Tebow Cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Tebow Cut

I still put out a 20% chance that Tebow comes back in week 2. 

If anyone should pick Tebow up, the Jets are still on the hook for $1.5 million for nothing.  At this point BB doesn't see the Jets as a particular contender, so that's not particularly important to him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Thank You Belichick.

OK, I guess that means I am never gonna live this one down then eh? Ya know, being wrong doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would! On your mark, get set.....................one last thing............I would say that if BB can't find a redeeming quality in Tim as a legit contributor on his team, it likely means the end of Tebow's NFL carreer. HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL TFB!!!! To my dismay, I was wrrrrrrroooon, I was wroooooooooooowoooowoo, I was WRONG!

Meh. The tea leaves looked like Tebow was going to stick. Apparently it was all hot air from BB and Kraft. 

I can assure you of one thing. The last guy kept instead of Tebow will amount to ZERO. But then, that's what the last guy always amounts to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Great role model Just flat out bad as a qb. Best of luck, I hope he catches on somewhere and improves his game..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

I still put out a 20% chance that Tebow comes back in week 2. 

If anyone should pick Tebow up, the Jets are still on the hook for $1.5 million for nothing.  At this point BB doesn't see the Jets as a particular contender, so that's not particularly important to him.

It is possible he could be back. There are a lot of injuries in the NFL. A roster spot could open back up in a week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

boston.com is in crash mode.  Keep replies short!

Buffalo has a gaping wound at cornerback.  A running QB such as Tebow will be useless against Buffalo.

On the other hand, against the Jets, Tebow would be motivated.  Run sub-packages only, of course.

I can't think of a team that would pick up Tebow right now.  Buffalo?  Not the Jets at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Thank You Belichick.

OK, I guess that means I am never gonna live this one down then eh? Ya know, being wrong doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would! On your mark, get set.....................one last thing............I would say that if BB can't find a redeeming quality in Tim as a legit contributor on his team, it likely means the end of Tebow's NFL carreer. HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL TFB!!!! To my dismay, I was wrrrrrrroooon, I was wroooooooooooowoooowoo, I was WRONG!

Meh. The tea leaves looked like Tebow was going to stick. Apparently it was all hot air from BB and Kraft. 

I can assure you of one thing. The last guy kept instead of Tebow will amount to ZERO. But then, that's what the last guy always amounts to.

I gotta say that I truly did think for all of the intagible reasons, he would stick. It almost seemed destined to happen with all of the bad that has stained the brand this last few months. You know, kind of a "Good Guy" doesn't finish last message. I honestly can't stomach the constant outward expression of his faith. BUT, I do admire his committment to it. Looks like an opportunity lost to make a very valuable point with the guys on the squad. Regardless, I absolutely trust BB, I just misread his steps with this. I hope he is right with the decision. I guess we will see how the team responds off of the field moving forward.........

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

[QUOTE]

Glad that's over. Commie's sources must be devastated

LOL

I tried to warn Babe and his delusional self that BB was really throwing Tebow a bone before Tebow starts selling insurance in Gainesville or goes for a tryout in the CFL, where a franchise builds a playbook of 80% WIldcat and Read Option based plays.

[/QUOTE]

And do you have any evidence that BB was throwing a bone dumbkoff? No, just like you have no evidence for all your BS ravings. LMAO@U

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thank You Belichick.

LMAO!  Good post, RallyC.  Fun while it lasted.  But I'm heartbroken!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank You Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

And if that last guy is Marquice Cole then I will be furious!  Give me Tebow and what he can do for the team over Cole.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well, why else did he bring in Tebow here when Tebow can't throw and our only QB backup is Mallett?  There were numerous other QBs who can throw who could have taken the camp reps and played in the games. NUMEROUS.

Tebow is the only draft prospect BB took out to eat in Boston before the draft in 2010.

How is that for evidence? They respect his character, passion to play, his career in college, etc, but this was never anything more than an extended tryout and a favor.

Tebow is done in the NFL. No team will touch him now, but at least BB showed he was interested to try to help his rep.

Simple. Simple for people with a brain, Babe.

That's not evidence you dimwit. It's speculation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank You Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

And if that last guy is Marquice Cole then I will be furious!  Give me Tebow and what he can do for the team over Cole.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Not a fan on Cole at all. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BB doing Tebow a solid one here by releasing him to see if some of these other teams looking for a QB will pick him up and use him.  If not, Tebow will be back.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

[QUOTE]

Glad that's over. Commie's sources must be devastated

LOL

I tried to warn Babe and his delusional self that BB was really throwing Tebow a bone before Tebow starts selling insurance in Gainesville or goes for a tryout in the CFL, where a franchise builds a playbook of 80% WIldcat and Read Option based plays.

