Tebow is very valuable now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TB17JM16. Show TB17JM16's posts

Tebow is very valuable now

Let's just use Tebow for the remaining 3 preseason games, get him to become more servicable with reps and save our better 2 QB's for the real games!

To be fair to Tebow, if his skill set(scrambling,running,throwing deep) was nurtured by BB he could be effective at leading the offense. Well maybe not, I think Brady and Mallet are wayyy ahead of Tebow. 

Opinions for % of QB reps for whom in the next 3 preseason games?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Tebow is very valuable now

Better 2 QB's?

from todays practice via masslive.com...

Tim Tebow threw a couple really good passes after Brady went out, including a deep touchdown pass to wide receiver Julian Edelman and a dart over the middle to Kenbrell Thompkins.

Ryan Mallett completed about half of his passes with an interception.

---------------------

Mallet isn't progressing as fast or as well as I thought he would be at this stage.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

What is the deal with all the Tebow hate? He has a low completion percentage, but he often moves the chains because he trucks over defenders to help make up for that. He has more TDs than intereptions. He is a natural born leader. From what i have seen he can also put a lot of touch on the ball.

I don't get the hate. He plays the position a little differently yeah, but he gets the job done in other ways. Idk I'm a fan.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

What is the deal with all the Tebow hate? He has a low completion percentage, but he often moves the chains because he trucks over defenders to help make up for that. He has more TDs than intereptions. He is a natural born leader. From what i have seen he can also put a lot of touch on the ball.

I don't get the hate. He plays the position a little differently yeah, but he gets the job done in other ways. Idk I'm a fan.

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Hey Magicalhobo, please check your messages.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TB17JM16's comment:

Let's just use Tebow for the remaining 3 preseason games, get him to become more servicable with reps and save our better 2 QB's for the real games!

To be fair to Tebow, if his skill set(scrambling,running,throwing deep) was nurtured by BB he could be effective at leading the offense. Well maybe not, I think Brady and Mallet are wayyy ahead of Tebow. 

To me that would hurt the receivers more than help them. Tebow is just bad at throwing the ball and often leaves receivers wide open for big hits. Not to mention Tebow holding on to the ball forever and scrambling to create broken plays hinders the receivers from practicing actual routes. What's the point of practicing timing routes if the QB doesn't bother throwing the ball? At least Mallett will get rid of the ball on a timing route.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Hobo, you have to separate that people don't hate Tebow the person but hate Tebow the player. He isn't a good QB in the least and is not an NFL QB by any standards. Yet he has a cult following that will defend him to the end saying that he just gets the job done while overlooking that in Den his D and kicker won most of the games and if not for his receivers making some great catches and runs after the catch his stats would be even worse. No team in the league fears a QB who can run the ball, but every team fears a QB that can scramble keep a play alive and throw on the move. If Tebow could learn to not take so much time, throw accurately, and learn to throw on the run he'd be deadly. Problem is that he has trouble throwing standing still. There's a reason Den dumped him for basically nothing and the QB desperate Jets decided after a single year they'd rather stick with Sanchez and draft a young rook than keep Tebow under no money. It's because he won't develop into a servicable QB and the media that follows him tends to PO the other teammates off. Like in Den, it wasn't Tebow that PO'd teammates off (though the preaching annoyed some) it was the constant media circus, same in NY. Tebow is held up to this standard he didn't earn and his teammates accomplishments were given to him. Now it's not happening as much in NE but still everyday there is a Tebow report and crowds of fans waiting for him. The media is still asking teammates about him, all for a 3rd string QB who hasn't proven anything more that a PS QB from some no name college. That has to weigh on players. Now it's not his fault but that what tags around with him and I don't see any other 3rd string QB in the league getting that much attention. If he wants to stick in this league it won't be as a QB but since that's all they are using him for right now can you honestly say he's worth a roster spot and justify it with something other than he's a winner or he gets it done?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You have got to be kidding.

It is amazing that reality takes a holiday for some when it comes to some pretty straight forward things like Climate Change, the half life of some radioactive materials, and Tim Tebow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

It has nothing to do with hate. Take a hint from the rest of the NFL... the guy has little ability to play QB in the NFL. Check out BOTH games he played against the Pats when he was playing for Denver... and note how mediocre our D was at that time.

It is not hate. He just clearly is a horrible QB. He is tough. He can run. He will do what a coach asks of him. He is evidently a really good guy. Too bad none of that overcomes he enormous lack of passing skills or ability to read Ds. Too bad this is not a single wing league.

