Tebow Cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Tebow Cut

In response to russgriswold's comment:

So, a guy that can't throw as a QB being given a spot in camp as a QB is not a favor when he was unemployed and about ready to go up to Canada to tryout for a CFL club?

It's completely a favor and one last chance because no other NFL team was going to touch him, dude.

It was reported that NE was sort of investigating how the media was following him as he worked out at OSU.

That should tell you another reasoon why teams didn't want to take him on after the circus season with the Jets.

It was totally a favor to get him a paycheck this summer instead of not having a paycheck.

That's like giving a spot to an RB in camp who has one leg.  It doesn't make sense. Tebow would have had to have shown massive improvement in throwing, and 4 years in, you just knew it wasn't going to happen.

The Tim Tebow drama in the NFL is now officially over.

So, BB kept Tim on the roster until final cut day as a favor? Russ, I don't agree with you. You don't cut a guy on final cut day if you were intent on doing him a favor. They were trying to work him into a slot, plain and simple. Now, argue some more and I will disengage for the sake of everybody. Any player will tell you that the absolute WORST time to be cut is on FINAL CUT DAY both personally and strategicaly for your carreer. FACT. Even yesterday would have been 100-times better bfore final cut day. That is proof of a favor, this was proof of, "We really wanted to keep him."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

BB and Kraft don't talk much about prospective players, period. So it was unusual in that regard.

Worth the 53rd spot? The 53rd spot is worth nothing. I'm buying TFB12's take on this. BB did him a favor and opened him up for some offers after his strong showing in the last game. He outplayed Mallet (eye test or not).

For all we know, BB would have kept him if he did poorly in that last game. (speculation)

BB always talks about players during camp. He mentions who had good practices all the time. He still gives no info but he does mention players all the time in camp.

BTW didn't you call me insane for speculating or as you put it "Because it's completely made up" correct me if I'm wrong but did BB and Kraft come to you and tell you why they released him? you know "That's what Rusty does"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Thank You Belichick.

OK, I guess that means I am never gonna live this one down then eh? Ya know, being wrong doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would! On your mark, get set.....................one last thing............I would say that if BB can't find a redeeming quality in Tim as a legit contributor on his team, it likely means the end of Tebow's NFL carreer. HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL TFB!!!! To my dismay, I was wrrrrrrroooon, I was wroooooooooooowoooowoo, I was WRONG!

Meh. The tea leaves looked like Tebow was going to stick. Apparently it was all hot air from BB and Kraft. 

I can assure you of one thing. The last guy kept instead of Tebow will amount to ZERO. But then, that's what the last guy always amounts to.

[/QUOTE]

Jersey sales, Babe and Rally.  Jersey sales.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

But Eng, wait until we know who the 53rd player is. Then do your analysis. Put them side by side with Tim and tell me who has more positive potential impact on 2013-14. The decision is made and I trust BB is doing the right thing. I just find it hard to believe based on the bigger picture that it was right.

I can tell you right now Tebow isn't worth a 53 spot even before I know who player 53 is. Tebow would have been a 3rd QB who wouldn't have seen the field unless Brady went down then maybe not even until Mallett went down. So if the 53rd man is anyone who see the field even just for STs or is an extra OL and ends up replacing depth when an OL gets injured they would have provided more than Tebow would have in 13'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm reading that if a guy gets cut before the final 53 man roster, his contract is not guaranteed if he gets resigned after the first week. Obviously the vet minimum is more than a street scrub deal. Can anybody confirm that?

This is true.  If a veteran with four or more credited seasons makes the initial roster, but is cut after the first day of the regular season, his pay is guaranteed for the year.  If he is cut before the first day of the regular season, he's not entitled to this "termination" pay. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

But Eng, wait until we know who the 53rd player is. Then do your analysis. Put them side by side with Tim and tell me who has more positive potential impact on 2013-14. The decision is made and I trust BB is doing the right thing. I just find it hard to believe based on the bigger picture that it was right.

