Tebow released by Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Tebow released by Jets

The jets are morons. But we already knew that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Not going to be too much longer before Sanchez will be holding a clip board for Geno Smith. too much talent to wate on the bench.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I recall a Jet player saying last yr that he's the only player he's ever seen that looks WORSE in practice. He'a also spent 2 yrs trying to fix his throwing mechanics and read defenses. Yes, he can throw a good deep ball (So could JaMarcus Russell, Jeff George, and many others.), is a good runner, is fearless, and has a flair for the clutch.  And yes, he can be turned into an overly expensive ST player. Otherwise, he's awful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

All morning long on this, you got to be kidding me. Media has nothing to do, best racket in the world.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The Jets gave his agent permission to work out a trade. Several teams inquired but it see if he'd switch to TE. He refused saying QB only hench no trade he got released. He will never play QB again in the NFL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was considering starting a Tebow is released should we get him post as a joke but didn't want to be pumbled by the guy's :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Like I have pointed out, the Tebow record is probably better than Luck's with a tiny fraction of the team moral support Luck gets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Report is he told his agents to tell any inquiring team that he will not consider anything but QB position. So ... CFL, Arena, NFL Europe ... oh yeah that one folded.

I do think BB would be willing to look at him at another position but mostly just to really mess with the Jets. Could you see Pats with Tebow on the bench playing at the Jets, with the Jets on offense, and the chant for Tebow, Tebow starts up. NOW that would be priceless!!! And in NY with those fans if Mark or Geno were struggling it could happen!

No way an NFL GM or coach wants Tebow as a back-up QB - the circus both in Denver and in NY is just not worth it no matter how bad your team is. Really believe half of the reason Denver went all out to get Payton was because he was the only QB available that would allow them to dump Tebow without a huge backlash from their fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Report is he told his agents to tell any inquiring team that he will not consider anything but QB position. So ... CFL, Arena, NFL Europe ... oh yeah that one folded.

I do think BB would be willing to look at him at another position but mostly just to really mess with the Jets. Could you see Pats with Tebow on the bench playing at the Jets, with the Jets on offense, and the chant for Tebow, Tebow starts up. NOW that would be priceless!!! And in NY with those fans if Mark or Geno were struggling it could happen!

No way an NFL GM or coach wants Tebow as a back-up QB - the circus both in Denver and in NY is just not worth it no matter how bad your team is. Really believe half of the reason Denver went all out to get Payton was because he was the only QB available that would allow them to dump Tebow without a huge backlash from their fans.

I could see BB snagging him as a backup QB and "other duties". BB likes atheletes with versitility. And of course, McD drafted the guy.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'm no fan of Tebow, but one thing I know is the guy can win games.  Let's be honest, he's the only reason Denver saw the playoffs 2 years ago.  But when they had a chance at Manning, it was bye bye Tebow time and who can blame them.  What happended in NY I have no idea.  I think he got brought in for no other reason than to put a fire under Sanchez, and maybe do some wildcat.  For whatever reason, it never happened.  And I'm forever grateful for that by the way if for no other reason I get to watch the butt fumble video any time I'm depressed and it cheers me right up.  Tebow would have somehow turned that same play into a 1st down.

He's an incredible athelete, a great locker room guy, and can play a number of positions lining up all over the field.  Two big knocks on the guy, he's not nor do I ever see him being a great QB.  And two, he comes with his very own 3 ring media circus.  The latter I think BB could control if anyone could.  So would I get blown away if he comes here?  No.  But it makes a whole lot more sense for him to go to a place like Jacsonville. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hmm, this ruins a number of Commie's predictions about Tebow and the Jets...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One things for sure BB does like Tim,fact! He does help his friends,fact! Would he take Tim on as a project that my friends is the 1 million dollar question? I think Tim goes to Canada or the Bears,just a guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I believe Tebow would re-think that if BB called and offered to have him come in. BB and Josh are hands down the 2 who could get the best out of him. I could well imagine Tebow being used in such a way as to NOT be the QB but, in the back of every team defending, they have to PLAY him as if he could. Imagine Tebow lined up as H back and gets the Brady handoff. He turns, throws back to Brady and then runs a pattern. He's a triple threat now. He could pass downfield. He could throw back to Brady. He could run downfield. He could block and trust me, BB loves good blockers. 

If I were Tebow I'd just want to win. He has his best shot in NE and like your above post suggests, woldn't it just be priceless to see him burn the Jets? If......if Gronk's health is a problem then having Tebow and Hernandez would be pretty darn good. 

In the red zone, we'd have perhaps Tebow leading the way for newly aquired Blount? Pretty hard core right there. 

Do we NEED Tebow? Probably not. 

