Tebow in NY is Toxic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Tebow in NY is Toxic

Ok, I got nothing against Tebow. Seems like a decent dude but I do have a problem with him as a member of loudmouth, tough talking, "big, bad" NY Jets. The Jets are already a media phenomenon/spectacle without Tebow. With Tebow, all the media energy of the NFL gets sucked to the Jets. All we are going to hear about is Jets/Tebow/Jets/Tebow for as long as he is there and a threat to take Sanchez's job.

As a Pats fan I have prided the team for itis conservative media approach emphasizing the team first and humility. The Pats have gotten their just due of media attention and I am happy with it. On the other hand, Rex Ryan's continual and non-stop antics and boasts have annoyed me. I am frightened the rest of the NFL is only going to be a side show to the Rex and Tebow main event. What's more we will lose a sense of the hard work, dedication, sacrifice that so many players make to create a great league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Tebow in NY is Toxic

Tebow is already hated by a lot of people for what ever their reasons are. He probably expects this in NY but he can make a ton of coin on the side. In reality 2 years in the NY market and he won't have to be an all pro in the NFL. He could comfortably start his mission with his millions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow in NY is Toxic:
    [QUOTE]Tebow is already hated by a lot of people for what ever their reasons are. He probably expects this in NY but he can make a ton of coin on the side. In reality 2 years in the NY market and he won't have to be an all pro in the NFL. He could comfortably start his mission with his millions.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

I don't care if he cashes in. I am concerned that all we are going to hear about everyday/everynight is the latest drama with the NY Jets/Ryan and Tebow. I can't take the media barrage anymore. What is left of the sport may disappear into reality TV.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Tebow in NY is Toxic:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I got nothing against Tebow. Seems like a decent dude but I do have a problem with him as a member of loudmouth, tough talking, "big, bad" NY Jets. The Jets are already a media phenomenon/spectacle without Tebow. With Tebow, all the media energy of the NFL gets sucked to the Jets. All we are going to hear about is Jets/Tebow/Jets/Tebow for as long as he is there and a threat to take Sanchez's job. As a Pats fan I have prided the team for itis conservative media approach emphasizing the team first and humility. The Pats have gotten their just due of media attention and I am happy with it. On the other hand, Rex Ryan's continual and non-stop antics and boasts have annoyed me. I am frightened the rest of the NFL is only going to be a side show to the Rex and Tebow main event. What's more we will lose a sense of the hard work, dedication, sacrifice that so many players make to create a great league.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

Frightened that the Jets will dominate the air waves???? Frightened???? Are you crazy? That would be wonderful. How many rings does Rex have as head coach so far? Heck, if he can keep this up for a decade that would be great!!!!!

If Tebow has a brother lets get him to NY too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Perhaps, if you are not in NY it is not so bad. I mean they just erected an enormous Tebow poster for Jockey just outside the Lincoln Tunnel in NJ and it is all you hear on the news.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Tannenbaum and Phat Rex ain't stvp!d...  If the 1 thing ya got goin' for you isn't actual performance on the field of play, but rather- Extreme connections with Goodell and The NFL League, coupled with The rampant glowing adoration of The Sporting World's Media pushed by your huge NY Market & their media-

Then the acquisition of Tim Tebow...even if he performs worse than Mark Sanchez ever has or will- Might actually STILL be enough for you to win The Superbowl next year (it's conceivable that they might not get a bad call, or even a single penalty against them, the entire season next year).

Cue jintsfan/babeparilli (undoubtedly the same person anyways).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I love it. the first loss will be the end of sanchez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Ryan's bluff and bluster were barely tolerable when New Jersey (green) was a legitimate playoff contender. Now that the Jests are back in their more familiar role as an also-ran, big splash media is all they have left. If Sparano is serious about playing those "wildcat" games that were so quickly sniffed out in Miami, I wish him luck, but what I really suspect that this is just another one of New Jersey's "Hey! Look at me!" moves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

To me it is demoralizing to live here and be subjected to this media driven, narcissistic insanity. As as a fan I have always been more interested in the big picture: what sport means to us in our society. In that sense, I have appreciated individuals sacrifice to the team and the humility by which people go to work. With Rex, the Jets, Tebow and the NY media market gearing up for a feast win or lose, my ideals will have a hard time surviving and I find that sad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tebow in NY is Toxic : first of all, rex/jets credibility as a coach and organization took a big hit last season, so nobody takes them too seriously or rex's boasts too seriously anymore. they just ain't that good a story when they stink .second, tebow did make the rest of the nfl second hand news for about 3 mos last year, but that novelty has worn off so i dont think you'll get the same coverage or hype this time around...btw i wouldn't call pats media approach conservative...paranoid more like it
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Who really gives a f()ck what YOU think, you can't even find your way to a Giants fan board.  Or do they have such a thing?  You are the new UD6.  Get lost, and keep your stupid opinions to yourself.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Fireman Ed is toxic!

