Tebow to the Pats!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Tebow to the Pats!

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

For the life of me I don't see the downside of this signing.  BB's taking a flyer on a quality individual who has some football talent - clearly not an NFL QB but a football player.  The Pats will know soon enough if they can do something with him. 

For crying out loud, guys - don't open a vein over this.

I guess Luck is clearly not an NFL QB either then.

Morning, Babe.  Hey, I'd be surprised if he works out at QB - if he does I'll admit I was wrong.  I just happen to think that the Pats lose nothing, give up nothing and possibly gain a football player by signing this guy.  As I've indicated I can't imagine anyone getting their blood pressure on overload as a consequence of Tebow in Pats training camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Sometimes I really hate Bill Belichick, his ego is too much sometimes! He doesn't sign a pass rusher but he wastes a spot on Tim Tebow?

I'm sure Tebow will collapse the  opposing pocket in the playoffs and help us win a SB.

You don't think BB has thought about using tebow on defense..?  Edge rusher.....  why not?

This is the point.  Tebow has the raw talent .  Belichick has the brilliant football brain.  you put that together along with a good attitude and something good should come out of it.  IMO, BB has no intention of using tebow at QB. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Boston's just a highway rest stop on the way from New York to Canada . .  .

Seriously, I just don't see Tebow making the 53 man roster.  I could be completely wrong, but I suspect BB figured he was the best third string camp QB available . . . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

For the life of me I don't see the downside of this signing.  BB's taking a flyer on a quality individual who has some football talent - clearly not an NFL QB but a football player.  The Pats will know soon enough if they can do something with him. 

For a team that hates press coverage they now have news stations and reporters who don't even cover sports at all waiting outside an empty Gillette in the rain waiting to get a glimpse of Tebow.... yeah I can see this going well all for a 3rd string QB who failed as a personal protector

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I wouldn't spend any time worrying about press coverage. Belichick just won't allow it to be a distraction and won't allow them to get close. 

Remember Spygate? There has never been a bigger media circus than that. They went undefeated that year. They close ranks like nobody else. Nobody will give the press anything and the team won't pay any attention to any of it. It just won't affect them.

From a football perspective, there's no risk here. From all accounts he's a good guy and a good teammate who works hard in the weight room and all that.

I don't see him making the team, because it means they have to cut a good football player at another position that plays special teams, and they don't typically keep three QBs. But stranger things have happened. That said, he's not playing RB or TE or defense, get real people. They may use him in some gadget plays, but that's not a full time role.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Boston's just a highway rest stop on the way from New York to Canada . .  .

Seriously, I just don't see Tebow making the 53 man roster.  I could be completely wrong, but I suspect BB figured he was the best third string camp QB available . . . 

As fans we should we should have a little fun with this.

Will he make it through minicamp?

Will he make it through training camp?

Will he make the first cut down?

Will he make the 53 man roster?

Or perhaps my theory will materialize... he will come up with a mystery injury and get stashed on the IR which will give him a year to study and learn.

You know those mystery injuries

Oh my arm! It's broken!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I just don't see the problem with signing a playoff game winning QB to play QB. Heck, the Pats have won and almost made it to the playoffs with a  QB whose last start was in high school.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Or perhaps my theory will materialize... he will come up with a mystery injury and get stashed on the IR which will give him a year to study and learn.

If he was a rook or only had 1 yr in the NFL I'd agree but after 3 yrs and under McDaniels for a full year I don't think a year on IR will help him at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

If he was a rook or only had 1 yr in the NFL I'd agree but after 3 yrs and under McDaniels for a full year I don't think a year on IR will help him at all.

I don't know. It would give him a full year of film study and working on his new mechanics.

Then again he could be gone after  this mini camp.

As i said in a previous post only BB knows what the plan is.  For us it's just having fun with the specualtion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

speculation about tebow has to be outside the box thinking .  This is BBs specialty.  Troy brown, Edelman, and now tebow. 

with Edelman (former QB) as the walking breathing example , this appears a likely role for tebow on this team.  If his attitude  falls in line as a team player then he'll be running back kicks, punts, learning the craft of receiver.  If he loves the game , this will be his ticket to the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Dam Tebow is already ruining whats left of this forum. I sign in and see nothing but tebow posts all over....smh. The Circus is in Town! BB better make good use of him for all the BS he is gonna have to deal with. On a positive note,. Brandon Spikes reported to camp right after the signing so he does have a positive effect so far on ex teamates. lets see how the rest of the team embraces him.  Now that we have him being a "emergency QB" I guess we can cut Edleman now,....huh Rus?  , Special teams gunner, Punt return team  up man, (I bet he can run a fake punt better than Chung), H-Back, Wildcat....  We shall see...

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

speculation about tebow has to be outside the box thinking .  This is BBs specialty.  Troy brown, Edelman, and now tebow. 

with Edelman (former QB) as the walking breathing example , this appears a likely role for tebow on this team.  If his attitude  falls in line as a team player then he'll be running back kicks, punts, learning the craft of receiver.  If he loves the game , this will be his ticket to the NFL.