Could he contribute? That's up to BB. I say he can. His attitude alone is what you want in a player and by accounts I've read today, the Jets players were starting to really warm to Tebow and the Jets didn't want that. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

If BB can get Tebow to play full-back/half-back, his versatility, athleticism and determination would make the Patriots' offense almost impossible to defend. With an all-world QB, two awesome tight-ends/receivers, a physically gifted half-back/QB with a hard-running tail-back, and a versatile, fast wide receiver, how the heck would you defend against this offense? They can pass, sweep, run straight at you, trap, reverse, screen, hook, cross.... boggles the mind. Tebow would be an asset if he agrees to become a role-player. But that seems unlikely, so never mind!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

If BB can get Tebow to play full-back/half-back, his versatility, athleticism and determination would make the Patriots' offense almost impossible to defend. With an all-world QB, two awesome tight-ends/receivers, a physically gifted half-back/QB with a hard-running tail-back, and a versatile, fast wide receiver, how the heck would you defend against this offense? They can pass, sweep, run straight at you, trap, reverse, screen, hook, cross.... boggles the mind. Tebow would be an asset if he agrees to become a role-player. But that seems unlikely, so never mind!

I've always thought Tebow could be a useful role player in the right system.  The problem is he would never be worth the distractions he brings because of his fanbase.  In addition it was rumored that a few teams that wanted to trade for him asked if he would play TE and he refused.  I think he still wants to be a QB which means he won't get another job in the NFL anytime soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Will you people stop daydreaming... Tebow can't play fullback, tightend, HBack or any other position in the NFL, especially not QB.  He is only a "good athlete" when you compare him to the slow plodding pocket passers of the NFL, compared to the skill position players he's a stiff.  

Please, it's not like he is Denard Robinson fast or agile, he's not even close.

His future is in Canada or the Arena League until he proves he can pass for better than 46% of his passes on a measly 271 attempts... so until God decides to bestow these abilities upon him or he puts in years of work refining a talent that frankly just isn't there with his short stubby arms, until he proves himself in the minor leagues you'd better say goodbye.  

Stop worrying about Tim Tebow, he can always get a job calling Gator games or on the Ministry network...  god I pray to thee, can this please be the last TT thread ever?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to ArmyPatsFan's comment:

Would not be surprised to see Tebow get brought into camp with the Pats.  BB had him in for a pre-draft visit and he had a meal w/ Brady.  Plus, our OC, McDaniels, is the guy who drafted him.  If he had dropped to the 2nd or 3rd round, Pats might have tried to draft him. 

We could bring him into camp to see what he can offer the Pats.  If he really wants to QB, then he'd do himself a favor by sitting behind Brady for at least a year and learning how to be a QB.  If not, he could be turned into an H-back sort of player. 

Just my opinion.  Thoughts?

Hey, I hear Ryan Leaf is available too...

Wake me up when you get back from rehab. (sorry, that was uncalled for... but why in the world would you want to go down THAT road??? really! What are you thinking....? ! ... ?? ! )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

For all you nay sayers - Tebow will be playing in games before Tom Brady! (just not in these here United States of America).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Too bad. Hed probably be a good TE if he was willing. I wouldnt be opposed to bringing him in only if he agreed to change positions.

Sanchez at TE?

Oh... wait.. I see.. you mean Tebow, who wont play anything but QB to play TE HERE in NE instead of Gronk.  Really?

Oh... wait.. I see.. instead of Hern.. Got it. No.. wait???

Oh.. oh.. instead of Ballard... Are you crazy... Do you really think he is asgood a TE as Ballard?

Come on and WakE the.$$$$ up...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

I believe Tebow would re-think that if BB called and offered to have him come in. BB and Josh are hands down the 2 who could get the best out of him. I could well imagine Tebow being used in such a way as to NOT be the QB but, in the back of every team defending, they have to PLAY him as if he could. Imagine Tebow lined up as H back and gets the Brady handoff. He turns, throws back to Brady and then runs a pattern. He's a triple threat now. He could pass downfield. He could throw back to Brady. He could run downfield. He could block and trust me, BB loves good blockers. 

If I were Tebow I'd just want to win. He has his best shot in NE and like your above post suggests, woldn't it just be priceless to see him burn the Jets? If......if Gronk's health is a problem then having Tebow and Hernandez would be pretty darn good. 

In the red zone, we'd have perhaps Tebow leading the way for newly aquired Blount? Pretty hard core right there. 

Could he contribute? That's up to BB. I say he can. His attitude alone is what you want in a player and by accounts I've read today, the Jets players were starting to really warm to Tebow and the Jets didn't want that. 

Can he contribute? Its up to BB? No. NO... it is not up to BB if TEbow can contribute. It is up to whether Tebow has it in him and there is Z-E-R-O reason to belive he does.

Where do all you guys come from? Is it a religious thing? It SURE is NOT a football thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Hey, if TEbow put on 100 pounds he could be a pulling guard. Or maybe a center... that would even be better. Then he could fake giving the ball to Brady and either run or drop back or roll out!

You know BB always liked the guy. I am sure this could happen. Its just up to BB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Hmm, this ruins a number of Commie's predictions about Tebow and the Jets...

Wow, that's unusual.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Can he contribute? Its up to BB? No. NO... it is not up to BB if TEbow can contribute. It is up to whether Tebow has it in him and there is Z-E-R-O reason to belive he does.

Where do all you guys come from? Is it a religious thing? It SURE is NOT a football thing.

No. It's up to Brady. BB does whatever he says. Just ask Rusty. Brady probably told him to draft Chung and Meriweather.

Sections
Shortcuts