Tebow working on throwing...NFL style

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Re: Tebow working on throwing...NFL style

In Response to Re: Tebow working on throwing...NFL style:
    All the Tebow fans love comparing him to Steve Young, but Tebow isn't as fast, quick, smart, or as sound as Steve. Tebow is more Vince Young with Wes Welker speed-- Which is 4.80. He isn't Steve Young or Joe Montana, he is another 9er QB known as ALEX SMITH. You Tebow fans know who Alex Smith is, aka a huge bust. I should know, I love the 9ers.
    Posted by 49Patriots

This is what makes me laugh with you guys that claim to know Tewbow's talent, what he can and cant do and the NFL.
    First of all not Steve Young, not Tom Brady, not Joe Montana, not even the great Dan Marino, were that good when they first started their first NFL game, and with the exception of Marino who had a rocket for an arm you compare Tebow to established quaterbacks.
    So please can the, Oh he's not fast enough, hes not smart enough. If you had one-100th the clue of that which you claim here you would be on every NFL teams scouting force, and your not. Tooo funny. You should work for Donald Trump

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I should work for Donald Trump. I go to a top 5 business school in Cambridge, and I think it's an absolute joke that many people think Tebow will be an NFL QB. An absolute freaking joke. I can run a regression for you to prove it. I could work for Belichick, but driving people to the airport for 10 years wouldn't pay off my 200 K of student loans. 

So your point is that Tebow will be good because Steve Young, Brady, and Montana weren't good when they started? What were the odds for them to become successful? Let's take Brady. What were the odds of him becoming a hall of fame qb? 1/100? 1/1000? Pretty long odds. What are Tebow's odds? 

I just don't see it with Tebow. The way he runs and throws is just not very impressive. Is your argument that he has so much heart that he'll do whatever it takes to make it to the top? It takes more than will. Tedy Bruschi had a lot of heart, but he eventually flamed out when his skills eroded. It takes more than will, and players that don't have the minimum skills do not make it. 

And to your point, if Tebow will 'do what it takes' then why the hell didn't he improve his crappy motion last fall? Why did he return for his senior year? He certainly didn't have a better year. Now he's going to fix his mechanics and save the world. If you accept that story I don't know what to say. I'd rather take a player who isn't such a media darling that actually worked to improve his draft status over the summer. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You know what makes me laugh?

People whose opinion is that other people shouldn't voice their opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

I should work for Donald Trump. I go to a top 5 business school in Cambridge, and I think it's an absolute joke that many people think Tebow will be an NFL QB. An absolute freaking joke. I can run a regression for you to prove it. I could work for Belichick, but driving people to the airport for 10 years wouldn't pay off my 200 K of student loans.  So your point is that Tebow will be good because Steve Young, Brady, and Montana weren't good when they started? What were the odds for them to become successful? Let's take Brady. What were the odds of him becoming a hall of fame qb? 1/100? 1/1000? Pretty long odds. What are Tebow's odds?  I just don't see it with Tebow. The way he runs and throws is just not very impressive. Is your argument that he has so much heart that he'll do whatever it takes to make it to the top? It takes more than will. Tedy Bruschi had a lot of heart, but he eventually flamed out when his skills eroded. It takes more than will, and players that don't have the minimum skills do not make it.  And to your point, if Tebow will 'do what it takes' then why the hell didn't he improve his crappy motion last fall? Why did he return for his senior year? He certainly didn't have a better year. Now he's going to fix his mechanics and save the world. If you accept that story I don't know what to say. I'd rather take a player who isn't such a media darling that actually worked to improve his draft status over the summer. 
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

