Tebow at 22

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

Tebow at 22

I know that everyone will get mad at this,  but he is supposably the best college player ever.  You can't say that that will turn out as a draft bust.  He is the player with the most upside in the draft.  Even if he is a bust its not that big of a deal.  Look at Ben Watson,  nobody is mad at that pick even though he is a scrub and is already down the road. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Re: Tebow at 22

Sorry to be blunt, but...

NO. The Pats have bigger needs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Even if he's a bust its not that big of a deal?  This is the deepest draft in years, and we have tons of needs to fill, and we would take a QUARTERBACK with the biggest bust potential of all the players in the draft?  And by the way, Tebow doesn't have even remotely close to the biggest upside in the draft.  

Drafting Tebow in the first round would be a mistake even for a team in desperate need of a quarterback.  For a team with Tom Brady, and a lot of holes to fill, it would be a catastrophic blunder.  Sorry, but just forget about it because it's not going to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

NO
    Clear enough?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

You're an idiot.

Tebow isn't the best college football player ever either. Not even close.

And Tebow has no NFL upside. Being a system QB at florida is what it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Tebow at 22:
    I know that everyone will get mad at this,  but he is supposably the best college player ever.  You can't say that that will turn out as a draft bust.  He is the player with the most upside in the draft.  Even if he is a bust its not that big of a deal.  Look at Ben Watson,  nobody is mad at that pick even though he is a scrub and is already down the road. 
    Posted by nickelbean

I love how this is the argument for drafting Tebow "Even if he is a bust its not that big of a deal.  Look at Ben Watson,  nobody is mad at that pick even though he is a scrub and is already down the road.". This is the reason why the Pats are in so much trouble right now, you can't keep taking risks in the draft and expect to compete in the future. The draft is to continue your sucess. Tebow will never replace Tom Brady. Brady doesn't need a replacement until five years down the road, at the earliest. Sorry folks, Belichick won't draft him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

WOW your a moron and a coward for not defending your thread when it gets ripped apart. LOL I love people like you , you thread/post something so stupid its funny and then run/hide when you get called out and made a fool of. First of all I dont know anyone that really believes Tebow is the best college player EVER , not one! Second and maybe your dumbest assesment , Tebow does not have the most upside in the draft , not even close. I can list AT LEAST 50 players w/ more upside. Third and maybe your dumbest ...oh right... W T F are you talking about , no-one is mad that Watson was a bust? Are you even serious or are you sitting back laughing w/ your on-line g/f? Who the f#ck isnt pissed we wasted a first round pick on him and Maroney/Meriweather for that matter. "Nobody cares that he was a bust" , seriously what are you on? This might be one of the dumbest threads ever. Tebow couldnt even come close to playing the QB position in college and you want to waste a first round pick on him?

And Im calling BULLCHIT  on all those who keep on insisting that this is the deepest draft in years. Seriously Ive been calling you guys out all year , but nobody has the balls to go at it w/ me. I really dont care that no-one likes me on here , NONE of you will/can debate w/ me because 99% of you guys know chit about the game or any sports for that matter. LOL All you guys listen/watch the radio/TV to get your info and opinion , none have any original thoughts! Seriously , come at me , EVERYONE of you keep saying this is the deepest draft in years...maybe ever , LOL and Im calling BS! If you dont like and think Im full of it then prove it , step up and pretend you have a set. If your going to make a statment like that , then you have to back it up. But since most if not all on here are 100% pure garbage you cant and can only repeat what you heard on the NFL Network.

ANYTIME...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoBS14. Show NoBS14's posts

nickelbean please reserve these sort of silly posts for 11 or 12 year olds.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm getting pumped that division rival Buffalo will actually draft Wonderlic Tebow at #9.  Wes Bunting at National Football Post is, as they go, a good draft prognosticator, and that's his call.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mock-Draft-50.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I am conflicted on the subject of nickelbean. He seems pretty stupid, but that may be because he is very young and simply says whatever he thinks without really reasoning it through. Then, sometimes, I think he might be taking a lot of drugs, but he seems to be able to articulate his lunatic offerings fairly clearly -- which would tend to discount that theory. Just lately I'm starting to think that maybe he's lonely and he's just fishing for responses with all these minor variations on the same topics over and over again.

But mostly I don't care.

