Tebow Vs. Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Tebow Vs. Giants

In response to Paul_K's comment:

If Tebow gets cut, Buffalo picks him up.  They're pretty desperate.  Tebow would play pretty tough against the Patriots (well, tougher than normal for him) and Tebow works cheap these days.

Tebow has a good chance of making the 53 cut, with all sorts of players getting stashed on injured reserve.  He'd have to blow it on the plays where BB ordered him to play well.  The rest of us don't know which plays those are. 

Giants coach Coughlin is from the Parcells / Belichick coaching tree.  Both coaches will be highly interested in losing this preseason game, so it could get wacky on fourth down.  Don't expect Tebow to pull miracles when the coach directly told him to throw the ball either into the dirt or straight at the linebacker's numbers. 

Wait wouldn't that be a good reason to cut him? Heck, maybe we'll be lucky enough that after a bad week 1 start the Bills would cut him and the Jets would pick him up. The only 2 times he faced the Pats as a starter he lost 41-23 (garbage time TD) and 45-10. Why wouldn't we want to face him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Will-Redd's comment:

Rivers can't throw a football.  He can win games, though.

Is the object to win or to look good?

Dreaming the Impossible Dream

Rivers has a career 63.6% completion rating and a 94.5 QBR, Tebow has a 47.9% completion rating and a 75.3 QBR................. yeah about equal. Please honestly tell me this was a joke and you aren't trying to compare Tebow to Rivers. Rivers might not be a great QB and is just average but at least he has the ability to be a NFL QB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Rivers has a career 63.6% completion rating and a 94.5 QBR, Tebow has a 47.9% completion rating and a 75.3 QBR................. yeah about equal. Please honestly tell me this was a joke and you aren't trying to compare Tebow to Rivers. Rivers might not be a great QB and is just average but at least he has the ability to be a NFL QB

I always hated Rivers till he played in Gillette with a torn acl or mcl. He showed toughness while LT sat on the bench and cryed.  Phillip Rivers played pretty good with a supporting cast. I bet to this day he still hates Troy Brown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Agree about River's toughness.  Who can forget Tomlinson hiding on the bench while Rivers was playing with a blown out knee.

I'm not comparing Tebow to Rivers.  I'm talking about winning versus style.  Face it, Tebow delivered more improvement in Denver than Manning did.  Who cares what his numbers are.  He wins.

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I always hated Rivers till he played in Gillette with a torn acl or mcl. He showed toughness while LT sat on the bench and cryed.  Phillip Rivers played pretty good with a supporting cast. I bet to this day he still hates Troy Brown.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Tebow gets cut, Buffalo picks him up.  They're pretty desperate.  Tebow would play pretty tough against the Patriots (well, tougher than normal for him) and Tebow works cheap these days.

Tebow has a good chance of making the 53 cut, with all sorts of players getting stashed on injured reserve.  He'd have to blow it on the plays where BB ordered him to play well.  The rest of us don't know which plays those are. 

Giants coach Coughlin is from the Parcells / Belichick coaching tree.  Both coaches will be highly interested in losing this preseason game, so it could get wacky on fourth down.  Don't expect Tebow to pull miracles when the coach directly told him to throw the ball either into the dirt or straight at the linebacker's numbers. 

Wait wouldn't that be a good reason to cut him? Heck, maybe we'll be lucky enough that after a bad week 1 start the Bills would cut him and the Jets would pick him up. The only 2 times he faced the Pats as a starter he lost 41-23 (garbage time TD) and 45-10. Why wouldn't we want to face him?

[/QUOTE]

lol...not a bad strategy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Agree about River's toughness.  Who can forget Tomlinson hiding on the bench while Rivers was playing with a blown out knee.

I'm not comparing Tebow to Rivers.  I'm talking about winning versus style.  Face it, Tebow delivered more improvement in Denver than Manning did.  Who cares what his numbers are.  He wins.

Did Tebow win those games in Den or did the D and the kicker?. BTW when you say Rivers can't throw and the whole argument with Tebow is that he can't throw you are making a comparison

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

[QUOTE]

Did Tebow win those games in Den or did the D and the kicker?. BTW when you say Rivers can't throw and the whole argument with Tebow is that he can't throw you are making a comparison

[/QUOTE]

Kyle Orton + Denver D + Denver kicker went 1-4

Tim Tebow + Denver D + Denver kicker went 8-5

You tell me.

By the way, did the Denver D throw the winning TD pass in OT against the Steelers in the playoffs, or did their kicker?

Tebow is a winner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hear what ur saying, but Tebow did make some timely plays....and did have his part in the wins. I'm not saying he was the only reason why they won those games - but he played his role just well enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

You tell me.

By the way, did the Denver D throw the winning TD pass in OT against the Steelers in the playoffs, or did their kicker?

Tebow is a winner.

so, you think Tebow could take over this team as the #1 or do you think Brady or Mallett would be a better choice with this current team?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Let Mallet prove he's a pro QB by starting him...let TT play the 2nd half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You tell me.