I can tell you right now Tebow isn't worth a 53 spot even before I know who player 53 is. Tebow would have been a 3rd QB who wouldn't have seen the field unless Brady went down then maybe not even until Mallett went down. So if the 53rd man is anyone who see the field even just for STs or is an extra OL and ends up replacing depth when an OL gets injured they would have provided more than Tebow would have in 13'

OK, time will tell. I still have doubts that any depth guy could have the positive impact and influence over the Patriot Brand that Tim Tebow does. Intangibles for the most sophisticated franchise in sports are relevant. I think it is a strong, strategic opportunity lost for us. It goes beyond an X's and O's thing. This is HUGE business beyond just being the #53, 3rd teamer who plays 3-downs all season long.  Consider the segment of the population that love Tim simply becasue of his faith and the money that they inject as ticket and Patriot gear buyers. Dude, there is likely not a more famous 53rd player to have ever played in the NFL ever. I'm not guessing here. This is the part that really makes it hard for me to understand. The business side of the decision is very questionable. NOBODY ever thought he was coming to the Patriots to throw the ball. It was everything else that he can do is what makes him interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank You Belichick.

OK, I guess that means I am never gonna live this one down then eh? Ya know, being wrong doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would! On your mark, get set.....................one last thing............I would say that if BB can't find a redeeming quality in Tim as a legit contributor on his team, it likely means the end of Tebow's NFL carreer. HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL TFB!!!! To my dismay, I was wrrrrrrroooon, I was wroooooooooooowoooowoo, I was WRONG!

Meh. The tea leaves looked like Tebow was going to stick. Apparently it was all hot air from BB and Kraft. 

I can assure you of one thing. The last guy kept instead of Tebow will amount to ZERO. But then, that's what the last guy always amounts to.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Preseason ratings, preseason ticket sales, maybe jersey sales. The only thing Tebow is great at is gate: he has a die hard following of gator fans and born-agains that flock to where he is playing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank You Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Preseason ratings, preseason ticket sales, maybe jersey sales. The only thing Tebow is great at is gate: he has a die hard following of gator fans and born-agains that flock to where he is playing. 

[/QUOTE]
    Z, and that in itself make him the most relevant 53rd man on any team in the NFL. No?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

BB and Kraft don't talk much about prospective players, period. So it was unusual in that regard.

Worth the 53rd spot? The 53rd spot is worth nothing. I'm buying TFB12's take on this. BB did him a favor and opened him up for some offers after his strong showing in the last game. He outplayed Mallet (eye test or not).

For all we know, BB would have kept him if he did poorly in that last game. (speculation)

BB always talks about players during camp. He mentions who had good practices all the time. He still gives no info but he does mention players all the time in camp.

BTW didn't you call me insane for speculating or as you put it "Because it's completely made up" correct me if I'm wrong but did BB and Kraft come to you and tell you why they released him? you know "That's what Rusty does"

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it was my opinion. I said for all we know. Big difference.

All we know is the TT is cut. Was he signed as a favor? Was he cut because he played well and won the game late against the Giants so he can get signed by another team? Will we sign him back because the more expensive vet contract won't be guaranteed?

That is all speculation. I don't claim any of them to be my opinion as you did, or in dumbkoff's case, claim it as fact.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OK, time will tell. I still have doubts that any depth guy could have the positive impact and influence over the Patriot Brand that Tim Tebow does. Intangibles for the most sophisticated franchise in sports are relevant. I think it is a strong, strategic opportunity lost for us. It goes beyond an X's and O's thing. This is HUGE business beyond just being the #53, 3rd teamer who plays 3-downs all season long.  Consider the segment of the population that love Tim simply becasue of his faith and the money that they inject as ticket and Patriot gear buyers. Dude, there is likely not a more famous 53rd player to have ever played in the NFL ever. I'm not guessing here. This is the part that really makes it hard for me to understand. The business side of the decision is very questionable. NOBODY ever thought he was coming to the Patriots to throw the ball. It was everything else that he can do is what makes him interesting.