[/QUOTE]

And do you have any evidence that BB was throwing a bone dumbkoff? No, just like you have no evidence for all your BS ravings. LMAO@U

[/QUOTE]

Well, why else did he bring in Tebow here when Tebow can't throw and our only QB backup is Mallett?  There were numerous other QBs who can throw who could have taken the camp reps and played in the games. NUMEROUS.

Tebow is the only draft prospect BB took out to eat in Boston before the draft in 2010.

How is that for evidence? They respect his character, passion to play, his career in college, etc, but this was never anything more than an extended tryout and a favor.

Tebow is done in the NFL. No team will touch him now, but at least BB showed he was interested to try to help his rep.

Simple. Simple for people with a brain, Babe.

[/QUOTE]
    Russ, "An extended try-out", maybe. BUT "a favor", no. BB brought the kid in for all of the reasons you mention above, but not as a favor. BB got with Josh and they decided to take a shot on him with the best interests of the NE Patriots in mind. They never owed TT a thing just as they owe no player anything. So, yeah, extended tryout or experiement? YES. Favor? no way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank You Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO This team has sooooo many worthless street chumps that the minions here wring their hands over as they envision them riding off into the sunset on the way to the HOF after a great career. It's comical.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Amazing that so many have spoken so much about so little (ie TT).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

BB doing Tebow a solid one here by releasing him to see if some of these other teams looking for a QB will pick him up and use him.  If not, Tebow will be back.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

We all know that BB obviously likes Tim as a "football player". There are times when the coaches cut bait with a guy because they know he will get lost in the shuffle to give them a shot at more relevance with another team. This is considered PROFESSIONAL COURTESY in the NFL. TFB, maybe so.........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Babe, how long have you been around this team? You should know by now that you never listen to BB or Kraft to get a feel for what they think about a player. Heck I forget the player but BB talked the guy up as if he was the day 1 starter then 3 days later cut him.

The tea leaves you should have been reading was camp reports and watching the games. Tebow just wasn't any good as a QB. I'll admit game 4 was his best but it was a mediocre performance and combined with game 2 and game 1 not worth a 53rd spot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

LMAO This team has sooooo many worthless street chumps that the minions here wring their hands over as they envision them riding off into the sunset on the way to the HOF after a great career. It's comical.

What does that say about Tebow if he couldn't even beat out a street chump?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Babe, how long have you been around this team? You should know by now that you never listen to BB or Kraft to get a feel for what they think about a player. Heck I forget the player but BB talked the guy up as if he was the day 1 starter then 3 days later cut him.

The tea leaves you should have been reading was camp reports and watching the games. Tebow just wasn't any good as a QB. I'll admit game 4 was his best but it was a mediocre performance and combined with game 2 and game 1 not worth a 53rd spot.

But Eng, wait until we know who the 53rd player is. Then do your analysis. Put them side by side with Tim and tell me who has more positive potential impact on 2013-14. The decision is made and I trust BB is doing the right thing. I just find it hard to believe based on the bigger picture that it was right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The offense was inept when Tebow was on the field.  He was QB for 19 possessions which resulted in 21 points.  That is why he was cut.  The idea that he outplayed Mallett this preseason is laughable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB and Kraft don't talk much about prospective players, period. So it was unusual in that regard.

Worth the 53rd spot? The 53rd spot is worth nothing. I'm buying TFB12's take on this. BB did him a favor and opened him up for some offers after his strong showing in the last game. He outplayed Mallet (eye test or not).

For all we know, BB would have kept him if he did poorly in that last game. (speculation)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Disagree. McDaniels drafted him in Denver and I think that played a part into it. They needed a 3rd camp QB, so BB said "sure, why not".

No gauranteed contract or money. McDaniels wanted to see where he was from 3 years ago, BB loves Tebow in terms of the person, so he caved and it was a no harm, no foul situation.

BB might comment how great he was  as  a student here, for one last gasp for a team to take him on, but I just think his career is over in the NFL and they wanted to give him one last chance.

Pretty obvious to me from the beginning because the best coach in NFL history, one of the best talent evaluators isn't making special concessions for a QB who can't throw, just because he likes him.

BB approved extended tryout.  

Just think, the Jets TRADED a 4th rd pick for him and paid his 1st rd pick money to be a backup for no reason.

We used him to take reps in preseason and throw him a bone. lmao

I don't see that as a favor. I see what you say here as a legit opoortunity to make the team. I know, semantics. Still, not a favor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm reading that if a guy gets cut before the final 53 man roster, his contract is not guaranteed if he gets resigned after the first week. Obviously the vet minimum is more than a street scrub deal. Can anybody confirm that?