Tebow to the Pats!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Tebow to the Pats!

If you think tebow (spelled tibeaux) is too slow, try and tackle him...!  you're too slow if you don't  understand he is (1) big 230#, (2) fast  4.5 at least 40 time ... and a complete nightmare in the open field .  

should be fun to watch .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Tackle him?  You can't just go tackle a guy who is on the bench.  How many snaps did a QB not named Brady take last year for the Patriots?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

If you think tebow (spelled tibeaux) is too slow, try and tackle him...!  you're too slow if you don't  understand he is (1) big 230#, (2) fast  4.5 at least 40 time ... and a complete nightmare in the open field .  

should be fun to watch .

This ^^^^ seen it myself with guys hanging on him and he still gained yards. He showed this a few times as a Pro at Denver, NY not at all. Deadly as a banger runner, especially now for the Pats in the RZ 15 yards in to the EZ. The D will have to learn to key on Tebow which will then make Gronk/Hern etc. more of a threat to score. I've seen TT juke and run through and over LB'ers. Agree with PatsEng about TT not used as KR/PR. Not a speedster in that category.

Ya gotta give the Pats more credit here folks. The word is that there was a high level meeting on this from the highest level to Team captains. All agreed. Never once Tebowed in NY and the preaching in the locker room is speculated BS by the media. The media is desperate for any story as you know.

Rusty is closest to what I believe, that they will design some redzone plays for TT to excell. It will be in camp with pads when he shows what he can do ..... I'm positive that he will. Special teamer with versatility as well. Then BB will decide.

The Pats would not have bothered with this unless he will be invited to camp. OTAs' are not a heavy based run and bang sessions. Again TT is not a QB ....give the guy a clean break and see what he can do, like anyone else. Or you just may think Belichick and Kraft are stupid? TT would not be here unless Belichick saw more than most others can see. He is one heck of a banger of a runner that makes yards and does'nt go down easy. Take the QB out of TT, not gonna happen.

Besides, perhaps it's all a conspiracy by Robert, to fill those empty rooms and restaurants with the media at Patriot Place this time of year?  HMMM. 

good night ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Tackle him?  You can't just go tackle a guy who is on the bench.  How many snaps did a QB not named Brady take last year for the Patriots?

I have been surmising that TT will be used by BB in the return game.  I could see him as the second returner who snags the short balls .   

I also see him taking snaps at RB where he will spell Ridley and vereen in injury situations or as a change of look.  TT at rb makes huge sense because it opens up the pass- option once he peels off a couple 10-12 yard power sweeps behind solder, gronk, Ballard, and Hernandez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

should be fun to watch .

He was clocked at 4.71

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

should be fun to watch .

He was clocked at 4.71

[/QUOTE]

Jets RT Wayne Hunter says Tebow hasn't sacrificed any speed, estimating he runs a 4.4 or 4.5 40-yard dash.

That's at 249 pounds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

I am very surprised by this.... Tebow was a great college player and a horrible NFL player... I dont think he can play QB in this league.  

I predicted this months ago...and got bashed by my gold mine pals, the Homers...LOL!!!

Is Tebow really that bad a QB? He are some cold, hard football facts on the subject: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-case-for-tim-tebow-nfl-quarterback/23046/   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

One area he may help the Pats a fair amount is in practice. The league has a lot of scrambling quarterbacks....Vick, Kapernick, Wilson, RGIII etc..... and maybe he'll help them in in that regard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:

One area he may help the Pats a fair amount is in practice. The league has a lot of scrambling quarterbacks....Vick, Kapernick, Wilson, RGIII etc..... and maybe he'll help them in in that regard.

I am hoping they are not going to waste on of the 53 roster spots for a practice player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am very surprised by this.... Tebow was a great college player and a horrible NFL player... I dont think he can play QB in this league.  

I predicted this months ago...and got bashed by my gold mine pals, the Homers...LOL!!!

Is Tebow really that bad a QB? He are some cold, hard football facts on the subject: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-case-for-tim-tebow-nfl-quarterback/23046/   

[/QUOTE]

In the 16 games he started in the NFL, he was not close to being the 67% completion rate passer that he was in college. If he's going to even be a backup QB, I'd rather that he goes back to being the >63% passer that he was.

IMO, he won't get back there if people keep tweaking his delivery. I would rather see the staff help him with the mental aspect of the game and leave his mechanics alone. Let him throw the way he's comfortable throwing and focus instruction on giving him the tools to know where to throw when.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

should be fun to watch .

He was clocked at 4.71

[/QUOTE]

Jets RT Wayne Huntersays Tebow hasn't sacrificed any speed, estimating he runs a 4.4 or 4.5 40-yard dash.

That's at 249 pounds.

[/QUOTE]

Oh an estimate from a RT, wow how exact..... he was clocked at the combine at 4.71 by an electronic system. I'll trust the combine number over the estimate of a RT

Sections
Shortcuts