Fireman Ed and the rest of Jets nation, I'm gonna play my heart out for you. J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Enjoy New York Tim!

Tebow gets booed at Yankees game

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim v New York YankeesGetty Images

While attending a Yankees game on Friday, Steelers quarterbackBen Roethlisberger said that the “feels bad” for “the Sanchez” because fans will be cheering for backup quarterback Tim Tebow during the first game of the 2012 season.

New York fans attending Sunday’s game at Yankees Stadium got a chance to chime in.

Art Stapleton of the Record reports via Twitter that Tim Tebow was shown on the large video monitor attending the game, and that his image was greeted with “loud boos.”  Later, Stapleton explained it as “[f]aint cheers” and “mostly boos.”

Though we won’t know what the fans at MetLife Stadium will do until they assemble for a Jets game and Tebow trots onto the field, it’s safe to say that Tebow won’t be hearing many cheers if/when he starts burning worms and/or putting balls in the front row.

UPDATE 10:29 p.m. ET:  The Associated Press item from the game also says that Tebow was booed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, I got nothing against Tebow. Seems like a decent dude but I do have a problem with him as a member of loudmouth, tough talking, "big, bad" NY Jets. The Jets are already a media phenomenon/spectacle without Tebow. With Tebow, all the media energy of the NFL gets sucked to the Jets. All we are going to hear about is Jets/Tebow/Jets/Tebow for as long as he is there and a threat to take Sanchez's job. As a Pats fan I have prided the team for itis conservative media approach emphasizing the team first and humility. The Pats have gotten their just due of media attention and I am happy with it. On the other hand, Rex Ryan's continual and non-stop antics and boasts have annoyed me. I am frightened the rest of the NFL is only going to be a side show to the Rex and Tebow main event. What's more we will lose a sense of the hard work, dedication, sacrifice that so many players make to create a great league.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with you that, over the long haul, the acquisition of Tebow
    will hurt the Goblins, more than help. You can just imagine how it's affected the confidence level of Mark Sanchez. Every time Sanchez makes a mistake, I can already hear the TeeeeBoow calls from the football-challenged Jets' fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

Tebow will be at least disliked by Patriot nation soon enough.  You should
    relish in the Jests stupidity, it only makes it easier for the Pats.

If you are that unhappy do the right thing and move away from
    the rotten apple!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow is already hated by a lot of people for what ever their reasons are. He probably expects this in NY but he can make a ton of coin on the side. In reality 2 years in the NY market and he won't have to be an all pro in the NFL. He could comfortably start his mission with his millions.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Just ask Sanchez

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Art Stapleton of the  Record  reports via Twitter that Tim Tebow was shown on the large video monitor attending the game, and that his image was greeted with “ loud boos .”  Later, Stapleton explained it as “[f]aint cheers” and “ mostly boos .”
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

See, that's not too bad then- "mostly boo's."  I think in New York, that's actually called "love".

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tebow in NY is Toxic : No Laz your thinking of fist-ing.I think thats why Jebus never goes to NY anymore.As for Tim he needs to take up a hobby while in NY,like maybe random acts of violence so he fits in better.
    Posted by sod11[/QUOTE]

The "few faint cheers", were those undoubtedly demonstrated by the only 6 Fans from whomever the visiting team was that day...  I'm just, If Tebow wants to be accepted by NYC Fans that badly, he shoulda at least considered taking part when they were subsequently shank-ed by the several dozen Yankee Fans outside the stadium post-game.  Something to consider, ya know- When in Rome...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I actually think the Tebow experiment could have worked if given time, but new system, backup to a QB with a different skill set, and no real career direction has doomed him. In the NFL once you are relegated to backupville it's nearly impossible to escape. By this time next year we will hear his name about as much as Troy Smith, and Jamarcus Russel, and Brady Quinn and the other big name college QBs that faded away.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Considering the intense hatred many evangelicals have for New York city, hiring their new messiah is a good PR move for the NFL  
     The Jets arn't going anywhere anyway so they might as well pull in the knuckle dragers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tebow in NY is Toxic : first of all, rex/jets credibility as a coach and organization took a big hit last season, so nobody takes them too seriously or rex's boasts too seriously anymore. they just ain't that good a story when they stink .second, tebow did make the rest of the nfl second hand news for about 3 mos last year, but that novelty has worn off so i dont think you'll get the same coverage or hype this time around...btw i wouldn't call pats media approach conservative...paranoid more like it
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Don't be surprised if the hype continues. The NFL sees him as a chance to expand their market to millions of none football fan born again christians who will lay out $75 for a Tebow shirt no matter what team logo is on it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Tebow gets too much publicity (including threads here) for a guy who will be in Canada or in broadcasting (Christian network) in a few years.