Grow up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Tebow isn't valuable at all which is why nobody wanted him.  He could actually get our receivers hurt throwing up ducks...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

From what i have seen he can also put a lot of touch on the ball.

Pls tell me you are joking

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Agreed, Mallet should play almost all of Fridays game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

At least Mallett will get rid of the ball on a timing route.

Unfortunately it will be too often to the wrong guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

give mallett and tebow a half in each game.  If they're serious about looking at Tebow, they should see how he is in a pre-season game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

To me that would hurt the receivers more than help them. Tebow is just bad at throwing the ball and often leaves receivers wide open for big hits. Not to mention Tebow holding on to the ball forever and scrambling to create broken plays hinders the receivers from practicing actual routes. What's the point of practicing timing routes if the QB doesn't bother throwing the ball? At least Mallett will get rid of the ball on a timing route.

Which receivers has this "hurt" in the past?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Mallet isn't progressing as fast or as well as I thought he would be at this stage.

I will never understand this board's love affair with Mallett.  He's never done a thing in the NFL.  I've asked many time about the reasoning behind his perceived value.  All I get is, "rocket arm" and "he's big".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I wasn't joking at all with my last comment. I just think that when you look at a third string QB that Tebow isn't that bad. People talk about him like he is the worst player in the NFL by far, but he isn't THAT bad. He isn't taking up space on the 53 man roster yet, so why not have him in and see what he can do from a coach's perspective. I'm sure BB has a plan and if not then he won't be here after roster cuts. I would rather have TT than Brady Quinn.

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I will never understand this board's love affair with Mallett.  He's never done a thing in the NFL.  I've asked many time about the reasoning behind his perceived value.  All I get is, "rocket arm" and "he's big".

He has not had a chance to play thats why he has never done a thing.  Hopefully this will continue for a few more years.  He has the tools to be a good NFL QB, he still has a few more years to develop behind one of the greatest.

Lets face it, TT will never be the starting QB for the Pats.  If TB and RM were lost to injury i would bet that BB would find a veteran to play QB and not TT.

I would much rather see Edelman, Slater or Blount on the team before TT.  Nothing against him personally.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Towelie-Toke's comment:

give mallett and tebow a half in each game.  If they're serious about looking at Tebow, they should see how he is in a pre-season game.

We just saw last Friday night.  We have also seen him play many games over the last 4 years.  He is not very good.  Give Mallet some time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

TT is a risk worth taking for the Pats. Brady is getting older; Mallet will likely be gone next year and Tebow is a proven leader with intangible qualities (he knows how to win) who is worthy of the term "developmental". There is little downside to this decision other than the loss of the 53rd spot on the team. Even then, it is possible he will be cut at the end of camp and brought back if there is an injury to Brady or Mallet. If the Pats decide that, I am also ok with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

If Brady is getting older, why would Mallet be gone?

"Tebow knows how to win"  What exactly has he done?  He has won some regular season games and one playoff game in 4 years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Brady starts, Mallett is the backup. Tebow is the new Woodhead

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Disagree 100%--I for one seen enough of Tebow after 1/2 of the Philly game - the guy is horrible-nice person This guy will never be a starting QB in this league--I also predict he's out of the NFL in 2 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geogtapher91. Show Geogtapher91's posts

I see Tebow in a different light these days, and I am all for him as a person. 

I see him as a move the chains QB, something we have been lacking these days.  If we have a 2 point lead late I might <<MIGHT>> like to see Tebow in there gaining 6 yards with his legs or running an option that I would hate to see Brady trying. It would require a different Defense then against Brady and might give us the elusive late first down that takes more time off the clock.   I am not sure if Mallet has that in his skill set since I am a Gamecocks fan I neve really saw him in action.  I would like to see us owning the fourth quarter instead of having to close my eyes and pray that we do not give the opposing team a crack at a game winning field goal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Perhaps, Mallett will eventually demonstrate that he is the real deal.  But so far, he has not looked any better than former Pat's backup Brian Hoyer did.   If being highly ranked was a guarantee for success, every QB who was drafted in the First Round would have been great.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

[QUOTE]

He has not had a chance to play thats why he has never done a thing.

[/QUOTE]

But he has played. And he has completed just as many passes to the other team as to our team. LMAO

Sections
Shortcuts