I am in 100% agreement with you on this.  Ev en if Rusty doesn't believe it, it was reported in the off season that BB lost some of the locker room, that there was a bit of negativity there.  Tebow could do wonders with that.   A guy who never gives up, gives it his all, stays after practice to work on his craft.. What a great example to rookies and even the vets.   Did you not see how well Tebow is liked on the sidelines at the end of the Giants game, both coaches and players were giving him props.  Unreal!  The guy has a following, even after the game Giants players were looking for him.  

Like I said, give me Tebow over Cole or whoever the 53rd man is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The offense was inept when Tebow was on the field.  He was QB for 19 possessions which resulted in 21 points.  That is why he was cut.  The idea that he outplayed Mallett this preseason is laughable.

That is about 1.5 games in drives. 

About 14 ppg.

That was about his average on the back end at Denver.

It's about his ceiling as a QB. 

A really unproductive offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am in 100% agreement with you on this.  Ev en if Rusty doesn't believe it, it was reported in the off season that BB lost some of the locker room, that there was a bit of negativity there.  Tebow could do wonders with that.   A guy who never gives up, gives it his all, stays after practice to work on his craft.. What a great example to rookies and even the vets.   Did you not see how well Tebow is liked on the sidelines at the end of the Giants game, both coaches and players were giving him props.  Unreal!  The guy has a following, even after the game Giants players were looking for him.  

[/QUOTE]
    All day long........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

His Twitter page says he's an NFL quarterback. 

Maybe he hasn't heard the news yet, lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

[QUOTE]

I would argue he never should have been here in the first place.

I think that will always be the question. Given BB's ties to Meyer/Florida, and the fact that he's done things like this, I think it was about giving the kid a home and paycheck for an offseason. 

But that is just my speculation. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you and Rusty see it that way. Great minds think alike.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

They paid him nothing, made money on his jerseys and they used him as a crash test dummy for preseason.  No wonder these guys own everything!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

His Twitter page says he's an NFL quarterback. 

Maybe he hasn't heard the news yet, lol

He's still going through the progressions

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Post the primary sourced report that "BB lost the locker room".

Total garbage.

[/QUOTE]

You post wild speculation daily dumbkoff. Then get all out of sorts when somebody else does. LMAO@U

Why don't you post your source showing that Brady defies BB and runs the shotgun or that there is a "vast right wing conspiracy" against BB. Tool.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

He's done, gone, extinct, ex post facto....have a great CFL career TT...Prolate will dig ya and the little baby Jesus!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Right there is enough for me to say no. Kraft knows it's a business but gave the reigns to BB. BB doesn't look at the business end just what will win games. As a fan I don't care if the player sells jerseys so if anyone says he should be on the team for sales purposes and not that he can actually play then to me that instantly says he doesn't belong. Football is to win games not sell jerseys and that's one thing Kraft got right because he thinks about it from a fans stand point of wanting to win games and not like the sales blind him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I didn't say it was my opinion. I said for all we know. Big difference.

All we know is the TT is cut. Was he signed as a favor? Was he cut because he played well and won the game late against the Giants so he can get signed by another team? Will we sign him back because the more expensive vet contract won't be guaranteed?

That is all speculation. I don't claim any of them to be my opinion as you did, or in dumbkoff's case, claim it as fact.

All I know is just a way around saying it's my opinion because you are forming an opinion from what you know. For all we know Aliens came down and planted a bug in BB's head that caused him to lose his mind during camp to sign Tebow. That by far and away is much more insane that what I said. Stop tryng to wiggle out of it. I called you out on it so next time don't make statements you yourself are guilty for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Babe is always the first guy to jump on our guys and say they suck, but this no talent bum should get a pass? Gimme a break, Tebow won't be back! Someone said it best, if BB had let Tebow on the roster after such a dreadful preseason he would've lost a ton of credibility in the locker room/NFL. 

36 other guys bust their @55 to make this team and were released for not being good enough, but useless Tim Tebow should get a pass? 

Also, TFB12, besides the fact that Cole helps the team in ST as a gunner, as Arrington's back up in the slot and as an emergence S while Tebow wouldn't have dressed on most sundays, Cole wasn't the 53rd man. His spot was secured with Dowling being cut. 

Useless Jake Bequette/Tavon Wilson were!