My argument is that you no more have an idea to what will happen to Tebow than you do with Donald Trump. Opinions are just that , opinions.
    As for your student loans, your obviously not as smart as you thought you were because if you were you would have had a full scholarship! That kills your genius attitude right in its tracks. And as for comparison of Genius, I would pick Bill B over you any day of the week and he still is wrong at times. So for you to push your self proclaimed high caliber education on us with so much of school loan debt, youve already lost and very badly.
    I have no idea how Tebow will do, and I hav esaid that, I said I hope he does well and who and what he reminds me of, as for his future, all your stats, idea's and regression, aggreassion, and loan debt means nothing.
    Why didnt you try and ask Obama for some relief when all the money was getting handed out? You claim you could work for Trump? I think the only thing you would hear from the Donald is this, YOUR FIRED!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

You know what makes me laugh? People whose opinion is that other people shouldn't voice their opinion.
    Posted by p-mike

Ok Mike, whats your opinion of Tebow then? Out with it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't see Tebow as an NFL quarterback.

He won the Heismann Trophy and the National Championship and now he's going back to Pop Warner to fix his mechanics?

I don't think so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

You know what makes me laugh? People whose opinion is that other people shouldn't voice their opinion.
    Posted by p-mike

and if you were refering to me, I never tell anyone not to voice their opinion, I just said it was funny that people claim they know what will happen before anything happens, does that make them phychic?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

I should work for Donald Trump. I go to a top 5 business school in Cambridge, and I think it's an absolute joke that many people think Tebow will be an NFL QB. An absolute freaking joke. I can run a regression for you to prove it. I could work for Belichick, but driving people to the airport for 10 years wouldn't pay off my 200 K of student loans.  So your point is that Tebow will be good because Steve Young, Brady, and Montana weren't good when they started? What were the odds for them to become successful? Let's take Brady. What were the odds of him becoming a hall of fame qb? 1/100? 1/1000? Pretty long odds. What are Tebow's odds?  I just don't see it with Tebow. The way he runs and throws is just not very impressive. Is your argument that he has so much heart that he'll do whatever it takes to make it to the top? It takes more than will. Tedy Bruschi had a lot of heart, but he eventually flamed out when his skills eroded. It takes more than will, and players that don't have the minimum skills do not make it.  And to your point, if Tebow will 'do what it takes' then why the hell didn't he improve his crappy motion last fall? Why did he return for his senior year? He certainly didn't have a better year. Now he's going to fix his mechanics and save the world. If you accept that story I don't know what to say. I'd rather take a player who isn't such a media darling that actually worked to improve his draft status over the summer. 
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Anyway rockdog, dont get upset im only kidding with you. But you better get a good job to pay off that loan debt!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Really, Rocher? You're fired? They don't give scholarships where I go. 

It's fine to voice your opinion, but I can disagree if it's based what I believe to be hype and not substance. Please list the skills that Tebow has that will makes him a top flight qb. Please. Vague comparisons to Brady don't help your point. And keep in mind guys like Julian Edelman, who aren't followed by cameras and ballwashed by sheep, have just as much heart as Tebow and will make it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Really, Rocher? You're fired? They don't give scholarships where I go.  It's fine to voice your opinion, but I can disagree if it's based what I believe to be hype and not substance. Please list the skills that Tebow has that will makes him a top flight qb. Please. Vague comparisons to Brady don't help your point. And keep in mind guys like Julian Edelman, who aren't followed by cameras and ballwashed by sheep, have just as much heart as Tebow and will make it.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Honestly I dont have any. As you know college quaterbacks are nothning more than a coin toss in the Nfl. I wish I knew, I would go and work for Al Davis and get really overpaid

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

You're telling me! These loans are a killer. I'm a first year so hopefully people start hiring like crazy soon. I did send a resume in to Al Davis but I haven't heard back from him yet. That contract he gave their fat kicker probably doesn't help my cause.

Obviously I'm not an expert either, and I'm probably venting because they give me too much work for my overrated education. One can make the argument that any college QB has long odds to make it, so maybe it's a tough case to make unless you're Peyton Manning or Jake Locker (then again, there's Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell...). Anyway, you're right about and I was being a jerk. Everyone has an opinion and mine is no more right than yours. Tebow is a polarizing figure, though. It seems like you either love him or hate him. 

