Tebow Vs. Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Tebow Vs. Giants

Would be a good test for Tebow. Let him start and get most of reps with first line.   I think this would answer a lot of questions for BB - unless it's already determined that he is a long term project and has already made the roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Tebow Vs. Giants

After watching him week 2 moving tackling dummies would be a good test for Tebow. But I agree about the long term project, at least to the point in trying to get the kid laid to produce a kid and start training the kid the moment he can walk. It's the best shot a Tebow has to be a NFL QB.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Would be a good test for Tebow. Let him start and get most of reps with first line.   I think this would answer a lot of questions for BB - unless it's already determined that he is a long term project and has already made the roster.

Time to put an end to the Tebow experiment...and see what Ryan Mallett can do over an entire game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

Time to put an end to the Tebow experiment...and see what Ryan Mallett can do over an entire game.

[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I hear what you're saying, but if Tebow doesn't get a short term shot....people are always gonna wonder why he made the team....if he makes the final cut w/o any evidence showing some kind of significant improvement in performance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, but if Tebow doesn't get a short term shot....people are always gonna wonder why he made the team....if he makes the final cut w/o any evidence showing some kind of significant improvement in performance.

[/QUOTE]

Who says he makes the team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Absolutely agree.  Cut Tebow today, sign Stanzi as an emergency option for this week, and let Mallett play the whole game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

I have tickets to the game, have to pay for them I split season tics with my friend, we have 3 seats, I'm bringing my mom (so i'm not using the other ticket) so I'm paying like $570.00 plus parking, food.... Ughh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i see no value in tebow except to play out the last preseason game
    he just cant throw

I will be looking to see the qb's available after all teams cut down to 53, something tells me not alot.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Stop your hand wringing over Tebow ladies. BB's going to keep him. LMAO

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

why is it so hard to CUT Tebow?...........Some think he stays...others he goes.......why is this such a difficult decision? Can anybody explain?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Who says he makes the team?

Kraft....lol.  Seriously, I think the decision has already been made.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

why is it so hard to CUT Tebow?...........Some think he stays...others he goes.......why is this such a difficult decision? Can anybody explain?

because noone can figure out how he helps this team. Is it his skillset? Is it because of his good teammate characteristics, his heart? All of the above, none of the above?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Then the angel of the Lord called again to Belichick from heaven. "This is what the Lord says: Because you have obeyed me and have not cut Tebow, I swear by my own name that I will certainly bless you. I will multiply your touchdowns beyond number, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your front seven will conquer the cities of their enemies. And through your free agent castoffs all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.”

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Then the angel of the Lord called again to Belichick from heaven. "This is what the Lord says: Because you have obeyed me and have not cut Tebow, I swear by my own name that I will certainly bless you. I will multiply your touchdowns beyond number, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your front seven will conquer the cities of their enemies. And through your free agent castoffs all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.”

wasn't that the end of the Charlie Brown Christmas special? Linus' monologue at the end?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

[QUOTE]

wasn't that the end of the Charlie Brown Christmas special? Linus' monologue at the end?

[/QUOTE]

I knew I heard it someplace!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The only reason for Tebow to even be here is to keep Mallett from getting hurt in the 2nd half of the Giants game when the scrubs are in.   We need a healthy back-up QB, look what happened when Rex put Sancheese in against the scrubs last week...Get Mallet some good experience in the first half play Tebow on the second and cut him on Friday morning.  If Tebow gets hurt send him a Get Well Card with his Pink Slip!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment: yep

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Nope!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with this. At least see mallet come back out after the half. Stanzi IMO is a better option if we carry 3 qbs. I'm from the camp that edleman doesn't make it to the cut down of 53, let edleman qb the 4 th qtr before you let him go if its just for show anyway. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I don't have a problem with this. At least see mallet come back out after the half. Stanzi IMO is a better option if we carry 3 qbs. I'm from the camp that edleman doesn't make it to the cut down of 53, let edleman qb the 4 th qtr before you let him go if its just for show anyway. 

but if we give Tebow the entire game - wouldn't that just answer all the questions BB might have in regards to whether he makes the cut or not?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

but if we give Tebow the entire game - wouldn't that just answer all the questions BB might have in regards to whether he makes the cut or not?

Yes but we also have 3 young receives and a young TE who desperately need work in the preseason before we need to count on them during the regular season. Not to mention Brady's backup needs as much work as possible too. Tebow has barely passed 25% in preseason and half of those nearly got his receivers heads knocked off with poor passes into coverage. I'd give a half to Mallett with the 1st and 2nd stringers. Give Tebow the 2nd half with the rooks carrying over to the 3rd before pulling them for the soon to be cutters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes but we also have 3 young receives and a young TE who desperately need work in the preseason before we need to count on them during the regular season. Not to mention Brady's backup needs as much work as possible too. Tebow has barely passed 25% in preseason and half of those nearly got his receivers heads knocked off with poor passes into coverage. I'd give a half to Mallett with the 1st and 2nd stringers. Give Tebow the 2nd half with the rooks carrying over to the 3rd before pulling them for the soon to be cutters.

[/QUOTE]

true. But if that's the case, Brady should get 3 quarters.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If Tebow gets cut, Buffalo picks him up.  They're pretty desperate.  Tebow would play pretty tough against the Patriots (well, tougher than normal for him) and Tebow works cheap these days.

Tebow has a good chance of making the 53 cut, with all sorts of players getting stashed on injured reserve.  He'd have to blow it on the plays where BB ordered him to play well.  The rest of us don't know which plays those are. 

Giants coach Coughlin is from the Parcells / Belichick coaching tree.  Both coaches will be highly interested in losing this preseason game, so it could get wacky on fourth down.  Don't expect Tebow to pull miracles when the coach directly told him to throw the ball either into the dirt or straight at the linebacker's numbers. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Rivers can't throw a football.  He can win games, though.

Is the object to win or to look good?

Dreaming the Impossible Dream

Sections
Shortcuts