The thing I'd say is that Brown was actually highly productive on the field as a WR, Edelman has been highly productive on the field as a gunner and PR man, Tebow was targetted by the Phins as his only role on the Jets as a personal protector on punts... Not saying they might be able to find a role for him but.... actually I might be saying that. At least Brown and Edelman were productive in their main roles on the team. Tebow hasn't shown any more production than that of stealing praise from some amazing kicks and being the D's best cheerleader 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I really, really HATE this signing.  This guy is the biggest locker room cancer in NFL history.  I really believe that.  He makes TO look like a great teammate.  Albert Haynesworth will look like a brilliant move compared to this.  Uuugghh.  I rarely, if ever have a problem with a personnel move made by Belichick, but I can't get behind this one.

Oh really?  I know this may be a novel idea, but how about checking facts before spouting your verbal diarrhea.  People can debate his talent level, but not his commitment

Try talking to his former teammates.  Almost all of them loved his drive, commitment, and leadership qualities. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4047318. Show user_4047318's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I guess Luck is clearly not an NFL QB either then.

If Tebow's passing improves significantly, he could be a dangerous alternative to Brady.  Mixing him in with Brady could really throw a defense off kilter.  Defenses don't haver to worry about Brady's mobility.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Read option. CK2 plays. Potential HB. Statue Of Liberty read option. Motivation for Mallett. Next Larry Izzo. Or training camp fodder. Chick magnet at UMass. Take your pick. Tebow has potential as a football player with some scheme versatility  for the offense,but not as QB IMHO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

There is NFW the Pats brought him in to be a QB....just NFW!! They would have to completely re-vamp their enitre offense around him, and that ain't happening.

He (might) get a few shots at various positions, but I honestly doubt he makes the final 53. We have gone a few years without a 3rd backup, so I find it hard to believe BB would waste a roster spot on circus media boy sitting on the bench all year.

As far as someone saying he's a "locker room cancer"...are you for real? There are few that are as committed as choir boy. This kid may be a bit much on the religious stuff, but he works as hard as anyone....and I read he actually lifted more in the weight room than some of the O-linemen in NY.

If he can contribute, he might earn a spot...if not...he will be gone....plain & simple.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree he's not a cancer in any sense, mainly an annoyance. It's been said plenty of times his team mates liked his commitment and heart but his preaching did rub people the wrong at times. The question becomes, did he learn to tone that down. If he did he'll be fine in the locker room otherwise he might get on some peoples nerves. But, that's an annoyance not a cancer

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I figured it out. They are going to start Tebow to get the #1 pick next year. It saves a year of Brady's career and they get Manziel who will eventually replace Brady. Just like the Colts did in a way. Makes perfect sense now

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

First shot of Tim Tebow in a Patriots uniform (center), stretching with Tom Brady (left) and Ryan Mallett (right).

First shot of Tim Tebow in a Patriots uniform (center), stretching with Tom Brady (left) and Ryan Mallett (right).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Already THE Center of Attention.... Brady already in his ear!  Should be an interesting camp for sure.

Rocky you should start a thread with this pic and make it a "Caption This"

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Already THE Center of Attention.... Brady already in his ear!  Should be an interesting camp for sure.

Babe does not want any more threads

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Babe does not want any more threads

Yea, and Wozzy doesnt either, but he made another one to point that out...lol

I'll see if I can make it happen. Not too good with posting pics, but we need some comic relief in here

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The thing I'd say is that Brown was actually highly productive on the field as a WR, Edelman has been highly productive on the field as a gunner and PR man, Tebow was targetted by the Phins as his only role on the Jets as a personal protector on punts... Not saying they might be able to find a role for him but.... actually I might be saying that. At least Brown and Edelman were productive in their main roles on the team. Tebow hasn't shown any more production than that of stealing praise from some amazing kicks and being the D's best cheerleader 

You gotta start somewhere...  Brown and Edelman have a natural instinct as returners,  Tebow is a natural runner and big.  Once you get past the "qb is my only position" thing, then put the ball in his hands on returns.  As a 3rd string qb, with Edelman as an emergency 4th stringer, Tebow should be used with the ball in his hands to do some damage.  Its the belichick way.  Get the most out of each player. 

This should distinguish TT as a patriot vs. TT as a jet or bronco.  The versatility needs to be maximized and taken advantage of.  Unless of course he sucks at everything which I doubt since he is a punishing runner.  Would like to see him run over some of the dbs that are sent down on punt coverage...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You gotta start somewhere...  Brown and Edelman have a natural instinct as returners,  Tebow is a natural runner and big.  Once you get past the "qb is my only position" thing, then put the ball in his hands on returns.  As a 3rd string qb, with Edelman as an emergency 4th stringer, Tebow should be used with the ball in his hands to do some damage.  Its the belichick way.  Get the most out of each player. 

This should distinguish TT as a patriot vs. TT as a jet or bronco.  The versatility needs to be maximized and taken advantage of.  Unless of course he sucks at everything which I doubt since he is a punishing runner.  Would like to see him run over some of the dbs that are sent down on punt coverage...

He runs a 4.7/40. I thought the idea was to get the ball past the 20 otherwise we might as well have Hern or Gronk as returners

Sections
Shortcuts