I too like that fact that BB is making the decision, and trust him to do what's right. I just want the Pats to get better. I will be very interested to see how the draft goes... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rock - let me guess top 5 business in Cambridge, well it can't be Havard because they do give out scholarships (I have 2 friends who went there on full boats), and MIT is a top 5 MBA but that can't be either because that's where I got my engineering degree and I got scholarships so where did you go to school?  Just kidding with you man but that sux 200k, you went to the wrong unversity.

But seriously you can break down numbers well I most likely work with more complicated equation and formulations on a daily basis and I could put together enough data to prove if he changes up his mechanics he has the ability to becoming a starting qb in th nfl. But neither of us are nfl scouts or nfl number crunchers so either of our numbers could be off. It's just eye sight that tells me if given time to develope and change up his throwing with the right coaching Tebow could become a very good to great QB. Now that said I don't think he's worth a high pick and 4th might even be a bit early for this project but if we could get him in the 4th-6th round and have him play behind Brady I think he could become a player that could win with the right players around him. He could end up being worth the hype we are seeing but it's going to take almost a full rookie contract to see. Now if he's choosen early and placed into a starting position in a year or two well he's going to fail and be a bust but IMO it's all where and by who he is picked which will determine his future. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

PatsEng: I am from MIT. I'm a Sloanie so I don't know math so I'll defer to you on the complicated equations, although I was an engineer in my past life. Sloan does give out scholarships but they don't put a dent in anything. I'm not worried about the debt...Sloan's a good investment. 

I guess my eyesight differs from yours, but that's going to be the case with Tebow. One thing that'll be key (and it really isn't apparent now) is how he reads a defense. Brady was educated in a pro style offense, while Tebow learned in Meyer's O (which did him no favors in terms of being a pro prospect). Time will tell. 198 teams were wrong about Brady, so maybe a lot of people are missing the boat. That argument is very weak though...

What do your equations tell you about round 1? I think Graham would be a great pick but doubt BB will pick a short DE (no matter how well he gets to the qb).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rock you might laugh at this but me and the other engineers at work, around the draft work on a drafting program for the first couple rounds. We've been doing it for 3 years now and for the most part we are getting pretty good at line and hybrid line players coming out. Now Wr, QB, TE we suc* at and RB we're above 50 but not by much. From early numbers we have Kindle slightly above Graham right now but that's using last years program and no combine data. It's just for fun and see if we can crack the nfl player code but I doubt we'd ever get a good percentage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

No, that's pretty cool stuff. In one class called 'The Edge' I'm doing something similar in predicting an NBA fantasy draft. 

It's easier to predict the LOS players so it should be tough to predict the skill positions. From a pure physical standpoint Kindle would be great, but I wonder about his intelligence and character. Merriweather wasn't exactly known as a great character guy so maybe it's something that BB will overlook if Kindle has everything else?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Really, Rocher? You're fired? They don't give scholarships where I go.  It's fine to voice your opinion, but I can disagree if it's based what I believe to be hype and not substance. Please list the skills that Tebow has that will makes him a top flight qb. Please. Vague comparisons to Brady don't help your point. And keep in mind guys like Julian Edelman, who aren't followed by cameras and ballwashed by sheep, have just as much heart as Tebow and will make it.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Uhh..I didn't say "You're fired"  Stommper did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Sorry about that rocher.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Rock you might laugh at this but me and the other engineers at work, around the draft work on a drafting program for the first couple rounds. We've been doing it for 3 years now and for the most part we are getting pretty good at line and hybrid line players coming out. Now Wr, QB, TE we suc* at and RB we're above 50 but not by much. From early numbers we have Kindle slightly above Graham right now but that's using last years program and no combine data. It's just for fun and see if we can crack the nfl player code but I doubt we'd ever get a good percentage.
    Posted by PatsEng

Hey why dont you guys post your draft picks as you think they will come out like the day before the draft on here and we can see how close you guys get. That would be pretty cool stuff to see how close you can get. If you have good sucess we will get Mel Kiper fired and have you guys on there!