Tebow, Christianity and the Media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Tebow, Christianity and the Media

In Response to Tebow, Christianity and the Media:
    This quote is from Michael Silver's column on Yahoo Sports this week. It brings up many questions about the role of religion, prostylizing vs. self expression, First Ammendment rights and what kind of controversy players will bring with them etc. Your thoughts? Last week, one AFC front-office executive went so far as to turn Tebow’s biggest perceived positive against him, saying the quarterback’s much-publicized embracing of Christian values and immense popularity made him a less attractive draft pick. “I don’t want any part of him or the circus,” the executive said. “At some point, as a team, don’t you have to be concerned with what comes with him? The guy has never met a microphone he didn’t like, and he’s obviously got a message. I think he needs to go away and hide for awhile.”
    Posted by NYC

First Amendment Rights?

Is the government trying to pass a law against Tim Tebow speaking about religion?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow, Christianity and the Media:
    In Response to Re: Tebow, Christianity and the Media : No it is not being forced on them. If a Jewish or Muslim person wanted to say a prayer over the PA system, I might Think it was weird but I wouldnt whine about it and gripe and moan and complain, and it is not because I am a Christian, It is because I wouldnt want to look like a jerk. Which I think most reasonable human beings would think. I think most people who are not left wing nut jobs would just keep their opinions to themselves. I dont recall any outcry for anything like this nor do I recall any Muslim or Jewish person ever offering to make a public prayer so i have no point of reference for that. But this is the age of diversity so any reasonable person would think that saying something would be viewed as devisive. SO your assertion that Christians would stand up and clamour holds no basis of reality and is just an opinion.
    Posted by Colosoxman

Yes, it is. If they don't like it but simply go along as they basically feel peer pressure, then they are being subjected to something they don't want. That is what I don't like about people who take advantage of this kind of scenario - you are the bad guy for speaking out against it when it is well within your right not to have to listen to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow, Christianity and the Media : Well, we've never met, so it's nothing personal.  But if you're implying there are too many Southern Baptists in the NFL then I would take issue with that, yes.
    Posted by Muzwell

Some people in this thread have implied that there is a bias in the NFL againts Tebow simply because he is religious.

I hear that Tebow is a Southern Baptist

I said there are alot of southern Baptist  in the NFL and no one has a problem with that/them.

I was just making a point.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

29 of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence had Theology degrees. So, yes, the country was founded on the freedom to express Christian belief.   

http://www.eadshome.com/QuotesoftheFounders.htm

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninroch. Show patsfaninroch's posts

If he is such a big hot crap Chrisitian how is he going to work on the sabbath.  I think there is a commandment or something about honoring the sabbath.  How are all these die hards in the NFL justifying working on the sabbath?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Colosoxman. Show Colosoxman's posts

If he is such a big hot crap Chrisitian how is he going to work on the sabbath.  I think there is a commandment or something about honoring the sabbath.  How are all these die hards in the NFL justifying working on the sabbath?
    Posted by patsfaninroch

Uh Sabath would be Saturday. Actually Friday 6PM to Saturday 6 PM

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow, Christianity and the Media :  Uh Sabath would be Saturday. Actually Friday 6PM to Saturday 6 PM
    Posted by Colosoxman

which our Jewish brothers observe. its not a Christian thing

Sections
Shortcuts