Tebow Accepted And Supported By Teammates?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Tebow Accepted And Supported By Teammates?

Just watching the patriot players on the sideline, it was hard to tell if they were supporting or laughing at Tebow. If the latter, it can't be good for the lockerroom atmosphere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Tebow Accepted And Supported By Teammates?

It's not 8th grade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's not 8th grade.

sure isn't, but team chemistry is important when it comes to winning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's not 8th grade.

sure isn't, but team chemistry is important when it comes to winning.

[/QUOTE]

Well...I guess it's like the type of team chemistry on the NY Jets with supporters of Mark "pick six" Sanchez  and suppoters of Geno "we're making the playoffs this year" Smith, as well as the obvious fissure between Wrecks Ryan and John Idzik...wouldn't you say?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Nope. Still can't see what you wrote. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Mallett appears to be a supporter

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130829-tebow-happy-to-show-improvement.ece

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

So much talk about a guy who will probably never play....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

So much talk about a guy who will probably never play....

he's a national story. Of course people are interested.  Just look at the number of threads and posts about tebow. Love him or hate him.....people are all about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

As fans we are ruthless.   Fact of the matter is that Tim improved.  He has to make this team as a quarterback first and the rest is gravy.  I think Tim gets a phantom injury and they stash him on IR for the year to work with him.  Tim is on a completely non guaranteed contract for league minimum.   That to me is a safe bet without eating a roster spot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

As fans we are ruthless.   Fact of the matter is that Tim improved.  He has to make this team as a quarterback first and the rest is gravy.  I think Tim gets a phantom injury and they stash him on IR for the year to work with him.  Tim is on a completely non guaranteed contract for league minimum.   That to me is a safe bet without eating a roster spot.

good thought

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You are trying to read way too much into your preconcieved misconceptions.  Seemed to me that the team was universally supportive of his accomplishments yesterday.  Good team chemistry requires support of the entire team.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

maybe. Maybe not.  From his stint with the NY Jets, seemed like Tebow was disliked by some of his teammates. That affects team chemistry does it not?

So, if Tebow makes the cut - I think it's a fair question.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/tebow-terrible-jets-mates-rip-qb-article-1.1201722

or

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/13/tim-tebow-wont-be-missed-broncos-thomas_n_1423091.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Touche

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Just watching the patriot players on the sideline, it was hard to tell if they were supporting or laughing at Tebow. If the latter, it can't be good for the lockerroom atmosphere.

WHAT??? You know what is good for team chemistry? WINNING. Tim makes this team because he is a winner. Winners WIN. It may not be pretty, but give me an ugly winner over a pretty loser ANY DAY!!! Chemistry is the residue of winning!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

the team was winning before tebow arrived

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Therefore Chemistry was not an issue, right? So what is the point of your OP, Anon?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Therefore Chemistry was not an issue, right? So what is the point of your OP, Anon?

The status of the team chemistry prior to Tebow's arrival isn't the focus of the op.  The focus on the op is whether or not Tebow's current teammates are accepting him and supporting him....or not. See the two links above regarding Denver and NY. How was his relationship with teammates on those two ball clubs?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The status of the team chemistry prior to Tebow's arrival isn't the focus of the op.  The focus on the op is whether or not Tebow's current teammates are accepting him and supporting him....or not. See the two links above regarding Denver and NY. How was his relationship with teammates on those two ball clubs?

I don't know because honestly I didn't read either of them. Most of the meida reports out there about the guy are patently innacurate anyway. The bottom line for me is that the kid is on the team because he knows how to win and has proven it time and time again. He lost with the Jets becasue the Jets are simply losers. Tim has a positive effect on the Patriots brand and that is a welcomed change based on recent events. Any discontent amongst the players is in good hands with Bill. I guess I just don't get the search for a reason to second guess Bills choice to keep TT. Its as if folks are even trying to read player body language on TV to determine what they are thinking about a guy who is on their team. If he is Chad, or Terrell, or Lewis, or etc., then maybe I get it. But Tim Tebow? I may not agree with his Uber Christian persona but he ain't hurtin anything or anybody. Now we are worried that Tim Tebow is so powerful that he will disrupt the NE Patriots team chemistry? Ain't now way. Have you heard? NO ONE PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE PATRIOTS TEAM. Why wouldn't his teammates like him anyway? Jealousy for all the attention he gets? That's rediculous, this is the Patriots. Whats the point???? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You REALLY are WAY overrating that 53rd roster spot. In the big picture it means .0001% of the whole.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I don't know because honestly I didn't read either of them. Most of the meida reports out there about the guy are patently innacurate anyway. The bottom line for me is that the kid is on the team because he knows how to win and has proven it time and time again. He lost with the Jets becasue the Jets are simply losers. Tim has a positive effect on the Patriots brand and that is a welcomed change based on recent events. Any discontent amongst the players is in good hands with Bill. I guess I just don't get the search for a reason to second guess Bills choice to keep TT. Its as if folks are even trying to read player body language on TV to determine what they are thinking about a guy who is on their team. If he is Chad, or Terrell, or Lewis, or etc., then maybe I get it. But Tim Tebow? I may not agree with his Uber Christian persona but he ain't hurtin anything or anybody. Why wouldn't his teammates like him? jealousy for all the attention he gets? Whats the point???? 

He may have indeed brought those intangible qualities to both Denver and NY.  The links suggested that there were players who didn't take to Tebow. Reasons? who knows. I think one could argue he was a distraction on those two teams. One could argue either way whether BB will be able to control having Tebow on the team - after all - Tebow himself isn't causing the distractions directly per se.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

You REALLY are WAY overrating that 53rd roster spot. In the big picture it means .0001% of the whole.

[/QUOTE]
    That perspective makes it a no brainer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't know because honestly I didn't read either of them. Most of the meida reports out there about the guy are patently innacurate anyway. The bottom line for me is that the kid is on the team because he knows how to win and has proven it time and time again. He lost with the Jets becasue the Jets are simply losers. Tim has a positive effect on the Patriots brand and that is a welcomed change based on recent events. Any discontent amongst the players is in good hands with Bill. I guess I just don't get the search for a reason to second guess Bills choice to keep TT. Its as if folks are even trying to read player body language on TV to determine what they are thinking about a guy who is on their team. If he is Chad, or Terrell, or Lewis, or etc., then maybe I get it. But Tim Tebow? I may not agree with his Uber Christian persona but he ain't hurtin anything or anybody. Why wouldn't his teammates like him? jealousy for all the attention he gets? Whats the point???? 

He may have indeed brought those intangible qualities to both Denver and NY.  The links suggested that there were players who didn't take to Tebow. Reasons? who knows. I think one could argue he was a distraction on those two teams. One could argue either way whether BB will be able to control having Tebow on the team - after all - Tebow himself isn't causing the distractions directly per se.

[/QUOTE]
    I, for one, believe that BB would embrace the opportunity to show everyone how you do control having Tebow on the team. You may be onto something there now, Anon......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I, for one, believe that BB would embrace the opportunity to show everyone how you do control having Tebow on the team. You may be onto something there now, Anon......

There may be nothing at all.  It was something that was actually said offhandedly by a fellow poster about the players' celebrations after both of Tebow's TD throws.

IMO, if Tebow makes the cut (which I think he will, but for outside-of-the box reasons) - the players should give him a fair shake.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps Tebow is a litmus test for the existing players. The team seems to have lost some of its former standards of character. Those who dislike Tebow may be exposing their true nature. That might end them up on a list slated for departure if the right opportunity avails itself.