Tebow was drafted by McDaniels - he in camp next year as possible backup QB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Tebow was drafted by McDaniels - he in camp next year as possible backup QB?

I would love to see him on punt team and holder on PATs and FGs. Have him throw a pass once in awhile on a PAT for 2 points just to make opposing teams gameplan for it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Tebow was drafted by McDaniels - he in camp next year as possible backup QB?

Waste of time, money and it brings unwanted distractions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Tebow was drafted by McDaniels - he in camp next year as possible backup QB?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No, I seriously doubt as a backup QB.  Tebow isn't going to any team as a QB backup with no shot of being a starting QB.  Now, as I have mentioned several times, I wouldn't be surprised to see him brought in as another TE.  Possible he can pick up some QB pointers from the great TFB at this time.  But as a TE, I could see it.  Plus he is the type of guy the Pats like. Hard worker, positive, good teammate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

No.

1. He did not make a good punt protector. You only want him on special teams for the potential of a fake? He needs to learn to block first.

2. BB likes to carry 2 QBs. I'd rather have that extra dlineman or other player than carry a player whose only good for the occasional trick play.

3. He'll still be a media distraction, no matter where he goes and whose ahead of him on the depth chart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If you brought him in for what would you use him?

BB has never used the wildcat. He could have used Edelman as he was a former QB.

BB has enough TEs.

A blocking back is a waste.

Brady is not giving up any snaps to anyone.

Just no place fo him that I see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No.

1. He did not make a good punt protector. You only want him on special teams for the potential of a fake? He needs to learn to block first.

2. BB likes to carry 2 QBs. I'd rather have that extra dlineman or other player than carry a player whose only good for the occasional trick play.

3. He'll still be a media distraction, no matter where he goes and whose ahead of him on the depth chart.

[/QUOTE]

This is actually the first year Pats only had 2 QBS. Mallet was there last year behing Hoyer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, I seriously doubt as a backup QB.  Tebow isn't going to any team as a QB backup with no shot of being a starting QB.  Now, as I have mentioned several times, I wouldn't be surprised to see him brought in as another TE.  Possible he can pick up some QB pointers from the great TFB at this time.  But as a TE, I could see it.  Plus he is the type of guy the Pats like. Hard worker, positive, good teammate.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why everyone think he would be a good TE. He may look like one, doesn't mean he can play.

1. Can tebow run/pass block. I honestly don't know, I haven't seen him in those situations.

2. In the one situation where I saw a pass thrown to him, he looked lost.

3. Can he run routes?

I know there is a history of basketball players who came in and thrived at TE with no football experience, but those guys were athletic freaks. I don't really look at Tebow as an athletic freak. He's also not going to be a mismatch guy like Jimmy Graham as he's about 4 inches shorter.

He's a good guy, no doubt. Just don't think he'll ever be an effective player in this league

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No.

[/QUOTE]

This is actually the first year Pats only had 2 QBS. Mallet was there last year behing Hoyer

[/QUOTE]

Didn't they only have one in 2010 and 2007?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 all saw 1 back ups. 

Cassell, no clue, Hoyer, Hoyer. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dang, I tried to no look it, but you're right. I just know we've gone two QBs deep plenty of times. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dang, I tried to no look it, but you're right. I just know we've gone two QBs deep plenty of times. 

[/QUOTE]

Whe did Pats have Kingsbury? I recall he was always inactive for games as emergency QB??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

No.

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think the point is that if Tebow came to the Pats, or a team like the Saints there would be ZERO pressure or confusion, and zero fans calling for Tebow to play. This would allow him 2-3 years behind Brady and Mallette in the system to try and improve.

I see no scenario in New England where any fan or member of the media is calling for TEbow to play, so he is not a distraction.

That being said, I do not see him as an NFL QB.

BB is so innovative, not that I do not want to see Brady playing, but I would love to see BB with an offense with a more mobile QB. That is why I see BB staying on long after Brady. I think he would run an offense that was totally different than they are currently running, to stay 2 steps ahead of everyone else in the NFL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whe did Pats have Kingsbury? I recall he was always inactive for games as emergency QB??

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the point is that if Tebow came to the Pats, or a team like the Saints there would be ZERO pressure or confusion, and zero fans calling for Tebow to play. This would allow him 2-3 years behind Brady and Mallette in the system to try and improve.

I see no scenario in New England where any fan or member of the media is calling for TEbow to play, so he is not a distraction.