Tebow is a winner.

[/QUOTE]

If he is such a "winner" then how come he let our defense completely destroy him in the playoffs that year?  Our D wasn't that special, but we dominated and embarassed him.  He wasn't much of a "winner" that night.  By the way, even with some tremendous help from his defenses, kickers, and opponents choking games away (Miami's onside kick, Marion Barber running out-of-bonds and stopping the colck, etc..) he is only 9-7 as a starter.  I can think of a heck of a lot of 9-7 or better QB's who don't get the "winner" label.  Tebow's NFL win percentage (56.3%) and Sanchez's (54.4%) are virtually identical.  Does this make Sanchez a "winner" too?  Man, I can't wait until we cut this clown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

If he is such a "winner" then how come he let our defense completely destroy him in the playoffs that year?  Our D wasn't that special, but we dominated and embarassed him.  He wasn't much of a "winner" that night.  By the way, even with some tremendous help from his defenses, kickers, and opponents choking games away (Miami's onside kick, Marion Barber running out-of-bonds and stopping the colck, etc..) he is only 9-7 as a starter.  I can think of a heck of a lot of 9-7 or better QB's who don't get the "winner" label.  Tebow's NFL win percentage (56.3%) and Sanchez's (54.4%) are virtually identical.  Does this make Sanchez a "winner" too?  Man, I can't wait until we cut this clown.

The odd thing is that I think he's already made the team.  It feels like BB/Kraft/Patriots have committed to him as a 1 year project.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Tebow will be 1 of the 22 cuts on Saturday.  

Agreed. He is just QB insurance. Most teams have 4 QBs and the Eagles have 5.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/62603/where-pats-stand-with-qb-insurance

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You tell me.

Tebow is a winner.

[/QUOTE]

by that logic Sanchez is an even bigger winner. Tebow "won" a game by throwing 8 passes and completing 2 and 69yrds. Please explain how a QB won a game going 2:8 with 69yrds? And you forgot Thomas caught a short pass and RAN it the rest of the way after the Steelers D completely forgot how to cover past 5yrds

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

Tebow will be 1 of the 22 cuts on Saturday.  

Agreed. He is just QB insurance. Most teams have 4 QBs and the Eagles have 5.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/62603/where-pats-stand-with-qb-insurance

[/QUOTE]

we will find out soon enough. Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

how did tebow do more for Denver vs. manning...?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

With respect to stats, the important ones are that Tebow took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and won  one.

With respect to the Patriots schooling Tebow.  Come on, man,  Bill Belichick game planning for a rookie QB?  Do you remember how bad we would beat Peyton Manning before the League implemented the Manning rules?

With respect to what Manning did in Denver vs. what Tebow did.  Tebow took a losing team to the playoffs and won a game.  Manning took a playoff team to the playoffs and lost.

I remember another Heisman winner.  Jim Plunkett.  Did squat for the Patriots.  How did he work out?

Tebow won a Heisman and 2 Championships playing in the toughest conference in College.  You may not like his style.  You may not like his spirituality.  But you can't deny that he can turn his teammates into winners.

BTW, I think Mallet should play the whole game against the Giants.  We need to see what he can do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

With respect to stats, the important ones are that Tebow took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and won  one.

With respect to the Patriots schooling Tebow.  Come on, man,  Bill Belichick game planning for a rookie QB?  Do you remember how bad we would beat Peyton Manning before the League implemented the Manning rules?

With respect to what Manning did in Denver vs. what Tebow did.  Tebow took a losing team to the playoffs and won a game.  Manning took a playoff team to the playoffs and lost.

I remember another Heisman winner.  Jim Plunkett.  Did squat for the Patriots.  How did he work out?

Tebow won a Heisman and 2 Championships playing in the toughest conference in College.  You may not like his style.  You may not like his spirituality.  But you can't deny that he can turn his teammates into winners.

BTW, I think Mallet should play the whole game against the Giants.  We need to see what he can do.

I'm not saying Tebow hasn't had success at both the college and pro level.  In regards to his pro experience - he simply doesn't have the body of work that, let's say, Manning has.

Tebow is unconventional - and he is controversial for some of the reasons you've stated. It's going to be interesting to see what happens to him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Brady wants to play Thursday.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said he expects to play against the Giants in Thursday's preseason finale. "I expect to," he said, via ESPN.com. "That's how we've been preparing. It's always up to coach [Bill] Belichick, but I'm ready to go."

"We've got a lot of different guys, different faces, especially at the skill positions that have to be a big part of our offense this year, so the more time we can get under game conditions -- like I said before, we're on the clock, there's play clocks, there's game clocks, different substitution packages, stuff like that," he said. "There's a lot to do. Like you said, in 10 days we play a real game, so this is a final chance to really see where we're at."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NE/new-england-patriots

"Every time I call it a game, you call it a business. Every time I call it a business, you call it a game."—O.W. Shaddock

Sections
Shortcuts