Tebow is the new Wildcat, and he'll last just as long

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Tebow is the new Wildcat, and he'll last just as long

While I love that the Broncos beat the Jets, I can't help but think based on comments by Revis that teams weren't taking Tebow seriously.  Even so, he's throwing 45% and their offense only gains 290 yards per game.

Their defense scored almost half of their points last game.  Tebow only produced 10 points for them.

Just like the Dolphins a few years ago with the Wildcat, I think Tebow's time is limited.  When teams do take him seriously, he'll either have to fix his throwing mechanics and passing reads or he'll have to find another role on the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Tebow is the new Wildcat, and he'll last just as long

That's exactly what I've been thinking.  Defenses will adjust and Tebow's effectiveness will decline if he continues to play just like he's playing now. To win consistently in the NFL you need a high-quality passing game, and so Tebow's long-term success will depend primarily on whether he can become an elite passer.  Running QBs have their moments, but in the NFL, unlike in college, having a top passer is essential to an offense's long term success. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah nobody has ever thought of a running QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Yeah, but he's a "winner".  All he does is win.

I still don't get that saying.

An NFL team can only get by for so long without a QB who can pass the ball.   And Tebow looks terrible passing the ball.  His motion is so long and slow it's impossible for a D to not see who he is targeting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Anybody who thinks Tebow is going to march the team to the SB is wacky. But he looks to be capable of making a bad team better. It is typical of many runner/scramblers that weren't good passers through NFL history.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

You may be right Nick but just for laughs check these stats:

John Elway's 1st 5 games as a starter
    38 for 83 for 424 yards 1 TD 5 INT 2 wins 3 losses

Tim Tebow's 1st 5 games as a starter
    52 for 115 for 630 yards 6 TDs 1 INT 4 wins 1 loss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I was a big tebow fan and still am but after the Jets game I was actually more down on him then up.  Before the game I didn't think his accuracy was that bad but wow was he awful in that game.  He couldn't even make simple passes to wide open guys.  He will NOT last unless he can at least make the easy passes.

Oh and don't tell me what there doing is "working", the Jets held them to 10 points and like 150 total yards.  Week before that was about the same.  It's the Bronco's D that is saving Tebow's butt right now.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wildcat offense= Tebow

My thoughts exactly; there's no way this guy will ever make it as an nfl quarterback. None. Maybe the Broncos will slip into the playoffs this year and destroy their draft ranking, but he will not be the answer there or anywhere. He can't pass the ball at this level. It's a nice little run and story, and lord knows the Broncos have had very little of it lately, but it's not going to take them far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow is the new Wildcat, and he'll last just as long:
    [QUOTE]Wildcat offense= Tebow My thoughts exactly; there's no way this guy will ever make it as an nfl quarterback. None. Maybe the Broncos will slip into the playoffs this year and destroy their draft ranking, but he will not be the answer there or anywhere. He can't pass the ball at this level. It's a nice little run and story, and lord knows the Broncos have had very little of it lately, but it's not going to take them far.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

My opinion remains unchanged after their win over San Diego

Against competent coaching and superior quarterbacking, he'll either improve his passing above 55-60% or they'll lose

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Pat's defense may jettison him into the HOF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Pat's defense may jettison him into the HOF.
    Posted by southernpat[/QUOTE]

the Pats' weakness is pass defense and he's too inaccurate to capitalize

they'll be fine as long as they can block for Brady

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

tebow HAS to learn how to  throw the ball eventually the league will figure him out ala the wildcat as much as people gp crazy for tebowmaina lets not forget that the broncos d is the thing that is keeping them in gmaes right now

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Tim Tebow:

Further evidence (if you need it) that God has a sense of humor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Tebow sucks duck. 

BB will put out the gameplan out for how to ph*ck him up, can't wait to see them in Week 15.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Tim Tebow: Further evidence (if you need it) that God has a sense of humor.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

+1

lol it was funny to watch him beat the Jets

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

A Wildcat only has 9 lives. Tim Tebow will live eternally.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]A Wildcat only has 9 lives. Tim Tebow will live eternally.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]

only if he can learn to pass higher than 45%

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

So you obviously don't like Tebow, you have a lot of threads going to say that. Is this realy a secret crush?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]So you obviously don't like Tebow, you have a lot of threads going to say that. Is this realy a secret crush?
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

No

it's kinda a strong reaction to an even stronger fad.  i like the guy as a person.  i hate the guy as a QB.  doesn't belong in the NFL. like the Wildcat.  i hope he learns to pass like a normal QB.  but now i'm more upset that the defense is getting the shaft as they win games while scoring 1 or less offensive touchdowns

Sections
Shortcuts