BB is so innovative, not that I do not want to see Brady playing, but I would love to see BB with an offense with a more mobile QB. That is why I see BB staying on long after Brady. I think he would run an offense that was totally different than they are currently running, to stay 2 steps ahead of everyone else in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

It would still be a distraction. Just because he wouldn't be a threat to the starting job does not mean the media will not find a way to bring him up. They could ask him questions about how Tebow feels about being a third stringer, does he plan on designing Tebow specific plays, is Tebow the heir apparent to Tebow, etc etc.

Also, if Brady gets hurt...then you have a major distraction

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

2007-Brady, Guttierez, Cassell

2008-Cassel, Oconnell

2009-Brady, Hoyer, Edelman

2010-Brady, Hoyer, Edelman

2011-Brady, Hoyer, Mallette

2012-Brady, Mallette, Edelman

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

BB will field the best 53 players that give the team a chance to win.  Tim Tebow is not one of those players. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would still be a distraction. Just because he wouldn't be a threat to the starting job does not mean the media will not find a way to bring him up. They could ask him questions about how Tebow feels about being a third stringer, does he plan on designing Tebow specific plays, is Tebow the heir apparent to Tebow, etc etc.

[/QUOTE]

well thats the 2nd point...if Brady got hurt, who better to devise an offense and utilize Tebow than BB? He won with Cassell, he could win with Tebow if need be

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

2007-Brady, Guttierez, Cassell

2008-Cassel, Oconnell

2009-Brady, Hoyer, Edelman

2010-Brady, Hoyer, Edelman

2011-Brady, Hoyer, Mallette

2012-Brady, Mallette, Edelman

[/QUOTE]

If you're going to count Edelman, then I would definitely say no way to Tebow. I would rather have Edelman than Tebow, even if it's only 8 games of Edelman.

Edelman, we already know, can contribute to special teams and receiver.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

I would love to see him on punt team and holder on PATs and FGs. Have him throw a pass once in awhile on a PAT for 2 points just to make opposing teams gameplan for it...

[/QUOTE]

I know, let's take a page from those BRILLIANT minds over a the Jets and go get Tebow so that other teams have to game plan for him.... Yes. What brilliance. What a football mind. And why not take the thought even further. How about puttin ghim on D so that the other team's offense has to game plan for him there? And maybe on the return teams so that they have to game plan for him there.... And you know, the more times we take the ball out of Brady's hands and put it in the hands of a guy who cant start ahead of Mark Sanchez... no... ahead of McErloy... and maybe 50 other QBs, you know, that has to be a good idea. Brady really doesn't add any value. After all, everyone knows how to play Tom Brady with their D. And nobody has ever been able to figure out how to play a guy who can't throw...

PLEASE go to the Jets forums... it is where you really ought to be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]spot

[/QUOTE]

Put down the crack pipe. Tebow is a waste of a roster spot. The only thing he's good for is increasing a team's fan base among born again christians and housewives.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well thats the 2nd point...if Brady got hurt, who better to devise an offense and utilize Tebow than BB? He won with Cassell, he could win with Tebow if need be

[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to feel like you think BB can make any QB god. Kevin O'Connell was a mobile QB and BB couldn't get the most out of him. Tebow is not only innacurrate, he has a slow throwing motion. For a team that thrives on the short passing game, that won't work at all.

If you want Tebow to work, you're going to have to run that option offense they played in Denver.

Tebow led his team to under 20 points in 9 of his 13 starts. And as we can see from this season, it's not like DEN was lacking offensive weapons

If Brady went down, I'd rather take a chance with a traditional passer like Mallett before Tebow

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[/QUOTE]

I know, let's take a page from those BRILLIANT minds over a the Jets and go get Tebow so that other teams have to game plan for him.... Yes. What brilliance. What a football mind. And why not take the thought even further. How about puttin ghim on D so that the other team's offense has to game plan for him there? And maybe on the return teams so that they have to game plan for him there.... And you know, the more times we take the ball out of Brady's hands and put it in the hands of a guy who cant start ahead of Mark Sanchez... no... ahead of McErloy... and maybe 50 other QBs, you know, that has to be a good idea. Brady really doesn't add any value. After all, everyone knows how to play Tom Brady with their D. And nobody has ever been able to figure out how to play a guy who can't throw...

PLEASE go to the Jets forums... it is where you really ought to be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB will field the best 53 players that give the team a chance to win.  Tim Tebow is not one of those players. 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, we don't need him