Next I'm going to ask for a robotic hand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

For "God so loved the world he created only one NFL QB that plays like Timmie Tebow"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TEBOW 3:16, what could it mean? : And, of course, He chose you to explain what He wants with Tim Tebow. Maybe it's just man's way of overestimating his understanding of God.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

It's not about what he wants with Tim Tebow...it's what HE wants in general.  Because of Tebow, has not ALL believers & non-believers started talking about God or just mention HIS name in some form or fashion?  Even the haters of Tebow are mentioning God on a national stage, which further puts God's name in most everyone's conversations & thoughts, even if it was for just a split second!

THAT is very powerful and something any advertisment agency would love to have  happen to every one of thier clients.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

One thing that gets me about these pro and college athletes that point to the sky when they score a TD or hit a Home Run. Why don't any of them do it when they throw an interception or strikeout. Can't they accept God's will when they fail???? That bugs me that they don't accept it both ways.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

CC- haha...well said! Praise the Lord and pass the....football for multiple TD's, TB!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]You guys crack me up with this stuff, lol  ima christian believer and i know that God has nothing to do with the outcome of or decides football games. All Tebow does is pray for wisdom, strength, and the ability to play at a high level to help his team win and God answers, everthing else is on tebow and the team. All this mocking of tebow and religion needs to stop. There are always signs in numbers thats one way God communicates with us and God was with tebow on sunday because his faith was great. Read the story of David and Goliath, david prayed to God for the courage, wisdom and strength to defeat a man ten times bigger than he was and because he worshipped and his faith was great God answered his prayers the rest was on david to fulfill, with that said GO PATS!!!!!
    Posted by 81patsfan[/QUOTE]

that's because David prayed to the almighty who created the heavens and the universe. that was B.C. if you catch my drift.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]Brady was the: #6 player taken in the #6 round, and the #6 QB taken overall in that draft. Pleased to meet you Mr. Tebow, hope you guessed my name.....
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
    Incorrect!
    Brady was 199 overall, 33 pick of the 6th round and the 7th QB taken in the 2000 draft. (Do you work for the liberal media????) HA!
    Actually, if the NFL limited draft rounds to 32 (i.e. compensatories count towards the 32) then Brady would have been the 7th pick of the 7th round and the 7th QB taken. 777 - now that's a number I like!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]I sense much fear in this forum CC. Many Non-Believers get anxious when they sense the end is near and they have yet to repent. Tebow is neither the judge nor the executioner, he is but a witness carrying out the will of god on the NFL stage.  At least we can be unbiased as Pats fans unlike most people here and thankyou once again for speaking the truth.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]

So many hilarious idiosyncracies to choose from...YET: If I was ever placed on the spot and asked what my personal favorite monumental shortcoming for those with rigidly-fixed-in-stone absolutely certain convictions on things, was- It would have to be hands down How often & the sheer extent to which their particular brand of boxed-in belief system(s) totally alters & incorrectly skews the way they sense, perceive, see, understand, believe, & purport to know with 100% absolutely irrefutable confidence regarding The way ALL outer reality in the universe, along with the inner workings & motives of every breathing creature under the sun, TOWARDS- Unheard of & Unimaginably inaccurate proportions (...except to them alone).