What kind of cookies do you think Tim Tebow likes?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

good god...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I guess there are more unemployed Football scouts in New England then anywheres else on the planet. You folks are funny! I watched Tim play football for 3 years at UF and all he did was win!! You go ahead and draft an undersized tweener to play the hybrid OLB/DE it won't improve the Patriots!! They need playmakers and one way to make someone else bite on Tebow ahead of the Patriots draft choice is to drum up interest in him,he is an unknown will he be the steal of the draft? Who knows but he surely has peeked the interest of several teams. So let the chips fall where they may,but if someone takes Tebow before the #22 then maybe just maybe a real position player falls to the Patriots because of another teams gamble.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

WAYYYYYY too high for Tebow.  I bet he'd still be available in the 2nd round and possibly into the 3rd round.

Also, good in college doesn't mean good in the pros.  College is about systems (option and whatnot) whereas pros are about athleticism and football smarts (MUCH bigger and more complicated playbooks)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

LOL the guy couldnt play QB in college , what gives anyone the idea that he can play it in the pros?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1193371. Show user_1193371's posts

Now, I live in Orlando, FL (but I am a true Patriots fan); I know first hand that Tebow is highly regarded.  On the other hand, the Patriots are hated by most people in Florida (because of two Florida football teams).  Drafting Tebow at 22 is good thing if he is available to the Patriots.  If he is drafted at 22, he will get 3-5 years to correct his quarter-back skills while he works as an option quarter-back and the tide-end.  These are the needs for the Patriots (1) to get respect, (2) as an option quarter-back, (3) as a tide-end.  In addition, he will make sure that Brady does not sit on his accomplishments.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow at 22:
    Now, I live in Orlando, FL (but I am a true Patriots fan); I know first hand that Tebow is highly regarded.   On the other hand, the Patriots are hated by most people in Florida (because of two Florida football teams).   Drafting Tebow at 22 is good thing if he is available to the Patriots.   If he is drafted at 22, he will get 3-5 years to correct his quarter-back skills while he works as an option quarter-back and the tide-end.   These are the needs for the Patriots (1) to get respect, (2) as an option quarter-back, (3) as a tide-end.   In addition, he will make sure that Brady does not sit on his accomplishments.
    Posted by MAcharekar

First off, the Patriots don't give a sh*t about what Floridians think about them. They are two different regions. Florida is in the South, the Pats reside in the North East. Second, in 3-5 years, the only person I want quaterbacking these New England Patriots is a guy named Thomas Edward Brady Sr. of San Mateo, California. So drafting Tebow would be a waste. Thirdly, The Patriots don't need a gimmick--Tebow is a gimmick-- to gain respect. They'll earn respect by winning Superbowls. And as far as your Patriots' "needs" list goes

a.) We don't need respect. The Pats are still considered the model franchise of the NFL. 
    b.) The Pats don't need an option QB, they have a great one and he will distribute the ball as he sees fit. I trust no one else taking the snap. 
    c.) The Pats don't need a TE, their TEs are OLmen. And if they wanted a pass catching TE they would draft a TE that has played at the position his whole life. Not some glorified clown who runs a 4.70 with 0 agility or finesse. 

Unless Belichick has suddenly turned senile, I don't see him drafting Tebow until round 6, at the earliest. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow at 22:
    nickelbean  please reserve these sort of silly posts for 11 or 12 year olds.  
    Posted by NoBS14

HEY! We know a lot about football too!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Tebow has the bacony stench of Canadian football league all over him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Ehough with the Tebow foolishness please.  They shouldn't even waste a fourth rounder on him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

How many threads about Tebow coming to NE do you think we can start by draft day?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

if we take him at 22 thatd be great!!! Tebow will be the next John Elway!!! and all his haters can !@$% a #%$%^^# and go #%^%$%&&$ with a %#$@Q$%^$# sooo far up there %%#$@^#%$@#@#$%^ that you can hear you small intestines producing $#!#.... LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Yeah, "thatd be great" if you never want to win another Super Bowl.  No thanks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

meg... do i have to repeat myself??? !@$% a #%$%^^# and go #%^%$%&&$ with a %#$@Q$%^$# sooo far up there %%#$@^#%$@#@#$%^ that you can hear you small intestines producing $#!#....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Yawn.  Bright guy you are. 

Sections
Shortcuts